US Politics

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
I see dem Joe Lieberman is rooting for Susan Collins (republican) in the race for US senator in the state of Maine.
I wonder what’s behind that? What kind of deal has he struck? It can’t just be ideology.

Gideon, the Dem challenger, is well ahead in the polls, last I looked.
You mean the same Joe Lieberman who was in serious contention to be John McCain’s running mate in 08?

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
I'm thinking of the migrant caravan that stood armed and ready to invade the US in October 2018 but disappeared by mid-November.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I couldn't finish that video. I almost tossed my laptop out the window when the kid came on. Fuming.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Some fools might think this is a retrograde step, especially given the timing with forest fires. What they lack is the Democratic party's understanding of issues reflected in the ancient idiom, "there is no forest fire without a forest."

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Why are all of these unhinged anti-maskers Caucasians?
Cos they are the crazy, freedom touting, tin foil hat wearing m'fers.

Also:
The asians were 1st adopters in masks so you won't see them out there, plus they generally keep a low profile.

The blacks, you won't see many in those mostly white areas, especially Utah.
tbh I'm not sure what their stance is (if it could be generalized) as there are probably no more than 2 black folks within 5 sq miles of my neighbourhood.

The hispanics, well they're probably too busy working to be out there protesting.

Generalize much?

Last edited:

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Because Anglos* thinking they know and are entitled to everything.

*I know it’s a colloquial to say Caucasian to refee to white people but that’s outdated and should really refer to the Caucasus region people like Turks and Armenians among others.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Some fools might think this is a retrograde step, especially given the timing with forest fires. What they lack is the Democratic party's understanding of issues reflected in the ancient idiom, "there is no forest fire without a forest."

More environment destroyed so US can spread more “democracy”. I wonder how many people could be fed, housed, supported with all the money spent in clearing out the forest and using bombs? I wonder what kind of effort to combat climate change with the money going to this project? Wow we sure are the true arbiters of freedom and democracy! It’s totally best that we keep dominating the world!

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Anyone who believes the rich care what side of the political spectrum someone is on is an idiot:

New York (CNN Business)The pandemic delivered a serious scare to Ryan Williams and his technology real estate startup, Cadre.

The investment platform hunkered down and braced for the worst in March, despite being backed by well-connected and well-heeled investors like Mark Cuban,
George Soros and Jared Kushner.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/21/investing/real-estate-cadre-savings-account/index.html

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout

If they showed the same organisation, unity and political savvy against the Republicans that they showed on March 1st against Bernie, this awful party woudl still be worth voting for..

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Asians are smart enough and selfish enough to wear mask to protect themselves first and foremost. Not that they care much beyond that.

Caucasian are too embroiled in freedom and democracy you could tell them apple is good for them and they'll argue about it for the sake of it.

The 3rd world countries cant afford mask and corona is the less of their worries compared to making a living.

Sweet Square

Asians are smart enough and selfish enough to wear mask to protect themselves first and foremost. Not that they care much beyond that.

Caucasian are too embroiled in freedom and democracy you could tell them apple is good for them and they'll argue about it for the sake of it.

The 3rd world countries cant afford mask and corona is the less of their worries compared to making a living.
:lol:

Raoul

Admin
Staff

:lol: