US Politics

WPMUFC

Nancy Pelosi announces that she's running again. Good lord...
like Feinstein, Supreme Court Justices et al. They'll sit there till they die and just let political aides make the calls. I'm pretty sure Feinstein has full blown dementia and the aides are running the entire show. I've read multiple articles that Supreme Court clerks are doing the same.

At least Pelosi isn't that far gone, but she needs to feck off.

WPMUFC

:wenger:

That Gosar fecker was on the senate floor speaking and trying to stop Biden's certification as the insurrectionsist breached. He's also an out and out ethno nationalist. Theres no way shes a democrat when shes up for reelection. She either switches party or she'll be primaried out.

Drifter

American
Nancy Pelosi announces that she's running again. Good lord...
Hope she gets challenged from the left. But I feel this is her trying to help with fund-raising, she does not want to be seen as jumping ship with the other House Democrats who are leaving,not a good look.

Last edited:

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
That nonsense Wisconsin hospital injunction was thankfully removed, so now...

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Biden is going to nominate a conservative judge and it's going to be very funny.

The advancement of democracy continues!
Campaign promise was to nominate a black woman as the next justice, who knows where she might fall on the con/lib spectrum?

Sweet Square

Campaign promise was to nominate a black woman as the next justice, who knows where she might fall on the con/lib spectrum?
Oh didn't know it was mentioned as a campaign promise(I've already seen some progressive tweet at Biden demanding for his pick to be a black woman)still imo it's going to be another old white person. Biden has already backtracked on million different things from his campaign and he will just go back to type. Which is trying to not piss off republicans(Plus Biden own politics are very conservative).

Just have to wait and see I guess.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Any idea how onerous the new attendance policy is?
The new “Hi-Viz” policy would institute a new point system for employees. They would lose points for various absences, including needing to take time off for a family emergency or funeral. Union officials said that the new policy violated various bargaining agreements currently in place between labor and the railroad. But the railroad said it has not updated its attendance policy in 20 years and that it’s necessary to remain competitive. The railroad also said the new policy would enable employees to better plan time off.
https://railfan.com/judge-blocks-strike-over-bnsf-attendance-policy/

Whatever the policy, the judge can't use the supply chain to inform his decisions, at least not according to free market dogma (but always according to free market reality).

Last week, BNSF sued the unions to prevent a strike before it happened. In court documents, they argued that any work stoppage would have a major impact on the American economy and exacerbate ongoing supply-chain issues. The judge, Mark T. Pittman, agreed, writing in his order that “a strike would exacerbate our current supply-chain crisis—harming the public at large, not just BNSF. A temporary restraining order will thus serve, rather than disserve, the public interest.”

While the judge did not rule on the merits of BNSF’s new policy, or if it was a “minor” or “major” dispute, he wrote that the union should negotiate a compromise instead of going on strike. The restraining order is in effect until February 8.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
That's a brilliant book, I hope kids get curious as to why it's banned and read it.