US Politics

Drifter

American
Same-sex marriage and contraception next on the SCOTUS chopping block according to Clarence Thomas

UncleBob

It's funny because I don't live in the US. I can only imagine they'll continue down the path of absolute stupidity.

sport2793

So Biden does the decent thing and decides there should be 20 judges and just nominates a bunch of sane people right?... I mean he can do that can't he?
Not on his own, he needs the Senate to approve the move and the only way that would happen is if they remove the filibuster. That won't happen unless 2 more Democratic senators are elected while retaining the others in November.

RedDevilQuebecois

Without saying it explicitly, it's safe to say that Gary Neville said pretty much what we think of the US in the light of today's main headline.

Drainy

It's odd that there are still some Clinton supporters blaming Sanders for her loss.

She lost because of the states she ignored on the campaign. Even then it was a small margin in a lot of them.

Maybe visit places you need to win?

Smores

With all that's going on I find it hard to understand why there's not constant widespread protest? Twitter seems to have replaced protests but tweets won't lead to any change.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
With all that's going on I find it hard to understand why there's not constant widespread protest? Twitter seems to have replaced protests but tweets won't lead to any change.
Seems a bit futile to protest the Supreme Court.

Sweet Square

There were also protests in other parts of the US as well.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
https://www.theatlantic.com/politic...-growing-michael-podhorzer-newsletter/661377/

interesting red state/blue state take on events.

that blue state life expectancy is almost 3 years higher in blue states should be no surprise.
Podhorzer recently laid out a detailed case for thinking of the two blocs as fundamentally different nations uneasily sharing the same geographic space.
Was thinking the same thing. The blue/red divide is so big you have basically 2 countries in 1.

RedDevilQuebecois

The Onion has been swinging that axe at SCOTUS since yesterday. Look at all the titles.

The worst is that none of those would be surprising with the 5 sick fecks.

RedDevilQuebecois

Why is the US so fecking scared of holding people with authority accountable?
A very weak DOJ. Prosecutors with guts and willing to go like a bull in a China shop like Preet Bharara, Glenn Kirshner and Letitia James are a very rare breed these days.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Why is the US so fecking scared of holding people with authority accountable?
So much corruption, try to take an insider down and they threaten everyone with the dirt they have. And what's the consequence? US voters don't refuse to vote for politicians who act that way, and if they do the party will just find a new cheat.