US Politics

RedDevilQuebecois

In other words, the DOJ went full Matt Damon as in that confrontation with Mark Wahlberg from The Departed. :devil:

"I don't have to fecking explain anything to anybody! I can fecking investigate anybody I fecking want to! I don't give a feck what you think!"

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Surely the republicans will be so disgusted by this that they'll kick him out now
No chance. Half of them are gay, have had abortions, take hard drugs, have slept with trans people etc etc themselves. They're not going to give up any power in the house over something as trivial as lying about whether you used to be a drag queen or not (or faked your CV, defrauded everybody, and lied about the death of your mother for that matter).

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Surely the republicans will be so disgusted by this that they'll kick him out now
The people who want to crash the worlds; economy - not a chance, they'll spin this to try and make it look like thery're an all inclusive party

WPMUFC

i remember when she first ran as a fake progressive, she conned a lot of progressive endorsements (like tulsi tried to). It would not surprise me if she lost AZ in a three horse race and then became the "sensible dem" on a Fox News show...maybe even a Morning Joe Co-host. There's always the next grift for these people.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
i remember when she first ran as a fake progressive, she conned a lot of progressive endorsements (like tulsi). It would not surprise me if she lost AZ in a three horse race and then became the "sensible dem" on a Fox News show...maybe even a Morning Joe Co-host. There's always the next grift for these people.
She was always a bit odd when she ran in 2018. The only reason she came across as mildly progressive is because Arizona Republican politics are so far right that any one Rs run against appear sensible.

iKnowNothing

This whole Santos thing got me thinking - does the US not need any formal proof of identification when someone is contesting elections?
I mean how can his name be something that people aren’t sure about? Or is it that easy to completely switch identities and assume a completely new one in the US?

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
This whole Santos thing got me thinking - does the US not need any formal proof of identification when someone is contesting elections?
I mean how can his name be something that people aren’t sure about? Or is it that easy to completely switch identities and assume a completely new one in the US?
Ironic that Republicans want stricter voter ID requirements!