US Politics

RedDevilQuebecois

Seems to me there is just no bottom end to the level of backwards ridicule for the GOP anymore.

I don't know what exact percentage of girls have their menarche (first menstrual cycle) by ages 10-11, but it is far more bigger than it was just a few decades ago. We just can no longer not talk about it until girls turn 12 or 13. Stupid to force girls to endure 1-2 years of total anxiety just because of a bunch of hypocrites can't talk about basic female physiology. Gotta wonder how those politicians' own wives and daughters feel about that shite.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Didn't see the guy's bio or the tweet he was replying to first, assumed this was supposed to be a positive tweet!

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Just a reminder that the reason the ERA (Equal Rights Amendment) was never added to the constitution is because the GOP sees it's absence as a method to keep women as second class citizens. Their argument begins with an acknowledgement that making women equal to men would make abortions legal. Oh, and I bet you will "never" guess which states refused to ratify it in 1982....

Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Utah, and Virginia

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
What absolute morons these clowns are. They just can't accept some people have serious allergies that mean they have to have alternatives or that people have beliefs that mean they want to have alternatives to dairy, meat or whatever.

It disgusts me that these tossers take it as a personal affront to them that other people want something different. This is exactly the same for the climate change/gay/trans/abortion/women's rights etc etc.....

It's like they hear one thing and zoom in on it and can't be budged. Their stupidity and ignorance should be destroyed with facts and counter argument, but it seems it never is.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Just a reminder that the reason the ERA (Equal Rights Amendment) was never added to the constitution is because the GOP sees it's absence as a method to keep women as second class citizens. Their argument begins with an acknowledgement that making women equal to men would make abortions legal. Oh, and I bet you will "never" guess which states refused to ratify it in 1982....

Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Utah, and Virginia

Illinois is a bit of a surprise inclusion isn't it?

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes

How would the equal rights amendment make abortion legal?

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Cool, let’s regulate guns like cars and booze

They are soooooo stupid walking into this. You need to pass exams to get a license driver. You need to show that and pay for an insurance. And others.

So so so stupid

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
This is really good:
An Interview With the School Board Chair Who Forced Out a Principal After Michelangelo’s David Was Shown in Class
https://slate.com/human-interest/2023/03/florida-principal-fired-michelangelo-david-statue.html

Parents, after they saw all the crap that’s being taught in public schools during COVID, decided of their own that they didn’t want their children to be taught that. Here we teach the Hillsdale Curriculum, focusing on civic and moral values. We teach a traditional, Western civilization, liberal classical education. And if there’s controversial topics or subjects, we tell parents in advance. We’re going to be sensitive to everybody at the school.
The current context is about moral values, civic values, personal responsibility. Those are the things that aren’t being taught in schools. Along with history, science, math, art, music. We don’t have safe spaces for kids so they won’t be offended by a Halloween costume.
there's so much stuff in there - how western civilization and "liberal classical" are now totally empty signifiers (basically meaning anti-woke, which is another empty signifier). he goes into that a bit more in the rest of it.
of course, the usual safe spaces for me, not my kids.
the whole premise of the story, that this was a private school set up with public money to teach a reactionary curriculum, and a greek statue was too much for the parents.
"we're florida".

It's very boring and vulgar marxist (@Sweet Square :) ) but it's under-rated how much the trans panic ties in with the destruction of public schools- which has been the core of the modern american conservative movement since it was born in the aftermath of school integration.

Last edited:

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Christ, the right wing war on sex education has now landed on our shore with employees of the Rutgers stichting (Dutch organisation for sex education) receiving death threats over the week for sex awareness on elementairy schools.

Can't these half wits just feck off across the atlantic.

My misspelling of elementary school is a nice bit of irony in this condescending post. I'll allow it.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Christ, the right wing war on sex education has now landed on our shore with employees of the Rutgers stichting (Dutch organisation for sex education) receiving death threats over the week for sex awareness on elementairy schools.

Can't these half wits just feck off across the atlantic.

My misspelling of elementary school is a nice bit of irony in this condescending post. I'll allow it.
To be fair, if kids learn about sex too young how are right wing Christian conservatives going to be able to trick them into being molested?

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
To be fair, if kids learn about sex too young how are right wing Christian conservatives going to be able to trick them into being molested?
The sad part is there is more than a kernel of truth to this. Same with rewriting history to remove the "bad" parts.