US Politics

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Some of these people are going to be extremely frustrating to listen to but this does provide a good peek inside into how a lot of 'Muricans think and why the state of the country is what it is.

Sweet Square

Some of these people are going to be extremely frustrating to listen to but this does provide a good peek inside into how a lot of 'Muricans think and why the state of the country is what it is.

Everyone in this video part from the public school teachers deserves to spend time in a gulag.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Given what we know about Reagan, and the elections since, has the GOP really had a legitimate president since Nixon?

Even saying that name sounds weird, but i guess he won his first election legitimately.

Reagan is a traitor, Bush Sr was definitely involved, ruling his presidency out as well, Bush Jr lost the popular vote, there is also Florida to talk about, Trump lost the popular vote by a lot.

You can make an argument that the latter two are legitimate, but losing the popular vote is a disqualifier for me.

WPMUFC

In response, Jordan, Comer and Steil said their inquiry is legitimate because “the potential criminal indictment of a former President of the United States by an elected local prosecutor of the opposing political party (and who will face the prospect of re-election) implicates substantial federal interests”.

must now consider whether to draft legislation that would, if enacted, insulate current and former presidents from such improper state and local prosecutions,” they said.
Arguing that if a democrat prosecutes a republican...particularly a republican they are beholden to, they want to create legislation to class any prosecution as "improper" and insert the federal government into state prosecutions.

This would suggest the GOP's idea of prosecution is: "lock up clinton and Obama, but a democrat investigating a republican? IMPROPER PROSECUTION!!!"

I wonder if they have the balls to actually try can craft a piece of legislation that says you can prosecute republicans if they held office. However my guess is that his is all BS grandstanding once again.

RedDevilQuebecois

Given what we know about Reagan, and the elections since, has the GOP really had a legitimate president since Nixon?

Even saying that name sounds weird, but i guess he won his first election legitimately.

Reagan is a traitor, Bush Sr was definitely involved, ruling his presidency out as well, Bush Jr lost the popular vote, there is also Florida to talk about, Trump lost the popular vote by a lot.

You can make an argument that the latter two are legitimate, but losing the popular vote is a disqualifier for me.
In one answer: NO.

Speaking of criminality and anti-democratic BS done by one political party, I say the GOP is ranking as high as the Kuomintang in Taiwan.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Stupid liberals making the lives of Americans harder while the powerless right sits around....or something.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Stupid liberals making the lives of Americans harder while the powerless right sits around....or something.

Like beaten spouses they are the right. Always being bullied...by freedom?

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Like beaten spouses they are the right. Always being bullied...by freedom?
So sad, all they want to do is make America great again like it was when only land owning white men could vote, blacks were slaves, and women knew their place: the kitchen and subservient.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
So sad, all they want to do is make America great again like it was when only land owning white men could vote, blacks were slaves, and women knew their place: the kitchen and subservient.
You mean they want r
To go back in 2022?

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Be still my heart...

It's hard to overstate how popular Gov. Cooper is here, even among Republicans. He won reelection by 4.5% in 2020. Also, I do think that NC will keep trending purple over the next 10 years. Trump barely pulled it out in 2020 and if Cunningham had not been governed by his dick he would have likely picked up a Senate seat. In 22 I think the incessant (and overly racist) anti- Cheryl Beasly adds plus voter fatigue made it a weird one. I am inerested to see how 24 goes. Basically, I think the GOP in this state see's how the state is trending and is trying to forestall what I think is the inevitable.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
@Sweet Square our thesis should be on marxists.org

That feels a bit simplistic. I don't think most middle-class homeowners share the same set of material incentives as big real estate interests. For instance, here in LA the big real estate interests always want to put in more apartments, something most homeowners tend to oppose. Rent-seeking landowners also have a large disconnect from homeowners when it comes to public safety where they typically don't care because they live off in their gated communities. Looking back to the financial crisis large real estate developers were fully on board with all the de-regulation that harmed a huge chunk of homeowners, and in the case of mortgage lenders, had incentives directly the opposite as homeowners. I think there is a big difference between a family that owns their own home and even just being a "small" landlord. The incentives aren't really aligned in many key areas.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
That feels a bit simplistic. I don't think most middle-class homeowners share the same set of material incentives as big real estate interests. For instance, here in LA the big real estate interests always want to put in more apartments, something most homeowners tend to oppose. Rent-seeking landowners also have a large disconnect from homeowners when it comes to public safety where they typically don't care because they live off in their gated communities. Looking back to the financial crisis large real estate developers were fully on board with all the de-regulation that harmed a huge chunk of homeowners, and in the case of mortgage lenders, had incentives directly the opposite as homeowners. I think there is a big difference between a family that owns their own home and even just being a "small" landlord. The incentives aren't really aligned in many key areas.
was referring to the top tweet ("homeownership/reactionary politics") more than the second.

otherwise, yes, there are conflicts between (largely) NIMBY homeowners and (largely) YIMBY developers.

Simbo

People have probably seen this but I just stumbled on it again and its always worth a rewatch.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
This cat’s having quite a day…

e - quite a 24 hours...

Last edited:

NotworkSte

Disney isn’t going anywhere, it’s too entrenched in central Florida. Florida as a state would be able to absorb the loss after a period of time, but CF would be irreparably harmed for potentially decades. It would be too much logistically & from a cost perspective for Disney to move; DeSantis gets to play big man while everyone knows Disney is getting off with a slap on the wrist. @Morty_ was spot on with his performative art assessment.
Looks like while meatball Ron was fighting his culture war Disney was working in the background all the time to figure it out. Poisoned the well until… and it isn’t a joke
“This declaration shall continue in effect until twenty one (21) years after the death of the last survivor of the descendants of King Charles III, King of England living as of the date of this Declaration”

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Looks like while meatball Ron was fighting his culture war Disney was working in the background all the time to figure it out. Poisoned the well until… and it isn’t a joke
“This declaration shall continue in effect until twenty one (21) years after the death of the last survivor of the descendants of King Charles III, King of England living as of the date of this Declaration”
:lol:

RedDevilQuebecois

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think we can laugh as much as UrinatingTree did when the Giants drafted Kadarius Toney.