US Politics

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Anyone see/hear of the DeSantis presser? It's wild. It's political posturing over an issue not remotely affecting Florida.
I didn't see it, but does it have anything to do with the draconian measures against protestors? That guy's neck needs to be closely acquainted with a uniquely French apparatus from the 18th century.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
All about protestors and threatening to reduce/withhold funding from small municipalities not in compliance (something like that). Funny how it was a local issue on a mask mandate but not when it comes to this.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
https://history.house.gov/Historica...endment-to-dissolve-the-United-States-Senate/
A Proposed Constitutional Amendment to Dissolve the United States Senate
April 27, 1911

“Whereas the Senate in particular has become an obstructive and useless body, a menace to the liberties of the people, and an obstacle to social growth. . . . All legislative powers shall be vested in the House of Representatives. Its enactments, subject to referendum . . . shall be the supreme law, and the President shall have no power to veto them, nor shall any court have the power to invalidate them.”

the Milwaukee Congressman insisted that, “Our Constitution is really a hindrance to any reasonable growth in our public life, and it should be changed.” Referred to the House Judiciary Committee, H.J. Res. 79 received no action and died at the end of the Congress.

Abizzz

Has to be one of the most dehumanizing systems on earth.
The irony being that having a pharmacist take out the one pill probably costs more than it costs to manufacture 1 pill. This isn't capitalism, it's exploitation.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
The irony being that having a pharmacist take out the one pill probably costs more than it costs to manufacture 1 pill. This isn't capitalism, it's exploitation.
wasting the pill costs more, but it keeps people disciplined. they have to keep coming back for more refills, they are used to not getting what they need. long-run much better customers.

Blodssvik

Mehdi Hasan finally gets his payday and NBC/MSNBC gig. His entire schtick for a couple of years now has been a come get me plea to this network like when he was begging to join the Daily Mail a decade ago.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Mehdi Hasan finally gets his payday and NBC/MSNBC gig. His entire schtick for a couple of years now has been a come get me plea to this network like when he was begging to join the Daily Mail a decade ago.
Good for him. He’s done well since coming to the states. I’ll definitely checkout his new show on Peacock.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
No crime in getting paid. And I don't think it's a schtick. It's not as if he's hiding his views.

entropy

FFS, you can be a sane warmonger. You can be a warmonger but also be an ok human being to your friends and family.