Television US talk shows

Dante

Average bang
I'm a big fan of Conan and I've been loving the first few weeks of Colbert's Late Show, even though it's basically just an hour long version of the Colbert Report.

It's a bit disappointing that Fallon and Kimmel are winning in the ratings. Neither is as talented as the other two, but they seem to get high numbers by doing youtube-bait skits with celebrities.

I'm looking forward to see how Trevor Noah gets on tomorrow. I've never really liked him, but if John Oliver could do it, hopefully he can too. I think he'll need to lean heavily on his writers.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I watch Conan but it depends on the guests really. When he has Bill Burr on i watch whatever. Those two are hilarious together.

kps88

I think the whole format is stale and needs reinventing. The best interviews are always the ones that feel natural with no pre interview setup, but those are becoming more and more rare. Colbert has been very good, particularly his political interviews. Thought his interview with Biden was very brave.

Jimmy Fallon is someone I will never get; falls over backwards trying to suck up to his guests. Barely conducts an interview, just laughs and repeats anything remotely funny said by the guest. Can't stand him and his stupid fake laugh.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I see Fallon everywhere for christ sake, on YouTube, on FaceBook, no day passes by without noticing him. I think his interviews are cringeworthy as hell.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Fallon is awful. I get his interviews are supposed to be light but he can't even finish a sentence properly.

HBFSTR00

Supports
Ten hag
Jimmy Fallon is someone I will never get; falls over backwards trying to suck up to his guests. Barely conducts an interview, just laughs and repeats anything remotely funny said by the guest. Can't stand him and his stupid fake laugh.
This!!!

SirAF

Ageist
I'm a big fan of Conan and I've been loving the first few weeks of Colbert's Late Show, even though it's basically just an hour long version of the Colbert Report.

It's a bit disappointing that Fallon and Kimmel are winning in the ratings. Neither is as talented as the other two, but they seem to get high numbers by doing youtube-bait skits with celebrities.

I'm looking forward to see how Trevor Noah gets on tomorrow. I've never really liked him, but if John Oliver could do it, hopefully he can too. I think he'll need to lean heavily on his writers.
I've loved Colbert's Late Show too, it's brilliant! Kimmel and Fallon are terrible and annoying while the two others I've never watched.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
I don't like Kimmel all that much, Fallon I like just because it seems like not even he can believe how lucky he is.

Conan should have stayed with The Simpsons

Colbert had Run The Jewels, he rules all.

crimsonife

I've started watching Colbert as well, enjoyed his the most out of the others. Fallon is terrible, he does his fake laugh every few seconds plus it's too goofy for me. Conan is alright and Kimmel is meh.

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
Both Conan and Fallon are terrible with their fake laughs and bad interviewing skills. Kimmel is more laid back at least and can crack a joke or two.

Craig Ferguson used to be the best before he left the late late show. No skits or anything. Just naturally charismatic and funny.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
I miss the original Colbert Report, his character and his writers were fantastic and razor-sharp, I preferred him to Jon Stewart who often went for a more slapstick type of humour.
Colbert was the perfect mixture of absurd and takedown.

Dante

Average bang
Just watched the first episode of The Daily Show With Trevor Noah. Not as bad as I'd feared. I'll keep watching for now.

I don't like the Manchester City colour scheme, though.

Dante

Average bang
First episode of The Daily Show was OK. The second and third have been crap. At this rate, Trevor Noah won't last 6 months.

Dante

Average bang
End of an era last night. Conan did his last ever late night talk show.

He'll be moving over to HBO Max to do something different. His podcast is pretty great too, tbf.

prateik

Had no idea.. completely stopped watching a few years ago.. knew he moved to a 30 min show a couple of years back..

Conan was the only one I watched regularly.. TDS + TCR too when that was a thing 10+ years ago..

I just like Conan .. and yes.. his podcast is pretty good too..

Dante

Average bang
Six years later
More like two months later.

The show changed its 'rate' significantly when Noah took things at his own pace and turned it into more of a standup routine rather than a news show. And now, in those six years, I still haven't missed a single episode (albeit mostly watched in the background).

Dante

Average bang
I've been rewatching a lot of old Conan sketches and this is probably my favourite so far: