USMNT | World Cup Discussion Thread

Herculean

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Brilliant by Aaronson! what a fabulous 1st touch!

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I think you guys have a serious shot of taking out the Dutch tbh. Look at how Ecuador nulified them and you have more attacking quality in final third (if Pulisic is fit).

Just stop bring on these MLS guys as the quality really really drops. Still getting over Wright's cameo. :lol:

Bertie Wooster

Great effort.

Thoroughly deserved qualification after 3 good performances.

The lack of a quality #9 is a clear issue in the long term. But 3 great team efforts so far.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
If we go out to a "soccer" team, I will stop watching football.

I think it's likely at this point :wenger:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I reckon the tenacity of your midfield will cause the Dutch problems.

bosskeano

Man that was intense at the end.....Saw the game out even with a few jitters but didn't really let them have a big moment to score

I think though GB has to look at his subs....Moore and Wright were poor

Need to look at Yedlin over Moore if you have to bring in a new RB. Hopefully Sargent is ok for Saturday but if he and Pulisic go out tehn you have to bring in Reyna and Jesus against the back 3 of Holland.

bosskeano

Going to be a tough Saturday though....My two favorite national teams, US and Netherlands, playing each other.

Pintu

You guys have the team to confront and KO almost anyone (including the Nethrlands). But most of that second half was Wales all over again... You can't keep doing that.

bosskeano

i think we can most certainly match the Oranje technically and even more so athletically....they play 352 so that will be a different test in terms of how GB sets them up tactically to press

We have a great chance of beating them

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
What's the deal with mckennie? Can only hold 60 minutes?

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Not so convinced about the USA after that second half but they did have another good half in them. They just don't look good in front of goal. I'd probably pick the Dutch to go through at this point.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Gregg planning on trying to win the World Cup strictly on pens after finishing every match 0-0. Goals are overrated.

spottieottiedopaliscious

Glad we got the win was stressful at the end. Second half was to defensive we allowed them to build the pressure. All three games we have played great in first half we just haven’t done it for 90 which we have to if we are to keep on advancing.

Tyler Adams has been outstanding and I think one of the better players in this entire tournament. Quickly becoming my favorite US player since Dempsey.

Gator Nate

we were too defensive, wright was crap. but happy to be through to the next round.
x100

We so totally controlled the first half, we should have "danced with what brung us" to that point. We let Iran back into that game when we should have been working on a second goal to put it away.

bosskeano

Our midfield is what has allowed us to go undefeated to this point....have to find a way to score

pulisic is injured and good chance he doesn't play Saturday..may have a busted rib....so i would put up three really mobile players b/c none will beat VVD in the air

i'd go aarsonson, reyna and weah/jesus...let them use their pace and 1v1 ability to give the Oranje issues defensively