Utd Kits 22/23

mu4c_20le

I actually don't mind the xmas sweater collar, but the badge will take some getting used to.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
That fecking shield is horrendous. We should put a white background on the badge again.

Pronewbie

Peep
Our marketing team either has no taste, or simply aren’t firm enough in saying no to mediocre designs. With our clout we should be able to demand much higher standards.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
What about if we put it in a shield? Any takers...
How on Earth did you know we'd not only put a shield around the badge, but you also nailed the exact shape and shitness of it.

choccy77

I blame Umbro. The sow on badges and shields have always looked horrendous.
Umbro made lovely kits.

I used to get hold of the actual player shirts back in the day, so much nicer and long sleeve ones too.

Sold them off to a collector in Asia for about £400 each around 2006

Spoony

The People's President
Umbro made lovely kits.

I used to get hold of the actual player shirts back in the day, so much nicer and long sleeve ones too.

Sold them off to a collector in Asia for about £400 each around 2006
I disliked them...because growing up they reminded me of City and Liverpool..but they're kits were too over the top.

choccy77

I disliked them...because growing up they reminded me of City and Liverpool..but they're kits were too over the top.
How exactly?

City were like playing 2nd division football and Liverpool were just a poor pop band trying to play football.

JB7

Adidas has really shafted us, thought we were in for some upgrades.
On this years kits? Would have been pretty difficult to top I'd have thought, probably our best set of kits for years.

I do agree though that generally this adidas era has been particularly underwhelming.

Spoony

The People's President
How exactly?

City were like playing 2nd division football and Liverpool were just a poor pop band trying to play football.

Because when I was a young'en they wore Umbro. City were up and down, not sure why that's relevent.

decorativeed

How exactly?

Both clubs wore Umbro branded kits in the 70s & 80s, before United did. It's a lot like how fans that grew up in the 90s associate adidas with Liverpool (being too young to remember us wearing adidas kit first) and have reacted badly to them making United's kits now.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I really don't like the shield outside the badge.

Edit: So, who's the first player to put their collar up ?

choccy77

Both clubs wore Umbro branded kits in the 70s & 80s, before United did. It's a lot like how fans that grew up in the 90s associate adidas with Liverpool (being too young to remember us wearing adidas kit first) and have reacted badly to them making United's kits now.
Yea, because United have never won a league with Adidas.

Umbro were a Manchester based company, so made sense for them to use historically.

In 77-79 period ... United wore Admiral who provided our best ever away shirt and had to change design as Adidas sued them for using 3 stripes

decorativeed

Yea, because United have never won a league with Adidas.

Umbro were a Manchester based company, so made sense for them to use historically.

In 77-79 period ... United wore Admiral who provided our best ever away shirt and had to change design as Adidas sued them for using 3 stripes
I know all of that, but for some people younger than myself, seeing United with the three stripes simply reminds them of Liverpool in the 90s - because they didn't grow up seeing us in adidas kits like we did. And for Spoony, he had similar feelings about United in Umbro (who I was a big fan of).

Last edited:

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
So, I've been interested in the new kit, scrolling through Twitter to find any more pictures of any leaked ones.

izec

I like it, better than anything they put out in the last couple of years. This year's was fine, but this one must be one of the best since adidas took over. The collar is great.

Last edited:

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
i like it. i get my nan to knit our kits for me every year. i have a feeling i won’t have kids beating the shit out of me for wearing this one as it will be undetectable to the untrained eye.

RoLo

So, I've been interested in the new kit, scrolling through Twitter to find any more pictures of any leaked ones.

It looks good in the pics with the smaller shield, hopefully they're the more accurate ones.