Utd Kits 22/23

crossy1686

career ending

sparx99

I hope we never, ever do this and I'm glad we appear to have resisted so far, given some of Adidas's other clubs have continued with the trend. The kits are supposed to be for a full season, it's bad enough that they change annually nowadays so the clubs should at least retain them for the full set of fixtures.
The Premier League should step in and insist kits have to be used for the full 38 games. There should be a clear break between seasons.

choccy77

I always find in amusing how people always come up with 1million times better designs on sports kits (all sports) than the actual professional designers for these companies.

They really must pay some really low salaries.

I know also, these companies like to use templates for multiple teams, to keep design costs down.

But most of the time, even a child as blind as Stevie Wonder could draw something better.

AaronRedDevil

I always find in amusing how people always come up with 1million times better designs on sports kits (all sports) than the actual professional designers for these companies.

I know also, these companies like to use templates for multiple teams, to keep design costs down.

But most of the time, even a child as blind as Stevie Wonder could draw something better.
Just don't know why they don't do something special for united kit. I bet they sell the most. Like the dragon Jersey they did from RM some years ago. That was beautiful.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss

Largely I think it’s down to them having to have a meaning or concept to the design like a rehash of an old kit, commemorating some this from a bygone era or representing a local area which leads them down certain paths where as fan designers tend to focus on the aesthetic and making a really good looking kit with no rubbish meaning to it. It’s kinda similar to my uni course which I found restricted my creativity because you had to stay within the boundaries of the brief. Frustrating!
It helps that they don’t have to work to the FIFA/FA/PL rules too. No sponsor placement issues or such.

RedDevil@84

This was probably the most blatant and laziest last minute design. Heads should have rolled in the design department

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Largely I think it’s down to them having to have a meaning or concept to the design like a rehash of an old kit, commemorating some this from a bygone era or representing a local area which leads them down certain paths where as fan designers tend to focus on the aesthetic and making a really good looking kit with no rubbish meaning to it. It’s kinda similar to my uni course which I found restricted my creativity because you had to stay within the boundaries of the brief. Frustrating!
It helps that they don’t have to work to the FIFA/FA/PL rules too. No sponsor placement issues or such.
Makes a lot of sense. It feels like they have one eye on marketing/branding and the kits come second to the whole thing.

suheilsworld

I think they are waiting for the signings to
Confirm and parade all our 5 new signings together - on the same day. One mega player and kit release

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
Are those bits stuck on part of the kit or just sticking it to the wall for the photo?

mu4c_20le

They all look horrible. What's with the recent trend of plastering your club name all over the shirt? Looks tacky as hell

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Collars and buttons on a football shirt are just a fecking abomination.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Don't care about football shirt designs that much and would never pay full price for one of them but those PUMA ones look like active sabotage to me.

Even watching games with clubs who use them is a bit jarring. Feels like a £1 Chinese market knock-offs.

sugar_kane

This was probably the most blatant and laziest last minute design. Heads should have rolled in the design department

Well on the bright side, at least none of ours will be in the top six worst kits this season.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
New photos of away kit on footy headlines. Clearest yet, it's a gem imo, 8/10. The collar is better than expected, not really diamonds and the stripes are red white and black.
Could of posted a link Frank, gonna have to Google it myself now :rolleyes: