Vaccinated Players

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
My country asks for a EU vaccination passport, a proof of having recovered from COVID or a negative PCR test from the last 48 hours for all public events, including football. No limits on the numbers. That also, of course, is a sign of discrimination for some. So some basically just don't want to get vaccinated, don't want to get tested and don't want to prove you're not dangerous for others. Some just want to feel special I guess. The same people are also often the first to disregard actual discrimination and downplay it as "PC gone too far".
True.

Foxbatt

The outrage at few footballers not being vaccinated yet everone was crying to bring the crowd back. Vaccinated or not, 50k plus crowds are surely spreading the virus more effectively than the players.
This i agree with you. They all should be fully vaccinated to even get into the stadium.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Heart problems, veins pain, utter sleepiness. Old man's the same as do plenty of my mates who took it. It's generally speaking shite and I do regret taking it greatly.
What vaccine? Sounds very odd as you and your friends seem to have more and more severe reactions than anywhere else in the known universe.

As others have said you are probably blaming long covid on the vaccine.

Last edited:

snk123

I’m not too familiar with US data but there have definitely been deaths in Europe attributed to the vaccines. I don’t think it’s helpful to ignore that there are very rare serious side effects, which are sometimes fatal. The key point is that the same is true of almost every vaccine/medicine you can think of and the mortality rate is many many times higher from covid itself.
There are plenty of deaths and adverse effects in so many people. Obviously not everyone is vocal about it either so I would assume plenty went under the radar - or their stories were censored by social media. The way people here have responded to @Tomuś and @buckooo1978 shows why people are reluctant to speak up.

Here is another who's career has finished because of the shot.

Why is it impossible to say that the vaccines are not a 100% safe at the moment? Why do people have to shame those (and especially those who have previously had covid) to take the jab? Why is there no/less option to get a Chinese vaccine (safest by far) in the west?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
There are plenty of deaths and adverse effects in so many people. Obviously not everyone is vocal about it either so I would assume plenty went under the radar - or their stories were censored by social media. The way people here have responded to @Tomuś and @buckooo1978 shows why people are reluctant to speak up.

Why is it impossible to say that the vaccines are not a 100% safe at the moment? Why do people have to shame those (and especially those who have previously had covid) to take the jab? Why is there no/less option to get a Chinese vaccine (safest by far) in the west?
Absolutely no evidence that the Chinese vaccine is “safest by far”.

I don’t think shaming is helpful but it’s obvious why people need to be encouraged to take the vaccine. The cyclist in the video could have had a very similar experience if he caught covid and a bad outcome from covid is many many multiples more likely than a bad outcome from a vaccine.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Theoretically (Not MRNA) and data wise as well, there are no or extremely few adverse effects reported after Sinopharm.
mRNA vaccines have been used primarily territories/regions that have much more advanced and transparent methods for collecting data on adverse events (overseen by EMEA and FDA) so stands to reason they will do better at identifying very rare side effects than sinopharm vaccine. That doesn’t make the mRNA vaccines less safe. If anything, it makes them more safe.

Foxbatt

Theoretically (Not MRNA) and data wise as well, there are no or extremely few adverse effects reported after Sinopharm.
It's interesting to note that UAE was heavily involved in the Sinopharm vaccine and now it's approved for children ages 3 and above.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Nobody says vaccines are 100% safe. Adverse reactions are real and continuously monitored by healthcare organisations. What we know, based on more than a billion doses just of Pfizer already used is that the number of severe adverse reactions is tiny compared to the number of vaccinated people. It's also tiny compared to the number killed of seriously injured by covid itself.

There is no incentive whatsoever for health authorities in the US, UK, Europe to get together and hide or lie about the data. There's even less incentive for individual hospitals to do the same.

We know that covid kills, even young men. We know that covid leaves some people struggling against ill health, sometimes for months, even young men. What we also know is that the risks associated with catching covid, even for young men, are higher than the risk associated with the vaccine.

The way people here have responded to @Tomuś and @buckooo1978 shows why people are reluctant to speak up.
I hope that buckoo doesn't feel attacked by anything said on here. He talked about a specific problem faced by his wife. She's going to need ongoing medical support to deal with the allergic response that the vaccine triggered. I hope she gets all the help and advice she needs. I completely understand why he feels hesitant about vaccinating his own kids, in case there's any possible hereditary element to the allergy.

As for Tomus, the description he gave sounds like a description of long covid. Apparently "plenty of his mates" suffered as well. As unfortunate coincidences go, that would be extraordinary. In fact so statistically extraordinary, compared to what has been seen following vaccinations elsewhere in the world, I'd have to wonder if his mates are just humouring him.

Lynty

Nobody says vaccines are 100% safe. Adverse reactions are real and continuously monitored by healthcare organisations. What we know, based on more than a billion doses just of Pfizer already used is that the number of severe adverse reactions is tiny compared to the number of vaccinated people. It's also tiny compared to the number killed of seriously injured by covid itself.

There is no incentive whatsoever for health authorities in the US, UK, Europe to get together and hide or lie about the data. There's even less incentive for individual hospitals to do the same.

We know that covid kills, even young men. We know that covid leaves some people struggling against ill health, sometimes for months, even young men. What we also know is that the risks associated with catching covid, even for young men, are higher than the risk associated with the vaccine.

I hope that buckoo doesn't feel attacked by anything said on here. He talked about a specific problem faced by his wife. She's going to need ongoing medical support to deal with the allergic response that the vaccine triggered. I hope she gets all the help and advice she needs. I completely understand why he feels hesitant about vaccinating his own kids, in case there's any possible hereditary element to the allergy.

As for Tomus, the description he gave sounds like a description of long covid. Apparently "plenty of his mates" suffered as well. As unfortunate coincidences go, that would be extraordinary. In fact so statistically extraordinary, compared to what has been seen following vaccinations elsewhere in the world, I'd have to wonder if his mates are just humouring him.
Great post.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

The logical part of my brain says one of tomuz’s mates got covid, it spread around the group and then it was passed onto his dad via himself. It’s not a reaction to the vaccine. It’s just unlucky

snk123

Ah yes, because the Chinese government is usually so transparent about these things
It has been used in many countries and the "technology" behind that is hundreds of years old unlike MRNA. The UAE has basically vaccinated almost every person and they have been very transparent on their data.

Also, I didn't know you were allowed to spread misinformation on certain vaccines only - so typical.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
It has been used in many countries and the "technology" behind that is hundreds of years old unlike MRNA. The UAE has basically vaccinated almost every person and they have been very transparent on their data.

Also, I didn't know you were allowed to spread misinformation on certain vaccines only - so typical.
It's misinformation to say that the Chinese government has a poor track record of transparency?

Also, why on earth are you bragging about old technology? We're already seeing that the mRNA vaccines seem to provide superior responses to the delta variant - it's almost like trusting vaccine researchers who have been proposing mRNA as a vector since the 1980s know what they're talking about!

arnie_ni

Heart problems, veins pain, utter sleepiness. Old man's the same as do plenty of my mates who took it. It's generally speaking shite and I do regret taking it greatly.
Sorry just jumping in here, but I've had heart issues since my second dose and even had to go for a full checkup with everything coming back clear in the bloods etc.

I've been fecking knackered at times as well but always found a justification.

I've just awoken from a 2 hour nap on my day off...

Care to tell me more, even PM?

arnie_ni

0le

Can this be a thing even if you haven't had covid, or I mean, didn't know you had covid?

I had none of the covid symptoms, loss taste smell or new cough etc but have developed multiple on that list since August.
Yes, I think so. I mean, I am not a medical professional but it stands to reason that symptoms manifest in people in different ways. I am pretty sure (news) articles I have read have stated that people can have the virus and not be aware they have had it although I do not have those articles immediately on hand to share.

I think it is worth getting checked out either way, but to keep an open mind that you may also have another problem altogether.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Sorry just jumping in here, but I've had heart issues since my second dose and even had to go for a full checkup with everything coming back clear in the bloods etc.

I've been fecking knackered at times as well but always found a justification.

I've just awoken from a 2 hour nap on my day off...

Care to tell me more, even PM?
Precisely mate. Like feeling the need to take a nap on your day off not long after sleeping 8 hours at night. Or just switching off at night uncosciously.

Heart can go skipping like crazy and I've been doing sports all my life. Healthy lifestyle etc. Veins pain especially in some places on the body, muscles can feel like on a massive hangover. First dose was decentish, the second has been absolute rubbish. Still play a bit and do weight-lifts but not nearly as much.

Blocked nose evethough it's 'clear' and general breathing problems like you can't take a full one.

Missus already said she doesn't get vaccinated seeing what it's done to me and I'm definitely not getting my little daughter take it.

I know there are people fine with it though so good for them.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Precisely mate. Like feeling the need to take a nap on your day off not long after sleeping 8 hours at night. Or just switching off at night uncosciously.

Heart can go skipping like crazy and I've been doing sports all my life. Healthy lifestyle etc. Veins pain especially in some places on the body, muscles can feel like on a massive hangover. First dose was decentish, the second has been absolute rubbish. Still play a bit and do weight-lifts but not nearly as much.

Blocked nose evethough it's 'clear' and general breathing problems like you can't take a full one.

Missus already said she doesn't get vaccinated seeing what it's done to me and I'm definitely not getting my little daughter take it.

I only felt strange for a couple of days, but it was a single dose, don't know if it's the same situation for you. Have you went to a Doctor to see what's going on with you?

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Quality control
I only felt strange for a couple of days, but it was a single dose, don't know if it's the same situation for you. Have you went to a Doctor to see what's going on with you?
'something something seasons changing, bla vaccines are great and the side effects don't exist, bla bla do more sport' (hahahaha)

As we speak, dad has just called me mum was taken to hospital with veins blockage and general heart pain. Nothing to do with the second dose she took recently obviously.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
'something something seasons changing, bla vaccines are great and the side effects don't exist, bla bla do more sport' (hahahaha)

As we speak, dad has just called me mum was taken to hospital with veins blockage and general heart pain. Nothing to do with the second dose she took recently obviously.
Was it Pfizer?

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018

No offence, Tomús. I hope the family are all OK. But the ever growing cast of family and friends that have been struck down by the deadly vaccine is getting a bit hard to keep track of. Let us know if anyone in your circle of acquaintance survives the jab.

snk123

It's misinformation to say that the Chinese government has a poor track record of transparency?

Also, why on earth are you bragging about old technology? We're already seeing that the mRNA vaccines seem to provide superior responses to the delta variant - it's almost like trusting vaccine researchers who have been proposing mRNA as a vector since the 1980s know what they're talking about!
Yes it is misinformation because you're implying that the vaccine is only used in China when it is being used in a lot of other countries as well.

mRNA is still new no matter how you twist it and it's side effects are not evident as of yet. Maybe because of you lot refusing to even listen and then aggressively attacking those people who say they have suffered a "vaccine injury"

It's almost like you people are living under a fecking cave and don't see that Denmark, Finland and Sweden have paused mRNA vaccines for under 30 at the moment.

snk123

No offence, Tomús. I hope the family are all OK. But the ever growing cast of family and friends that have been struck down by the deadly vaccine is getting a bit hard to keep track of. Let us know if anyone in your circle of acquaintance survives the jab.
Another disgusting remark. But hey, you only get banned when you start saying that the vaccines have side effects and healthy young people (especially those who have already had covid) should be able to choose whether to take mRNA vaccines or not.

Still ill

Another disgusting remark. But hey, you only get banned when you start saying that the vaccines have side effects and healthy young people (especially those who have already had covid) should be able to choose whether to take mRNA vaccines or not.
Please. Take a deep breath and get a bit of perspective.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
:lol:

snk123

Please. Take a deep breath and get a bit of perspective.
I am. He said his mum is in the hospital and you have reasons to suspect he's lying because it's happened to too many people he knows?

Still ill

I am. He said his mum is in the hospital and you have reasons to suspect he's lying because it's happened to too many people he knows?
Certainly not, i said I hoped they were all OK. I merely wondered aloud whether it's all to do with the vaccine. There was some attempt at humour there. I realise that is a capital offence in the modern age. I withdraw the remark forthwith before my head is erected on a pike to warn all those who enter this thread.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Yes it is misinformation because you're implying that the vaccine is only used in China when it is being used in a lot of other countries as well.

mRNA is still new no matter how you twist it and it's side effects are not evident as of yet. Maybe because of you lot refusing to even listen and then aggressively attacking those people who say they have suffered a "vaccine injury"

It's almost like you people are living under a fecking cave and don't see that Denmark, Finland and Sweden have paused mRNA vaccines for under 30 at the moment.
I did nothing of the sort - seems someone is a bit sensitive! It's of course completely reasonable to say that the Chinese government has issues with transparency because it's a simple statement of fact. How this is in any way controversial is beyond me, especially in a discussion about COVID.

Sure, mRNA is new. It's also been tested and tracked more extensively than literally any other vaccine in history. And like every other vaccine in history, there have yet to be documented cases of side effects manifesting at any point beyond 8 weeks post injection. This notion that "we don't know the long term effects" is simply nonsense.

Also, it's hilarious that you're citing those countries whilst also conveniently ignoring that they're swapping one mRNA vaccine for the other - they're pausing the use of Moderna and having young males take Pfizer instead. Because again, the long-term benefits of getting an mRNA vaccine outweigh the downsides.

TheLittleOne

“People have had enough of experts”
The voters have themselves to blame
These days everyone seems to be an expert anyway...Here in Switzerland I think the problem for most people is not their mistrust in science but in politicians and media.
This i agree with you. They all should be fully vaccinated to even get into the stadium.
I don't disagree but my point was more like as long as it's concidered a pandemic there should be no crowds. Even vaccinated these 73k surely are going to spread the virus more likely than a few unvaccined players. I took the shot, had no bad symptoms and I don't doubt it has much more positive effects than bad ones. If someone close to you reacted bad to it then of course you are going to have a different opinion, luckily I don't. But If we are ok with taking the risk of spreading the virus just for entertainment sake and watching the game live then we are not really in a position to point at individuals for not taking it. We don't really know what the personal reasons for these people are. Calling people covidiots and such is counter productive and only ends in more extreme views and separation.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.

You’re basically describing long covid. And you had covid. The breathing issues are text book and there is no biologically plausible explanation for a vaccine to be the cause of the shortness of breath you describe. Seems obvious what the problem is. You had covid and now you have long covid.

Also explains why so many close friends/family have similar issues. Seeing as covid (unlike vaccines) is contagious. Why are you blaming the vaccine for all these symptoms?

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster

Because there is a higher risk of your girlfriend dying from the pill than there is a massive adverse reaction to the vaccines. Ie, people look like fecking idiots when they try to justify not getting a jab compared to long term affects of long covid and the actual chance of a side affect.

sorry but you post screams of utter anti-vaxxer shit and it needs to be called out for what it is rather than people tip toeing around it.

ariveded

The un-vaccinated players get all their confidence from the huge medical team, resources and rapid amount of tests. It's abundance of money and expertise. Thus despite many Covid cases in football, there is no single case of a player deeply affected. All have recovered well?

That's obvious selfish behavior, and they also spread the virus which itself is unaccountable. The idea that these footballers are role models should be stopped.

snk123

sorry but you post screams of utter anti-vaxxer shit and it needs to be called out for what it is rather than people tip toeing around it.
I have been triple jabbed now (the last one because of the vaccine mandate in my area). But I fully endorse the viewpoint of those young people (and athletes and footballers) who refuse to get jabbed because they've previously had Covid or because they are afraid of myocarditis from mRNA.