Vaccination of Squad

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Antivax for me remains the greatest mystery why it's still exist in this day and age.
It has been proved successfully over decades with how it handles polio and chickenpox, and yet somehow there are people who thinks, "nahh not buying that".
The same way why people think there are hidden triangles in shows and music videos that silently puts illuminati message inside your head. Or the same way people think bigfoot exists but the footage of it always looks blurry and yet despite of it the footages were deemed to be "proofs" of its existence. Some people love that kind of stuff, when they are able to believe things that they think most people dont know about.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
My problem is the disruption it will cause in the middle of a busy period and a few players have to isolate themselves. We don't have the deepest squad compared to a Chelsea or City, this could just blow our season out of the water.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Antivax for me remains the greatest mystery why it's still exist in this day and age.
It has been proved successfully over decades with how it handles polio and chickenpox, and yet somehow there are people who thinks, "nahh not buying that".
Apparently, flat-earthers are on the increase too.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Genuinely curious, where have you seen the 2023 “trial period” revealed as a “bogus fact”?
Phase one, two and three trials completed during 2020 demonstrating safety and efficacy were shared, peer reviewed and independently verified by regulators. Any other “facts” are made up.

westmeath

My problem is the disruption it will cause in the middle of a busy period and a few players have to isolate themselves. We don't have the deepest squad compared to a Chelsea or City, this could just blow our season out of the water.
Yep, agree. Vaccination gives us the best chance to avoid this.

snk123

I bet Pogba is the anti vax leader :mad:
Considering Pogba had suffered from Covid - maybe he believes he has natural immunity and does not need a vaccine now?
Makes sense this way because we have so many who have been double jabbed still getting infected but so incredibly few re-infections.

Maybe the club should make if compulsory to only those who have not been infected to get a vaccine asap.

stevoc

Exactly! This is why I still have a corded phone. Don't trust these new fangled cordless phones, and don't get me started on cell phones. Mark of the beast I say!
When does the trial period for cordless phones end and when do they get FDA approval anyway?

I'm interested in getting one but I'm still not sure if they're safe.

Dan_F

Unfortunately the internet makes it much easier for antivaxer’s to either find the misinformation that confirms their view, or connect with others that share their view.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Astra in fact delivers DNA using adenovirus vectors, same as Sputnik. That DNA the translates to mRNA insider the cells. Moderna & Pfizer deliver mRNA directly using artificiall lipid spheres.
Fair enough. I remember arguing the toss with @Wibble about this. That is technically true for the AZ vaccine, even though it wouldn’t be categorised as a “DNA vaccine”.

It’s still a nonsense argument as viruses do to us exactly what the vaccine does all the time. Using this logic every time you get a common cold you should panic about your “genome being altered”. But you don’t. Because it isn’t.

Lj82

Not sure how the vaccination process in UK is staged out, but given the number of young players we have on our team, it is probably not too surprising that they haven't been prioritised for vaccination, and that their turn is only coming now?

Sparky Rhiwabon

I wonder if it’s some of the foreign players. I won’t name specific nationalities but it seems that round where I live it’s more the people from, say Eastern Europe, who are refusing to be vaccinated - they don’t trust the government - or wear masks etc.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Hardly from any reputable source. It's well documented that the vaccines haven't been granted regulatory approval, still being distributed under emergency access.

Given how things are currently, vaccinated people transmitting the virus contrary to previous hopes, I don't understand how you can demand of particular people to get vaccinated. If it was conclusive that getting vaccinated prevented you from transmitting the virus, it would be a different story, leaving aside the fact that the vaccines are still an unknown quantity with regards to standard research and trialling. For one thing, there will hardly be long-term studies with control groups.

And I'm not speaking as an anti-anything, other than wanting all the facts (not the rhetoric and the moralising) presented in transparency with honesty.

edit: given there was a rant-in-waiting there (@WI_Red) I will add that I took vaccination at the earliest opportunity. I still believe it's a risk, but the far lesser risk.
I’ve seen this argument used repeatedly on social media. It’s a complete straw man. I don’t know how anyone could have ever got the impression that the vaccines were 100% effective against preventing transmission. From day one we’ve known they weren’t 100% against symptomatic disease. This means it’s simply not possible to be 100% effective against catching and passing the virus on. You can’t have a symptomatic viral illness and not be infective. Where did you get the impression this was the expectation from being vaccinated? It’s such a strange notion.

What we do know is that they massively reduce your chance of being infected. Which, obviously, reduces your chance of a) getting very sick or dying and b) infecting other people. That’s why you should get vaccinated. That’s the bar that’s been set. Not a completely make believe one, where they give every single person injected a magic shield that is 100% effective.

westmeath

Not sure how the vaccination process in UK is staged out, but given the number of young players we have on our team, it is probably not too surprising that they haven't been prioritised for vaccination, and that their turn is only coming now?
Anyone in the UK who wants a vaccine can get one. It’s been that way for a month or two now.

Red71

Quality control
Just 3 examples of the data. There is tonne of data on this. Let's see if you respond to this.

There is an absolute shit ton of data which is contrary to what you are showing here but Rob Swanda and Aaron Carroll on Twitter must be right. I live on an Island with a very large uptake so we are seeing the effects on a community in real time. There is no need for people to run the data to try and demonstrate spurious and unconfirmed stats because I know full well how many that go to the hospital or test positive have had one shot, two shots or none.

My comment, which you then jumped on to try and have a fight, was that it “it doesn’t do exceptionally well at either” i.e. preventing hospitalisation or deaths. The fact seems to be that it hasn’t made much difference other than young people here who have previously been very healthy are now starting to get very odd, but severe, ailments…

Red71

What are you on about. Another gem by a Facebook expert?
What am I on about…? What are you on about? What is a Facebook gem? Is this still the Caf debating about whether footballers should have their free will to decide taken away from them or is this actual Facebook I’ve stumbled onto…which would be impressive because I don’t actually have a Facebook account…

Camilo

Quality control
As an antivaxxer I'm proud of the boys using their brains and resisting this nonsense. It'll be to our advantage, when all the other teams are suffering from vaccine induced long covid.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
What am I on about…? What are you on about? What is a Facebook gem? Is this still the Caf debating about whether footballers should have their free will to decide taken away from them or is this actual Facebook I’ve stumbled onto…which would be impressive because I don’t actually have a Facebook account…
Seriously though, what are you on about? A trial?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Imagine thinking you know more than hundreds of scientists with phDs and decades of experience. Seems to be a culture now where people are insecure and afraid to admit they don’t know things so they pretend they’ve ‘done their research’ in an effort to not look stupid.

I’m completely happy to follow every single bit of scientific advice for the rest of my life. They know more than me.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Guessing Lingard was not vaccinated, unless he was just incredibly unlucky

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Well any chance of Lingard being sold this summer just flew out the window, hopefully he's been vaccinated and the symptoms aren't too bad.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Well any chance of Lingard being sold this summer just flew out the window, hopefully he's been vaccinated and the symptoms aren't too bad.
He’ll likely be ok to be around others in 10 days. Still time to be sold.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
There is an absolute shit ton of data which is contrary to what you are showing here but Rob Swanda and Aaron Carroll on Twitter must be right. I live on an Island with a very large uptake so we are seeing the effects on a community in real time. There is no need for people to run the data to try and demonstrate spurious and unconfirmed stats because I know full well how many that go to the hospital or test positive have had one shot, two shots or none.

My comment, which you then jumped on to try and have a fight, was that it “it doesn’t do exceptionally well at either” i.e. preventing hospitalisation or deaths. The fact seems to be that it hasn’t made much difference other than young people here who have previously been very healthy are now starting to get very odd, but severe, ailments…
No. There isn’t. You’re lying. Stop lying.

Literally every country in the world that has vaccinated in large numbers is generating data similar to what is shown in those tweets. This isn’t a grey area. These are definitive facts. Vaccines work.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"sack em if they don't get vaccinated"

FFS some people live in the dark ages.

Vaccines are great but we also know the more people vaccinated the more it can force the virus into mutating into a variant that evades the vaccine - so when people say getting the vaccine will help end all this - it's not fully true.

Vaccines protect the person who has had it but when people claim getting vaccinated will save other peoples lives - this again isn't fully true because it doesn't stop transmission completely.

It's wrong to encourage people to get vaccinated by saying it will save other peoples lives and for me that's as bad as being an anti vaxxer.

Adults should make their own decisions, if they are stupid enough to think Covid is a hoax and crap like that after all this time - fine but I have absolutely no issue with people who look after themselves thinking they can beat Covid.

Imagine telling someone he's sacked if he doesn't get vaccinated, so he gets vaccinated and then dies of a blood clot, this is why I think it should be the persons choice, because people should make their own decisions and whether that turns out to be the right or wrong decision - it was their own decision.
Please take a moment to think about what you typed there. Why does a vaccine need to “stop transmission completely” to save other people’s lives?

I’ll use a football analogy, seeing as we’re on redcafe. A goalkeeper’s job is to stop goals. If a goalkeeper doesn’t stop EVERY goal does that mean there’s no point selecting a goalkeeper?

When you see a team conceding a goal, do you turn to your friend and say “see, I told you goalkeepers don’t save goals

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Please take a moment to think about what you typed there. Why does a vaccine need to “stop transmission completely” to save other people’s lives?

I’ll use a football analogy, seeing as we’re on redcafe. A goalkeeper’s job is to stop goals. If a goalkeeper doesn’t stop EVERY goal does that mean there’s no point selecting a goalkeeper?

When you see a team conceding a goal, do you turn to your friend and say “see, I told you goalkeepers don’t save goals
good luck and keep fighting the good fight. I tried last night.