Van der Sar classy letter

DeGea

Deserves its own thread. Can I love this man anymore than I already do? Still saving our arses many years down the line. Need to be our DoF at some point. No brainer. Intelligence and class.

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
I said it before in another thread that we actually have Van Der Saar to thank for this deal. He’s obviously endorsed us to Donny. Got slated for saying he’s one of the reasons Donny’s come to us.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
I enjoyed that, VDS seems like such a brilliant person. One of my favourites, I’d love to have a pint with him and listen to some stories.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Been wanting him as our DoF for 2 years now... please Edwin. Save us from this wolf of wallstreet who has no clue about football.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Been wanting him as our DoF for 2 years now... please Edwin. Save us from this wolf of wallstreet who has no clue about football.
Clearly inaccurate. That being said, VDS would be a great addition.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Wow. What a class act this is. He's a pride to both Ajax and Manchester United.

AFC NimbleThumb

That squad was full of players that actually had a genuine love for the club; we were blessed to have EVdS & hopefully DVdB can have similar successes.

crossy1686

career ending
He seems settled in his home country at the biggest team there also. He’s probably got no desire to be our DOF and the scrutiny that goes with it.

sp_107

Deserves its own thread. Can I love this man anymore than I already do? Still saving our arses many years down the line. Need to be our DoF at some point. No brainer. Intelligence and class.

Wow...That is called CLASS.
I really hope we see him at our club in some capacity and I will be happy if he becomes our DOF.

Wayne's World

Get that man in at United!

He'd be the best signing we would ever make in any transfer window to replace Woodward

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
That’s lovely, reminds me of some of the letters penned by Sir Alex, albeit SAF’s letters were usually personal and shared later rather than open.

Spark

He needs to be our CEO. DoF is so far beneath him now any talk of getting him in for that position is an insult to the man - he's CEO of Ajax for feck sake.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I said it before in another thread that we actually have Van Der Saar to thank for this deal. He’s obviously endorsed us to Donny. Got slated for saying he’s one of the reasons Donny’s come to us.
I saw an article saying we got him for 10m less than what Real Madrid we’re going to get him for. VDS and our relations with Ajax definitely worked well here

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He seems settled in his home country at the biggest team there also. He’s probably got no desire to be our DOF and the scrutiny that goes with it.
Yeah, I think so as well. Really happy for him when AJAX reached UCL semi final.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Vds helped us with Robin van Persie too. Classy bloke love him.

freeurmind

weak willed
Obviously this is what's important

stu_1992

Very classy move by Van Der Sar. He was a class act on the pitch, and off in his time as a player. It seems there is no change in that as the years have gone by. He's brought the same values to his current role.

arthurka

My girlfriend isn't really all that interested in Utd but likes football but she absolutely loves this guy and followed Utd when he was playing. I guess she is right more often than not. VdS is one hell of human.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Are there any other good prospects at Ajax we could look at? Such a seamless process especially with VdS at the helm over there!

red4ever 79

Respect to VDS. Always liked him. A true footballing man, running a football club. Who would have thought that would work out well right

EverReddy

I met him (and Marc Overmars) in the street in Stockholm's Old Town the day before the Europa final. Asked him if he had divided loyalties. he said "No, my loyalty is 100% Ajax" and smiled. I shook his hand. IRON grip. Classy guy.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Nothing can ever be as bad as the wankfest Dortmund and Liverpool had together over Klopp, so no worries there.
Oh I'm all for it in every case. There's nothing wrong with admiring another club and in our case the VdS connection makes this one particularly of note.

I've still found the deep-throating they've enjoyed on here of late pretty funny though.