Van der Sar classy letter

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Not really mate :lol:

I watched a couple of your highlights cos of van Persie returning home to your club so that’s pretty much all
Watching him play for us again was magical, but the time of us being a proper rival for Ajax are long gone.

Illyriann

Supports
LVGOUT
You can't buy class Van Der Star , Rio , Bechkam, Berbatov etc ex players who love United with passion. Can same be said about Rooney , Keane am not sure.

Revan

Assumptionman
Ajax are great, and it is awesome doing business with them. However, I never understood why they seem to always be okay on losing players.

McSauce FC

Ajax are great, and it is awesome doing business with them. However, I never understood why they seem to always be okay on losing players.
It’s simply the business model of Ajax and most other Dutch clubs. Selling players is the most important income, a club makes about 50% of their income on selling players. They just can’t compete with the wages big clubs offers.

Red Stone

Beautiful letter, and it reminds me of the reason I fell in love with the sport to begin with. It shows the mutual respect between two clubs that recognise that they are more than just businesses and/or playthings.

It feels good to buy players like Bruno and Donny who are shown respect and gratitude from their former club's players and fans when they leave. Says a lot about what kind of characters they are and the positive relationships they've built with their fans. It sure beats the kit burning and Judas shouts that sometimes follow transfers.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Look at that little logo at the bottom of the letter. Ajax are running a nice campaign to show they are the go to destination for the top young aspiring talent within the game. They haven’t taken out a full page ad out of the goodness of their hearts :lol:

Squeaky Bumtime

Such a classy act. You dont see that every day, letter for a departing player. Just one sentence on social media - we wish you luck - mostly.

Also he's such a legend and still a Red throughout. Well in Edwin, well in.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Im starting to feel guilty that we have signed him. It feels like we have taken a child away from his parents!

Yagami

Good post resistant
Even though he sold us an average player in Donny instead of one of their more talented players, I'll always love Edwin.

Mercurial

Classy!
What a nice letter!
Legend! Wish he worked for united in some capacity. Best ambassador you can have!

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
At least 4 people in this thread have said they’d like him as DoF.

Why the feck would he accept a job beneath him? If he comes to United again it’ll be as CEO

DeGea

At least 4 people in this thread have said they’d like him as DoF.

Why the feck would he accept a job beneath him? If he comes to United again it’ll be as CEO
Maybe because being the CEO of Ajax is slightly different from being CEO of United, arguably one of the largest football club/sporting brand in the world? (Forbes' list of most valuable clubs as of June 2020 does not put Ajax even in the top 20. We are third behind Barca and Real).

It's like saying just because someone was Chief Executive Officer of say, Pepsi, that they should perceive being Chief Operating Officer of Google as a step down. Just my humble opinion.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Maybe because being the CEO of Ajax is slightly different from being CEO of United, arguably one of the largest football club/sporting brand in the world? (Forbes' list of most valuable clubs as of June 2020 does not put Ajax even in the top 20. We are third behind Barca and Real).

It's like saying just because someone was Chief Executive Officer of say, Pepsi, that they should perceive being Chief Operating Officer of Google as a step down. Just my humble opinion.
It’s still a big step down and completely different job. When he retired he studied hard and rise through the business ranks at Ajax. No way is he gonna be DoF. But if he wants to bring overmars too for that role it would be great