Van der Vaart on Maguire "He's really sh*t"

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He is. I've questioned his ability 6 months after we signed him and saw replies like. He does Lindeloff's job which makes him exposed, He needs a better partner... And all that bs
The same defensive shit like Lukaku got when he was barely doing shit on the pitch when he wasn't scoring.
He’s not shit. Obviously. Currently one of the first names on the team-sheet (and a consistent top performer) at one of the strongest international teams in world football.

“He’s shit”

Only if you’re a wum or an idiot.

RUCK4444

This isn't the first time he shat on him. When England played Netherlands he absolutelly destroyed him. I know some in here want to support Maguire cause he's a Utd player but lets be real he's just not good enough.
He's not worth the money we spent but that's not his fault, he's also proven for large periods to be a reliable solid defender for us like for a large part of last season, then was in the team of the tournament at the euro's, so he's nowhere near as bad as some claim here.

That said, yes he's had a god awful season so far. Him and Shaw have been well off it since the Euro's and especially since rushing back from injury Harry has gone to bits. I still believe he's good enough to come good again.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
He’s not shit. Obviously. Currently one of the first names on the team-sheet (and a consistent top performer) at one of the strongest international teams in world football.

“He’s shit”

ok :lol:

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.

“He’s shit”

He is not shit obviously but England CB options arent that great. He is above average defender who went for insane money because we were desperate for CB

Eendracht maakt macht

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
PSV Eindhoven
He's underrated in The Netherlands. Overrated on here. At least he was until the last couple of weeks.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Van der Vaart is an irritating little twat.

(Just being honest and direct, like the Dutch).

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Dutch people are so incredibly direct and frank.
There's that, and then there's the fact that cursing isn't frowned upon as much in Dutch as in English - this sort of thing would never be beeped away and no-one would apologize. So this isn't as strong as it sounds to English ears.

Van der Vaart is obviously saying this for effect though, as a kind of joke in response to the host's build-up. And Van der Vaart is also a very poor pundit, so better not to care too much for whatever he says. :D

This really doesn't need another thread - there's already a Maguire pile-on going on literally six topics down, just stick the Twitter-bait clips from random pundits in there.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
He's not that far above average, I'm not sure he's better than the Irish national centre halves and they are average.
He’s alright but has he ever set the world alight that we should hold him in such high regard? He’s Shawcross level for me if I’m honest and when he’s bad he’s worse than Titus Bramble.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Slightly harsh to call him shit but definitely wouldn’t see him at any other elite team.

He can’t control how much he is sold for, worth half his fee but that says more about Ed’s negotiating ability more than anything else.

Suedesi

Funny that some will use this to add weight to the opinion that Maguire is a rubbish defender, when in reality what does this clown know about defending.

He clearly has some weird obsession with Maguire, strange guy.
Pundit gives unvarnished opinion on a player as part of his job. “Must have some weird obsession with Maguire”:houllier:

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
A bit classless, even Keano wouldn't just call someone shit. He'd find a better way to say it and then call you shit in private to your face.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
People in this thread are looking at this from a British perspective (which is fair since the video is on Sky) but I'm pretty sure one of the main Dutch pundits (van Basten maybe) said Donny was not a good player.

So don't take it do personally and Maguire is welcome to disprove this perception based on his performances in the past 6 months.

Suedesi

Cultural differences aside (stereotype: Dutch: direct, frank, in your face; Brits: contrived, stiff and going in circles ) van der Vaart is right.

Maguire has been a train wreck this season, and not good enough at not good enough at the highest levels previously (see his performances at last year’s final or semifinals)

I think Ralf Rangnick will not put up with his dithering on the ball, and his slowness of mind and action. I foresee a long time on the bench for lyin’ Harry.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Does this count as the ABU media? It's certainly worse than anything Souness ever said about Pogba.

Or is it only the ABU media when the hate is directed at a player who you've decided you like?
Souness questions Pogba character. VDV is questioning Maguire talent. Not sure comparison is correct.

JB7

? They reached the final of the Euros and the Semi-Final of the WC. That's pretty strong evidence to suggest they are.
This is the most anti-English forum of any English football club honestly, I wouldn't pay much attention.

Loon

:lol:
He has a thing about United. Possibly since Ferguson passed on him back in the day and he ended up at Spurs.

shaky

This is the most anti-English forum of any English football club honestly, I wouldn't pay much attention.
Being realistic about the relative strength of the England team is anti-English now?

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff

“He’s shit”

While I agree about England being a really strong side, the centre of their defence is their weak spot and Maguire won't be there when the lads just a bit younger have a tiny bit more experience. England's midfield gives him a huge amount of cover. On performances this year he has been one of the worst centre-halves in the division. His fee, the absurd captaincy and our potential red faces keep him in our first XI, and that bizarrely backs up his England spot. He is the worst big-money signing we've made, at least with the other flops they had shown brilliance before. Maguire was solid for Leceister, just solid, he never showed enough to make him a pivotal CB at a club like United, and his performances in a red shirt have proven that. In my opinion, he's one of the worst CBs to make over 100 appearances for United.