Van Gaal Needs To Get Cease and Desist & Posters need to read the article

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
I understand that he is a grumpy old man, who cannot get over being sacked and keeps being sour, but for feck's sake he cannot continue to bad-mouth United and discourage player after player from joining us. This is not the first time the old fart has pulled this shit. It doesn't always work and not everybody listens to him, but this is still wrong and at some point he needs to be told to knock it off. Especially given that he is not just a random mean dude, he is the manager of Dutch team and is borderline telling Dutch players that if they join United, he will hold that against them.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/man-utd-gakpo-vangaal-transfer-27893109

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Don't see much bitter about saying a transfer months before the world cup might not be the best move for a young player. Not like he said moving to us specifically was a problem. And he obviously absolutely doesn't have to knock it off given our best interests aren't his priority.

Some people here have a weird obsession with the idea that LVG is out to get us.

Kanu

Supports
Feyenoord & United
I pity the person with the task to tell Van Gaal that he needs to stop bad mouthing United :lol:

Who would even do that?

GoldanoGraham

Van Gaal just being selfish as he doesn’t want any of his players struggling at a new club in a new country - I can see where he is coming from but doesn’t show much faith in those players does it.

Your correct though - he is very bitter towards Utd.

Irwin99

He's looking out for his own national team's interest, nothing wrong with that. He didn't say it was bad to move to United-just not in a World Cup year.

Kanu

Supports
Feyenoord & United
Van Gaal just being selfish as he doesn’t want any of his players struggling at a new club in a new country - I can see where he is coming from but doesn’t show much faith in those players does it.

Your correct though - he is very bitter towards Utd.
This is pretty much it. He doesn't have faith in United and he's very bitter about the way he was sacked. I can't even blame him to be honest, but it is very annoying still.

BorisManUtd

Gakpo told PSV's official website: "I asked the national coach [Louis van Gaal] for advice. He thought I should follow my gut feeling, but also said that a transfer in a World Cup year would not really be ideal, also because of adjustment. I agreed with him."
Louis showed bitterness about getting sacked at United more than once but it's not the case in this situation I'd sasy.

Andersonson

OP is looking for something that isnt there. Why the obsession with Van Gal?

Cease and Desist borderline to far topic even.

NLunited

What’s wrong with giving players good advice? Look at what happened to Justin Kluivert and Brobbey (now back at Ajax).

A wrong move can make or break a career.

NewGlory

I pity the person with the task to tell Van Gaal that he needs to stop bad mouthing United :lol:

Who would even do that?
Lawyers, dude :) They don't mind

NewGlory

He's looking out for his own national team's interest, nothing wrong with that. He didn't say it was bad to move to United-just not in a World Cup year.
You do understand that is a whitewashed version of the story, right? How many players, of various national teams, moved during this summer transfer window? Was it a problem for ANY of them? How was it suddenly a problem only for Gakpo? :) It doesn't take a genius to know what Van Gaal is really saying, the whole "calling United shit without calling United shit" is very thinly-veiled attack.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I see nothing wrong in that. The obsession with LVG is something else here.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
What’s wrong with giving players good advice? Look at what happened to Justin Kluivert and Brobbey (now back at Ajax).

And in this case it isn't even about what's best for his career but rather what's best in the short term given the World Cup starts a couple of months from now.

If that World Cup is Gakpo's priority then LVG's advice is quite obviously correct. Undergoing the major upheaval of moving to a new country and adjusting to a new team with greater pressure and competition isn't ideal preparation. The fact that other players do it doesn't stop that from being true. If LVG is asked, that's what he should be telling a young player like Gakpo. Focus on the World Cup now, make your move afterwards.

Blackbeard

Supports
Bristol City
To be fair he was sacked a couple days after winning the FA cup. Which in days gone by would be a huge achievement and in recent times a comparable achievement. It’s understandable he may show some unconscious bias towards the club.

NLunited

And in this case it isn't even about what's best for his career but rather what's best in the short term given the World Cup starts a couple of months from now.

If that World Cup is Gakpo's priority then LVG's advice is quite obviously correct. Undergoing the major upheaval of moving to a new country and adjusting to a new team with greater pressure and competition isn't ideal preparation. The fact that other players do it doesn't stop that from being true. If LVG is asked, that's what he should be telling a young player like Gakpo. Focus on the World Cup now, make your move afterwards.
LvG is focused on the World Cup, so he will advise players accordingly.

acnumber9

He’s a cnut in general but not a lot wrong with that. He didn’t even say don’t sign for United.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
LVG's done nothing wrong. In fact, I wish the Brazilian FA would start giving players similar advice ahead of tournaments as well. So many times we've had a key player move the summer before the World Cup, only to fail to adjust to their new team, lose form, and cost the national team in the end.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
OP is looking for something that isnt there. Why the obsession with Van Gal?

Cease and Desist borderline to far topic even.
Classic case of "making a statement without reading the article". I hope others don't see the OP and think the same.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Our worst post Fergie manager 100%. Useless boring football with that ridiculous ego. Can’t stand him.

mu4c_20le

Neither are very good, they found out the hard way.

Ema_datsi

Glazers’ ownership of this club and the ass kisses that they employ have made United a joke in the football world; the club’s reputation is bottom of the barrel amongst executives and agents. Woodward’s arrogance and then capitulation on deals sums up United’s transfer business in the last 10 years. The treatment of Jose, RR and United’s latest dealings over Antony will come back to haunt this club. While Ajax might have made off with 100 mil Euros, the whole business of the player mutinying last minute damaged the relationship. More than anything it displays Jack-off Joel’s utter disregard for football - this p.o.s owes much of their family fortune to this club, but he treats it and football like a side hobby. In 17 years this moron hasn’t bothered learning the business or getting the right people to run it.

Unless the Glazers are ousted, and competent professionals are put in place to run this club, we will continue to run into issues every transfer window. So much of this business is cultivating contacts and mutual respect with other club executives and agents. Jack-off Joel, Murtough and Arnold are just a bunch of bumbling clowns that engender nothing but contempt. These jokers are viewed as marks meant to be rinsed for every penny - which sadly is the club’s money.

Last edited:

NewGlory

Classic case of "making a statement without reading the article". I hope others don't see the OP and think the same.
Well I did read the article, so thanks for judging before thinking.

Hoards of players have moved this summer, majority of them national team players, but it wasn't a problem for any of them. AND Van Gaal has advised players against joining United in the past when there was looming World Cup. How many other Dutch team players changed teams, but Van Gaal didn't say shit because they were not joining United?

But you go ahead and attack OP, why not - that's much easier.

NewGlory

Glazers’ ownership of this club and the ass kisses that they employ have made United a joke in the football world; the club’s reputation is bottom of the barrel amongst executives and agents. Woodward’s arrogance and then capitulation on deals sums up United’s transfer business in the last 10 years. The treatment of Jose, RR and United’s latest dealings over Antony will come back to haunt this club. While Ajax might have made off with 100 mil Euros, the whole business of the player mutinying last minute damaged the relationship.

Unless the Glazers are ousted, and competent professionals are put in place to run this club, we will continue to run into issues every transfer window. So much of this business is cultivating contacts and mutual respect with other club executives and agents. Jack-off Joel, Murtough and Arnold are just a bunch of bumbling clowns that engender nothing but contempt. These jokers are viewed as marks meant to be rinsed for every penny - which sadly is the club’s money.
All good points, but Glazers f..ed over Mourinho just as bad as they did Van Gaal. I would actually argue they undermined Mourinho worse, because they simply wouldn't buy Mourinho the players he needed, whereas Van Gaal simply picked bad players and tried to play football "philosophy" that neither players nor fans got, resulting in his sacking. And yet you don't see Mourinho pulling the kind of tricks and constantly throwing shit at United, the way Van Gaal does.

Ema_datsi

All good points, but Glazers f..ed over Mourinho just as bad as they did Van Gaal. I would actually argue they undermined Mourinho worse, because they simply wouldn't buy Mourinho the players he needed, whereas Van Gaal simply picked bad players and tried to play football "philosophy" that neither players nor fans got, resulting in his sacking. And yet you don't see Mourinho pulling the kind of tricks and constantly throwing shit at United, the way Van Gaal does.
Van Gaal is more open with it. Jose has many contacts and you can bet he’s not giving glowing appraisals about this club. And let’s not forget his diatribe on “footballing heritage” and while United had a good one, it’s been replace by the Glazer’s sh*t heritage that every1 knows about. Even players like Zlatan are openly slating this club’s smallness and close-mindedness. Moreover, the way that they f**ked Jose over is a blatant example to many prospective managers on how these Glazer scumbags treat managers. It’s only because they nearly sh*t themselves out of fear in the last few weeks, that’s ETH got some good signings in. If these clowns are here next year, we will be back in for Rabiot and Anatovic.

Charles Miller

Old man is fighting a serious health condition and keeps doing his job. I think desisting isn't in his dictionary.

NewGlory

Van Gaal is more open with it. Jose has many contacts and you can bet he’s not giving glowing appraisals about this club. And let’s not forget his diatribe on “footballing heritage” and while United had a good one, it’s been replace by the Glazer’s sh*t heritage that every1 knows about. Even players like Zlatan are openly slating this club’s smallness and close-mindedness. Moreover, the way that they f**ked Jose over is a blatant example to many prospective managers on how these Glazer scumbags treat managers. It’s only because they nearly sh*t themselves out of fear in the last few weeks, that’s ETH got some good signings in. If these clowns are here next year, we will be back in for Rabiot and Anatovic.
True. We owe Sir Jim Ratcliffe huge gratitude for putting fear into them, or EtH would have been seriously f..ed.

Ema_datsi

True. We owe Sir Jim Ratcliffe huge gratitude for putting fear into them, or EtH would have been seriously f..ed.
I fear what January and next year will look like if these parasites are still here. Dick Arnold already said that next year’s budget would be smaller, but maybe he was lying about that too and the Glazers will go whole hog and back ETH to the hilt.

Tarrou

I think it's really good advice from Van Gaal

doubt we were ever really interested if we got Antony, funds just weren't there

I don't think he's good enough for what we need either, but lets see how he does after his next move

Ted Lasso

Another case of finding someone to blame besides the Glazers.

We didn't sign Gakpo because of the Antony fee. The Glazers very nearly pulled the plug on that too but for ETHs persistence and certainly having to then not pursue Gakpo as well.

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
but this is still wrong and at some point he needs to be told to knock it off.
Why is it objectively ‘wrong’? It’s an opinion which is based on both subjective and objective factors. That’d be like the US Fed sending me a legal letter for telling people that inflation will likely cause a recession and stock market crash.
dude, he is the manager of Dutch team and is borderline telling Dutch players that if they join United, he will hold that against them.
Even if he says that directly, he doesn’t work for United. This is something for the Dutch federation to think about. If anything the Dutch federation would be delighted to have a talented player stay back.

Varun

Staff
Read the actual article ffs, LVG doesn't say anything like the OP claims

FatTails

Nothing wrong with what he says here.

OP, what else are you seeing? Cops following you? Ninjas trying to break in?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
People should read article and film interview, this has nothing to do with Van Gaal role and ManUtd transfer. Gakpo thought he will sign for ManUtd but club didn't try to sign him, other club tried but he wasn't convinced with last min change of plan.

Gakpo added: "It was also a bit last-minute. Last week I thought I would go to Manchester and then you may have to choose another club in a week. That's not nice for me and PSV, it feels a bit rushed. Ultimately, the choice fell on PSV."