Van Gaal

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
@Kaglish10

Your amazing mate. Keep going. Alot of us would enjoy talking about these things if we hadn't already done before - only to be stopped by these guys who are just as strong 'anti-fans' of LVG as we are respecters and fans of him.

I wish we could have a thread where we could talk positives of LVG amongst ourselves - but in this world we don't always get what we want.
You can always have private conversation. It's not really hard, if you want uninterrupted thread to praise Van Gaal.

Roboc7

@Kaglish10

Your amazing mate. Keep going. Alot of us would enjoy talking about these things if we hadn't already done before - only to be stopped by these guys who are just as strong 'anti-fans' of LVG as we are respecters and fans of him.

I wish we could have a thread where we could talk positives of LVG amongst ourselves - but in this world we don't always get what we want.
Essentially a fan fiction thread.

You used up all your material under your old username, Kinderbueno or something similar I believe.

Aloysius's Back 3

You used up all your material under your old username, Kinderbueno or something similar I believe.
Fact or fiction remains merely in the eyes of the beholder. What is fact to one is likely fiction to others.

Sylar

Kroos was in the world cup remember? He was signed by Madrid after the world cup whereas Shaw and Herrera were signed before/during the world cup. It's quite lame to think Van Gaal could have done anything to stop such signings while he was busy thinking of his Dutch team. It's ridiculous to have thought he would entertain the thought of another team while he was with the Dutch team at the world cup.
Yeah, its not like its just one short phone call to say, these three players have agreed. Do you want to sign them?
Oh wait:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...ster-United-sign-Luke-Shaw-Ander-Herrera.html

Louis van Gaal has insisted Luke Shaw and Ander Herrera were on his radar before Manchester United signed them - and said he gave his approval for both deals to be completed.
In his first United press conference on Thursday afternoon, Van Gaal said: 'Shaw and Herrera were already on the list. I gave my approval because I like them.
Poor LVG having these players thrust on him and not having any way to stop it from happening :(
So your scenario is that the board agree deals with Herrera, Shaw and Kroos. But then Kroos was away at world cup and thus the board fcked it up and Kroos instead went to Madrid and LVG was disappointed as the board thrusted two players onto LVG.

Or the more likely scenario is that the board agree three signings whilst Moyes was there, Moyes then went/sacked and then LVG was given the list, and he agreed two of the three whilst he vetoes Kroos:

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ster-united-interest-toni-kroos-bayern-munich

Louis van Gaal has ended Manchester United’s interest in Toni Kroos, in what represents the new manager’s first major decision regarding the rebuilding of his squad this summer.
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...s-cristiano-ronaldo-gareth-bale-a7493191.html

Toni Kroos was agreed to come in the summer. I had agreed it with Toni himself and his agent.”
So basically its either whats been reported, and what numerous people have said here / hasnt been denied by anybody.
OR
Its your made up scenario which makes LVG come off in a better light. Hmm, I wonder which one it is?

Maybe I need to type: COLD FACTS. Maybe that underlines it better ;)

No one said the bad signings were the players' fault but the fact that majority of them were punts taken and such punts are always either a miss or hit. Majority of Di Maria's money was already recouped after he was sold to PSG as quick as he came in.
Right, so how many of LVGs were hits and how many were misses?

It's you who should get your fact right and stop coming up with a lie.
Ironic.

Your God, Mourinho couldn't win a spoon with the same squad without having to reinforce it with his big money signings and had to bench the kids to accommodate his adult players yet with all the big money signings he made, what did he win? Carling cup and Europa cup while parking a large bus against a kiddo team such as Ajax.
You know things are bad, when you need to defend LVG by bringing another manger into it. And calling Jose, 'my god'. :lol: Jose was a failure just like LVG. They were both expensive failures that were not suited for United. But the funny thing is Jose won more in his first season than LVG.
And finished higher in his second season than LVG did in his second season.
If we compare the two seasons directly, Jose got us CL football twice and two trophies, with dull football.
LVG got us CL once, and one trophy with dull and boring football.

You making up scenarios and passing them off facts to defend LVG is just too funny. :lol:

Sylar

Timelines are way off. If not Van Gaal, maybe someone else would have promoted considering how talented these players were.
No, no, youre doing it wrong. Look at his what his post is referring to and the foundations. Its because of LVG that Barca dominated, Bayern won the treble and thus Spain dominated and thus Germany won the world cup. What a man.

el3mel

Haha perfect summarization of this thread.

His fans are inventing things out of their mind and forcing us to believe it actually happened as if we weren't following United in his era.

Sylar

Haha perfect summarization of this thread.

His fans are inventing things out of their mind and forcing us to believe it actually happened as if we weren't following United in his era.
This thread is perfect fan-fiction. LVG is the reason Barca dominated, Bayern dominated, is the reason youth get promoted, is the reason Spain and then Germany were so good at international football.

Just a shame the board, other players, his players, and his signings were letting him down cos hes clearly not at fault.

el3mel

This thread is perfect fan-fiction. LVG is the reason Barca dominated, Bayern dominated, is the reason youth get promoted, is the reason Spain and then Germany were so good at international football.

Just a shame the board, other players, his players, and his signings were letting him down cos hes clearly not at fault.
They are talking to us as if we are newbies to football and started watching the sport recently so they can invent things and tell us they happened. Sorry folks, we aren't some random people on Twitter you can invent things out of your mind and convince them they are true.

Aloysius's Back 3

All these fans who thought Jose was a great manager to go after LVG have the balls to say this is a fan fiction thread :lol:

All us LVG fans are doing is gladly smiling at the fact that post Jose we look less of a club than before :drool:

Love it. A fan fiction it is in both ways - one makes mistakes and then pretends like it never happened or never supported it :lol:

Love LVG & it's funny how that gets people so agitated on a LVG thread :lol: they just can't leave us be and need to tell us how we were wrong without ever coming to the fact that their post operation of United after LVG was disastrous. ;)

Some fans are ultimately just Woodward version - going from LVG to Jose was a non footballing decision & some fans still think it was a good decision.

Last edited:

Emrethis

LVG was awful. Like really really bad. But at least I felt like we were working towards something. Our team was solid defensively and we dominated games quite often, even though we didn't create any chances. Considering how the last 2 years have gone, it would be interesting (and I use this word extremely loosely) to see how his team would look like now.

roonster09

Scout
Not enjoying it as such - but when people like to bark at us for being blind - we happily turn around once in a whilst to tell you we told you so :drool:
Told what? That Van Gaal took theatre of dreams literally and put fans to sleep?

Wish these manager/player fans feck off.

Roboc7

Fact or fiction remains merely in the eyes of the beholder. What is fact to one is likely fiction to others.
In my version of 2016/17 with one more year of LVG, Rooney the Captain has morphed into Xavi reincarnate and become our midfield dynamo. Ashley ‘total football’ Young is a sight to behold switching effortlessly between RB and striker. Gegenpress and Tiki-Taka are confined to history it’s now all about passing the ball sideways in the centre of the pitch and now all our fans get it and Old Trafford is buzzing. The foundations for Premier Leaguse, Champions Leagues and World Cups we’re laid without people even knowing.

Back to reality, LVG spent fortunes and left behind a mess, a squad that needed and overhaul and a complete reset by his successor. Exact same thing can be said about Jose. Through a combination of their poor choices, lack of suitability for the job and being let down by the players and the club they were both expensive failures.

roonster09

Scout
No, no, youre doing it wrong. Look at his what his post is referring to and the foundations. Its because of LVG that Barca dominated, Bayern won the treble and thus Spain dominated and thus Germany won the world cup. What a man.
I'm sure Van Gaal is the reason why Ajax are in semi finals for CL and France winning WC.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Back to reality, LVG spent fortunes and left behind a mess, a squad that needed and overhaul and a complete reset by his successor. Exact same thing can be said about Jose. Through a combination of their poor choices, lack of suitability for the job and being let down by the players and the club they were both expensive failures.
I can foresee that in 2 years you can substitute LVG or Jose with Ole.

Aloysius's Back 3

In my version of 2016/17 with one more year of LVG, Rooney the Captain has morphed into Xavi reincarnate and become our midfield dynamo. Ashley ‘total football’ Young is a sight to behold switching effortlessly between RB and striker. Gegenpress and Tiki-Taka are confined to history it’s now all about passing the ball sideways in the centre of the pitch and now all our fans get it and Old Trafford is buzzing. The foundations for Premier Leaguse, Champions Leagues and World Cups we’re laid without people even knowing.

Absolutely love it.

I loved watching the end of that second season with wingbacks like TFM, Varela and CBj. We now have Young there because even without giving them a chance Jose chucked them out :lol:

Jose In these fans said :lol:

Roboc7

Absolutely love it.

I loved watching the end of that second season with wingbacks like TFM, Varela and CBj. We now have Young there because even without giving them a chance Jose chucked them out :lol:

Jose In these fans said :lol:
Season actually ended with Rojo at LB and Valencia and RB. TFM, Varela and CBJ all ended it where they began, not even on the bench. LVG bottled giving these guys their chance by ditching them for the same no hopers who Jose stuck with and who Ole may even stick with as well.

LVG seemed Zaha, Keane not good enough and promoted Blackett ahead of everyone else. They were both guilty of bad decisions.

Last edited:

Aloysius's Back 3

Season actually ended with Rojo at LB and Valencia and RB. TFM, Varela and CBJ all ended it where they began, not even on the bench. LVG bottled giving these guys their chance by ditching them for the same no hopers who Jose stuck with and who Ole may even stick with as well.

LVG seemed Zaha, Keane not good enough and promoted Blackett ahead of everyone else. They were both guilty of bad decisions.
What are you talking about the last game we played had CBj as our LB?

I'm not going to talk about Keane but Zaha clearly didn't settle in at United under different managers and looked much like Moyes - a rabbit in headlights. Everyone knew he was capable of good quality football& that's why we bought him - but we bought him to early and was a player in massive confidence issues. Keane is someone we could use but hardly a player we need to be crying over either because Blind was and is better.

Sylar

Its funny isnt it? LVG pretty much dumped some of these youngsters out himself. Did Varela even play again after the Liverpool second leg Europa match? TFM had 10 appearances under LVG second season and 11 under Jose first season. (whether it was injuries or whatever, however I do wish he was kept around).
He brought in Mcnair, love, blackett, etc but pretty much dumped them out once players started to recover.

Aloysius's Back 3

Its funny isnt it? LVG pretty much dumped some of these youngsters out himself. Did Varela even play again after the Liverpool second leg Europa match? TFM had 10 appearances under LVG second season and 11 under Jose first season. (whether it was injuries or whatever, however I do wish he was kept around).
He brought in Mcnair, love, blackett, etc but pretty much dumped them out once players started to recover.
:houllier:

He played CBj in the last game and had these players in the subs the games before that atleast.

He was at United for 2 years so gave players a chance almost on a treadmill like basis due to his short squad numbers rule. Some players did well when given the chance - some failed to impress. Out went McNair & Blackett. A player like CBj didn't have a single bad game for us and was impressing every game - only to be stopped soon as Jose came.

The love for Jose and his tactics and his mind is strong in these people. Again Woodward made mistakes but people never seem to remember them supporting Woodward to make those changes themselves :confused:

Roboc7

What are you talking about the last game we played had CBj as our LB?

I'm not going to talk about Keane but Zaha clearly didn't settle in at United under different managers and looked much like Moyes - a rabbit in headlights. Everyone knew he was capable of good quality football& that's why we bought him - but we bought him to early and was a player in massive confidence issues. Keane is someone we could use but hardly a player we need to be crying over either because Blind was and is better.
Check the last LVG team before he was sacked and you will see none made the bench.

Fair enough we had better players, Zaha didn’t fit in. So should Jose be criticised for letting go a player who has struggled at Leeds and Wolves or one who has struggled at Palace and Fulham?. Has Varela been a success elsewhere?. It’s an odd logic you apply.

Paul_Scholes18

I'm sure Van Gaal is the reason why Ajax are in semi finals for CL and France winning WC.
He did build the new foundations at Ajax in Blind. He has been the key piece in that Ajax team. Without him they would have been out in the group stage.

Paul_Scholes18

Told what? That Van Gaal took theatre of dreams literally and put fans to sleep?

Wish these manager/player fans feck off.
This is the problem with LVGs fans. They keep watching our old games under LVG and falls to sleep. Then they start getting dreams about LVG and his footbal which doesn't make any sense.

Roboc7

Yeah it seems strange he dumped them as quickly as they were called up but that’s what they were there for to fill gaps. Felt sorry for CBJ as don’t remember him putting foot wrong but his career has gone downhill ever since.

Rista

So was LvG a success or not? It's all rather confusing.....
He was a success alright. At making people believe he was a football genius who needed a very specific set of players to perform. A genius who knew how he wanted to play even though he tinkered a lot and his signing were shite. But nothing was his fault, it was all Woodward, the players, the weather, the stars, Mourinho, Jesus, but never LVG. Not confusing at all.

Sylar

:houllier:

He played CBj in the last game and had these players in the subs the games before that atleast.

He was at United for 2 years so gave players a chance almost on a treadmill like basis due to his short squad numbers rule. Some players did well when given the chance - some failed to impress. Out went McNair & Blackett. A player like CBj didn't have a single bad game for us and was impressing every game - only to be stopped soon as Jose came.

The love for Jose and his tactics and his mind is strong in these people. Again Woodward made mistakes but people never seem to remember them supporting Woodward to make those changes themselves :confused:
Disliking LVG does not equate to Jose as much as you and other LVG lovers proclaim.
Both were failures.
Yeah it seems strange he dumped them as quickly as they were called up but that’s what they were there for to fill gaps. Felt sorry for CBJ as don’t remember him putting foot wrong but his career has gone downhill ever since.
Dont mind that and I would in a way prefer that to now. But it should be extended where if the youth perform well, keep them in and give them a good run. One mistake shouldnt see them replaced automatically, cos how can they bounce back, and pretty much 'the experienced players' were letting us down more so.

Kostur

海尔的老板
All these fans who thought Jose was a great manager to go after LVG have the balls to say this is a fan fiction thread :lol:

All us LVG fans are doing is gladly smiling at the fact that post Jose we look less of a club than before :drool:

Love it. A fan fiction it is in both ways - one makes mistakes and then pretends like it never happened or never supported it :lol:

Love LVG & it's funny how that gets people so agitated on a LVG thread :lol: they just can't leave us be and need to tell us how we were wrong without ever coming to the fact that their post operation of United after LVG was disastrous. ;)

Some fans are ultimately just Woodward version - going from LVG to Jose was a non footballing decision & some fans still think it was a good decision.
:lol:

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Lvg laid the foundations for Ajax success by planting his seed in the bellies of the mothers of current players

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
He was a success alright. At making people believe he was a football genius who needed a very specific set of players to perform. A genius who knew how he wanted to play even though he tinkered a lot and his signing were shite. But nothing was his fault, it was all Woodward, the players, the weather, the stars, Mourinho, Jesus, but never LVG. Not confusing at all.
Thanks for your feedback, it's currently:

Success 100%
Not Success 0%

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Jose was bad. But seriously you’d need to be mental to think LVG was better. He literally turned me off football for a year

Roboc7

That’s the name I was trying to remember! Defo him
Yeah a few pages back someone called him out (might have been yourself) on fact he stated he’d been educating us on LVG for years despite only being a member since 2018 and jogged my memory. He was either called that or Home&Away, can’t remember which.

Posts are same subject matter, same tone and even the same over use of emojis if memory serves me correctly.

Last edited:

Roboc7

Disliking LVG does not equate to Jose as much as you and other LVG lovers proclaim.
Both were failures.

Dont mind that and I would in a way prefer that to now. But it should be extended where if the youth perform well, keep them in and give them a good run. One mistake shouldnt see them replaced automatically, cos how can they bounce back, and pretty much 'the experienced players' were letting us down more so.
Yeah I agree nothing wrong with it but then if they step up back them and make other players work their way back in (especially when it’s Darmian and Rojo).

Roboc7

Lvg laid the foundations for Ajax success by planting his seed in the bellies of the mothers of current players
In a cruel twist of fate he even laid the foundations for his own sacking by retaining Jose as assistant manager at Barca and furthering his career.