Vanderson

GL21

Dalot is not an 'offensive right back at all’. That was just a label he had earned a while back by virtue of him being terrible defensively at the time. In reality, Wan Bissaka is also better than him going forward.
totally agree with this and I'm baffled by the generalising of AWB and Dalot. I see a place for AWB but feel strongly against Dalot

jesperjaap

Dalot is not an 'offensive right back’ at all. That was just a label he had earned a while back by virtue of him being terrible defensively at the time. In reality, Wan Bissaka is also better than him going forward.

Always been my sentiment, was just labelling him that from the general concensus. That was why always wanted him replaced over Bissaka. NOt that I am claiming he is good going forward but always thought Bissaka wasnt as bad as people said going forward, certainly no worse than Dalot and it was therefore an attacking full back we should have been after to replace Dalot.

Still feel that way but a new cb, second striker and maybe even a right winger if things pan out badly may be more important in the short term now than spending £40-50m on Vanderson even though I like him from what I have seen, always thought Livaramento was the best option despite not a huge amount of game time at SOuthampton until the injury

croadyman

My ultimate RB signing!

He has insane close skills and pace. Could be used as RB, RWB and I would wager be more productive at RW than any of our other forwards.

please make this happen Murtough et al!
Well he's saying the right things but how actually interested would we be. Feels like Erik's top RB target is Frimpong but could be wrong

Pav1878

Well he's saying the right things but how actually interested would we be. Feels like Erik's top RB target is Frimpong but could be wrong
Frimpong is also very good and dynamic, so wouldn’t be a bad option. I just feel Vanderson has a higher ceiling. Maybe not Cafu levels but could go on to be a very high performer for his next team.
Let’s hope the rumours are true