Varchester City 18/19 discussion

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Hope tonight doesn't affect them for the rest of the season. They must stop Liverpool.
Hopefully Spurs will now be knackered for Saturday and with small squad will be hard to rotate. City should be super motivated by going out of CL like that, and can bring in an almost entirely fresh team from their massive squad.

City and the champions League doesn't mix. It was entirely predictable they would win by one goal yesterday and go out.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Hopefully Spurs will now be knackered for Saturday and with small squad will be hard to rotate. City should be super motivated by going out of CL like that, and can bring in an almost entirely fresh team from their massive squad.

City and the champions League doesn't mix. It was entirely predictable they would win by one goal yesterday and go out.
Did you put money on it?

Josh 76

That's the way I was thinking

Djemba-Djemba

They'll struggle to ever have a better chance to win the Quadruple.

Their cup draws this season across all 3 competitions have been absurd, it feels like every round they've got the easiest possible draw every single time.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
We are laughing but are 20 points behind them in the league they trashed us at the Etihad earlier and they will come and break us at home next Wednesday.

Happy to laugh when they are shit but we are unable to put the same kind of performance they did yesterday.

We dont have a single player matching De Bruyne s quality or Silva s let alone Aguero scoring rate or Sterling s form.

We rd sh*t and should not be laughing to much when they will score 3 or 4 nest week at Old Trafford

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Did you put money on it?
I predicted in the CL thread yesterday morning, see history , 2 1 or 3 2 though didn't see 4 3 coming. Not much of a gambling man.

I don't think the CL motivates City.

Djemba-Djemba

We are laughing but are 20 points behind them in the league they trashed us at the Etihad earlier and they will come and break us at home next Wednesday.

Happy to laugh when they are shit but we are unable to put the same kind of performance they did yesterday.

We dont have a single player matching De Bruyne s quality or Silva s let alone Aguero scoring rate or Sterling s form.

We rd sh*t and should not be laughing to much when they will score 3 or 4 nest week at Old Trafford
:rolleyes:

Jesus Christ man, cheer up.

Our Local rivals just got knocked out of the competition that they are clearly utterly desperate to win. And in hilarious circumstances with the VAR goal and all that.

If you can't laugh and enjoy that then what's the point.

Josh 76

Our Local rivals just got knocked out of the competition that they are clearly utterly desperate to win. And in hilarious circumstances with the VAR goal and all that.

:lol:

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
Can t really be happy for them to lose when they will always be better than us in every points.

It s been 6 years we are in shambles and struggling to finish 5th or 4th.

I m sorry but knowing that them or Pool will win the league or even Pool winning the CL or worse the double really makes me feel bad.

Djemba-Djemba

Can t really be happy for them to lose when they will always be better than us in every points.

I m sorry but knowing that them or Pool will win the league or even Pool winning the CL or worse the double really makes me feel bad.
Aw man, you're a barrel of laughs aren't you.

tomaldinho1

I predicted in the CL thread yesterday morning, see history , 2 1 or 3 2 though didn't see 4 3 coming. Not much of a gambling man.

Yh you could see how little they cared last night

Varun

Staff

:lol:

Yeah, it was obvious from the reactions how little they care.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Just imagine if City don't win the league...

I've said it before but if you were a City fan it would drive you mental that Liverpool are ahead of you such is the clear and obvious gulf between City and the rest of the league and now that they're been dumped out of Europe in the way they have if they end what's been another stellar season with just a League Cup and FA Cup to show for it... Would they be the best side in PL history not to win the league?

It would also represent 1 title in 3 seasons for Pep...

Classical Mechanic

1 title, 2 League Cups and possibly 1 FA Cup in 3 seasons. It's not a bad haul but for a team like City I'd expect more.
It would be a major major flop for Pep.

His CL performances already are a major flop. The whole City project has been building up to appointing Pep and achieving domination domestically and in Europe. This year City had this route to the CL final

Shaktar
Lyon
Hoffenheim
Shalke
Tottenham
Ajax

Oh dear.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

I've said it before but if you were a City fan it would drive you mental that Liverpool are ahead of you such is the clear and obvious gulf between City and the rest of the league and now that they're been dumped out of Europe in the way they have if they end what's been another stellar season with just a League Cup and FA Cup to show for it... Would they be the best side in PL history not to win the league?

City have looked utterly dominant in the league apart from that frankly odd period where they lost 3 on the spin. I fully expect them to win their 5 remaining games and the title in the process.

In answer to your question, yeah, I think they would be the best side not to win the league.

Mike Smalling

Definitely. A legitimate argument could be made, that City have the greatest squad ever assembled in the Premier League. Just look at their bench yesterday. Sane, Fernandinho, Jesus, Mahrez, Stones, etc. They would walk into our current starting eleven. I am still hoping they will beat Liverpool to the title, but it would also be kind of hilarious if that squad only wins a couple of domestic cups.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Just like PSG being called by some idiots one of the favorites every year. The CL requires something else that is hard to put into words
All these oil money clubs find it hard to win the UCL dont they, even Chelsea failed to do it when they were at their absolute peak and only won it when they did when they were a bang average side finishing 5th in the PL (or was it even lower?)

Canagel

Just like PSG being called by some idiots one of the favorites every year. The CL requires something else that is hard to put into words
These favorite and best team in Europe talks must finally end. For both clubs. The history is important for CL.

Irwin99

Definitely. A legitimate argument could be made, that City have the greatest squad ever assembled in the Premier League. Just look at their bench yesterday. Sane, Fernandinho, Jesus, Mahrez, Stones, etc. They would walk into our current starting eleven. I am still hoping they will beat Liverpool to the title, but it would also be kind of hilarious if that squad only wins a couple of domestic cups.
I think Chelsea 07 are probably the only runners up I can think of who would challenge them as they came even closer to the quad that year than City did. Either team, Liverpool or City, would probably be the best runners up.

Having said how good City are, a truly top team retains their title. I've always believed that. It's harsh because they're up against such an excellent Liverpool side but with the money they've spent, the manager they have, they should be getting back to back league titles. Their squad power easily beats Liverpool's and everyone else in the league.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham

This is such horrendous bullshit.

Look at the way Guardiola and Sterling celebrated. Look at how devastated the City players were when they went out, look at how much they harried and pressed desperately to get a goal.

It meant everything to them, they were clearly desperate to win last night.

It's also the only trophy the arab money hasn't been able to buy.

Stocar

These favorite and best team in Europe talks must finally end. For both clubs. The history is important for CL.
Of all the usual nonsense spouted in the wake of yesterday's game this absolutely takes the prize. How does this mysterious property of "history" actually effect football match?

This competition is won with combination of having a top squad and some luck. That's how Madrid won it three times in a row, not because of "history" or tactics. For the last 10 years they and Barcelona have had the best squads in football. City and PSG are not yet on that level, and didn't get enough luck to make a bigger impact.

In fact, when it comes to tactics and "class" (which is apparently a feature of having "history" that you can't buy), teams like PSG and especially City arguably have too much of it to survive in a dogfight that is knockout football.

You can't win such competition by overthinking and trying to control the match all the time. And that's what coaches of these two teams do. Keep it simple and ride the momentum will do much better.

There is also a question of style of football. In my book, the way these teams play is the right way to play football. There is tactical variety and artistry in it. Their coaches are passionate and very competent. But there is also an inherent fragility in it, that often becomes obvious in tense knockout football. That's also why Madrid has outdone Barcelona in Europe.

Moriarty

I'd put our double winners of 1993-94 up against them any day.

manunited1919

Yeah, it sucks. Almost want to not watch any football for a while until the new season starts. Almost.

Stookie

Nurse bell end

feck that. Any excuse to laugh. It’s even worse for them knowing that even though we’re shit we’re still prepared to take the piss.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

See his history. This was one of his more positive posts....

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
All these oil money clubs find it hard to win the UCL dont they, even Chelsea failed to do it when they were at their absolute peak and only won it when they did when they were a bang average side finishing 5th in the PL (or was it even lower?)
They were one of the worst CL winners ever with so much luck along the way.

Sir Scott McToMinay

I’m sorry to say it, but yesterday I’ve realized that although they are an oil club, they’re not an oil team, they’re a proper side.
The have some serious winners with winning mentality, that play with passion and dedication to each other, what I can’t say about PSG.

I honestly have no idea when was the last time I’ve seen our so called “great servants” work so hard on the football pitch like City’s “mercenaries” did last night.

*pukes in mouth