Vardy

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
He's a machine. Hopefully can lead Leicester to the title again.

dbs235

Deserves a golden boot so I hope he keeps it going this season.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Feels like 15/16 all over again. Imagine if they actually did it? Its a shame they are 8 points behind

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Feels like 15/16 all over again. Imagine if they actually did it? Its a shame they are 8 points behind
The only hope left for stopping Liverpool so I'll be cheering them on.

izec

They are good, but not good enough to win it against this Pool side. The last time they won it, the other teams werent at their best

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
That last minute penalty at Anfield when the two sides last played one another looking like it had a lot more significance than it did at the time

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Would he play for England again if Southgate said he would be his No9?
the only way Vardy plays for England again is if Kane has a long term injury and misses the Euro's, I used to think he'd come back for the tournament but he won't if Kane is fit

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Probably. Everyone wants to win an international trophy. Southgate wouldn't do that, though, as Kane's better
On current form Vardy is better.

Alabaster Codify7

Phenomenal striker, better than any of our strikers in my opinion. That won't go down too well with Rashy's fanclub I guess, and Martial FC. Current Vardy is better than both of them, give Rashy a couple of years and he'll be better, granted.

Le Red

England should have two setups, one built around Kane and one around Vardy.

starman

Would he play for England again if Southgate said he would be his No9?
Said it before, he's so good I think he will (should) be included in the Euro 2020 squad without having played in any of the qualifiers. That said, Southgate fecked him about during WC18, Vardy still might reject him

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
They would have to have a flawless Dec to entertain the idea of the title.

Unlike 15/16, they are chasing which makes things difficult.
The only way they would have a chance is if they just kept keeping up with Liverpool and if Liverpool lost 2 games then they would be right in it.

I can't really see it happening but then again neither did anyone in 15/16.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Phenomenal striker, better than any of our strikers in my opinion. That won't go down too well with Rashy's fanclub I guess, and Martial FC. Current Vardy is better than both of them, give Rashy a couple of years and he'll be better, granted.
Couldn't you just have left it at the bolded? :) Nothing to defend about having an opinion. Especially one that's factual.

Jamie Vardy is such a weird story. The super striker that was never supposed to be. He only really came into light during the 15/16 run, but had a impressive 13/14 season as well with a low key 16 balls in the net.

If there was anything to knock him on is that he's a very seasonal striker. He is either: Mid-table good striker (13/14 | 16/17 ) OR Best-in-league (15/16 | 17/18 | 19/20)

The really impressive feat about Jamie Vardy is that he blossomed quite late in his career, and chose loyalty over upper echelon clubs when they came knocking after the EPL winning run, something you very rarely see in modern football (See: Mahrez, Drinkwater, Kanté) - When he finally retires in a few years, hopefully still in Leicester, he is above and beyond deserving of club legend status.

The really REALLY impressive feat about Jamie Vardy, is that he has done all of this, on a club with on paper lesser players than the fellow big six clubs, but finds ways to score both screamers and team goals by the buckets.

Jamie Vardy deserves nothing but everyone's respect and it's a pleasure to watch him tear up the league once again, setting new personal scoring records at the ripe young age of 32.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Why do you lots always feel the need to shit on your own players. What is this compulsive need some people on these boards have to constantly berate their own players.

It's beyond bizarre.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Said it before, he's so good I think he will (should) be included in the Euro 2020 squad without having played in any of the qualifiers. That said, Southgate fecked him about during WC18, Vardy still might reject him
What did Southgate do to Vardy at the World Cup?

starman

What did Southgate do to Vardy at the World Cup?
Barely played him, Vardy said his retiremrment was partly down to not getting the chances. He didnt even come on until the 112th minute of the Semi final and he didnt even get a single minute in the 3rd/4th place game

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If only their donut winger had just cleared it at anfield in the 95th min.

Instead of dwelling, losing it and tripping Mane.

5 points would be a lot better.

FlawlessThaw

Barely played him, Vardy said his retiremrment was partly down to not getting the chances. He didnt even come on until the 112th minute of the Semi final and he didnt even get a single minute in the 3rd/4th place game
Yeah I guess that's fair sort of. Should have played in that last match. His main issue in getting chances though Kane was in his way and neither player are suitable on the wing.

U-N-I-T-E-D

Why are we not in for him? Wouldn’t cost an insane amount and would be decent in the quick system we have. Pretty much guaranteed goals

United Hobbit

I'm cheering them on given we are nowhere near being in the title race I'd love to see them win it again and stop Liverpool unfortunately I think they may get hit by injuries and they lack the squad depth if anything happens to Vardy they are in trouble, also will any of their players move in January? Also unfortunately Liverpool have such a big cushion if Liverpool do drop any points Leicester need to keep winning every game.
The only thing that may possibly help them is Liverpool are still involved with multiple cups and the CL so that MAY hinder them but I cant see it unfortunately

Hopefully also they keep Rogers and he doesn't go to Arsenal, if I was him I'd stay at Leicester

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Why are we not in for him? Wouldn’t cost an insane amount and would be decent in the quick system we have. Pretty much guaranteed goals
Because Leicester are not selling their ticket to the Champion League for anything less than the cost of not participating in the tournament. And we're not paying £100m+ for a 32 year old with 2 beast seasons and a couple ok seasons left in him.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
I'm cheering them on given we are nowhere near being in the title race I'd love to see them win it again and stop Liverpool unfortunately I think they may get hit by injuries and they lack the squad depth if anything happens to Vardy they are in trouble, also will any of their players move in January? Also unfortunately Liverpool have such a big cushion if Liverpool do drop any points Leicester need to keep winning every game.
The only thing that may possibly help them is Liverpool are still involved with multiple cups and the CL so that MAY hinder them but I cant see it unfortunately

Hopefully also they keep Rogers and he doesn't go to Arsenal, if I was him I'd stay at Leicester
Rodgers signed a new 5 and a half year deal this past week, apparently making him the 3rd/4th highest paid manager in the league

Josep Dowling

Great player but he is massively helped by the set up of Leicester. I’m not sure we can replicate it with England because we don’t have the midfielders to set up like Leicester.

Still he should definitely be in the squad. Can you imagine going into the Euros with

Sterling
Rashford
Kane
Vardy
Sancho

That’s a scary amount of talent for the front 3 positions.

United Hobbit

Rodgers signed a new 5 and a half year deal this past week, apparently making him the 3rd/4th highest paid manager in the league
Ah good I think he would have managed to get Arsenal sorted out so at least he will be staying with Leicester

FlawlessThaw

Ah good I think he would have managed to get Arsenal sorted out so at least he will be staying with Leicester
Could be completely wrong here but Arsenal seem to have a major issue in attracting a new manager. Rodgers swiftly turned them down.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Great player but he is massively helped by the set up of Leicester. I’m not sure we can replicate it with England because we don’t have the midfielders to set up like Leicester.

Still he should definitely be in the squad. Can you imagine going into the Euros with

Sterling
Rashford
Kane
Vardy
Sancho

That’s a scary amount of talent for the front 3 positions.
yes if only England could have people like Ben Chilwell and James Maddison in to provide chances to Jamie Vardy...

England have the midfielders to replicate what Leicester's midfield do, but Southgate has chosen to replicate what Liverpool's midfield do instead