Vardy

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
why isnt he at a ‘bigger’ club?

Consistently bangs in goals. People talk about Son etc but this guy runs defenses ragged

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
First time I noticed him was when he run us ragged and that was at least 5-6 years ago?

Based Adnan

He thrives with space in behind the defenders. Bigger clubs tend to go against low blocks much more often than a side like Leicester.

Think Arsenal were in for him after the title win and he turned them down.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Hypothetically do you think he’d do better at united than Lukaku?
Not sure. Similar level. He might have been a better fit for you though

Arsenal wanted him but he rejected them to stay at leicester

ErranMorad

Still can't understand why he didn't take the opportunity to go to Arsenal under Wenger. Arsene still would be in the job if he switched.

Not many top teams in the league play on the counter. Most other teams park the bus against the top6 and I don't think he'll be such a big hit against parked buses. At best he is back-up at a top club. After his contract extension surely too expensive a back-up for even the top 6.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I can't stand the meth-withdrawal looking rat but he's better than Leicester tbf.

Chipper

Adulterer.
He turned Arsenal down after Leicester won the league didn't he? Think he wanted to stay with Leicester for their Champions League campaign. That was his chance.

He was 30 by the time the next season (last season) kicked off. Age probably stopped anyone else coming in from him, particularity as his game is based on pace. He must have been worried about slowing down too, retiring from international football but it hasn't really happened yet.

There's also the thing about lots of people saying they didn't think his game would suit top teams, as he's best on the counter and they usually have lots of the ball. Might be something in that too.

If he'd have burst onto the scene a couple of years earlier I'm sure he would have been at a bigger club.

OhGee

He would have better here under “park the bus - inho” where he’s pace and ability to get behind defenders would have been more effective than Lukaku. He was a foot and couple of pounds short of a typical Mourinho player though so we paid 50 million and a heck of a lot more on wage to bring the Belgian Chippa Masinga to United...

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Top striker in PL ever since that Leicester’s freak season. Keep scoring lot of goals. Go get your another 20th league goals this season pal! And also credit has to be given to him for being loyal, I think he feels in debt with Leicester, so he decided to stay.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Still can't understand why he didn't take the opportunity to go to Arsenal under Wenger. Arsene still would be in the job if he switched.

Not many top teams in the league play on the counter. Most other teams park the bus against the top6 and I don't think he'll be such a big hit against parked buses. At best he is back-up at a top club. After his contract extension surely too expensive a back-up for even the top 6.
He has a brain in his head for a start and knew they weren’t a great fit, got a huge pay rise from us close enough to what arsenal were offering to make it finically possible.

Oh and he’s happy at the club

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
He’s very good at what he does, in a counterattacking team where not many teams are going to park the bus. When faced with a team who is going to sit deep he becomes much less effective as there is no space for him.

Luke1995

In his book he said that while playing with Ozil and Sanchez was of appeal to him, he felt he wouldn't fit in with Arsenal's system of possession due to being a player who needed to run in behind and played best in counter attacks.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
The idea that a guy who might reach 20 league goals for the 3rd time in 4 years wouldn't be effective unless his team plays on the counter needs to die an ugly death

padzilla

Hipster
He certainly would be better than any of our so-called strikers right now.

Ashley R1+O

Remember this goal against Liverpool and watching it live and thinking "what in the hell, this guy is ridiculous". That season really was incredible.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Bottled the chance to take a pen for England in the Summer. That plus the fact he's been happy to stay at a side with much less pressure tells me a lot about his mentality.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Bottled the chance to take a pen for England in the Summer. That plus the fact he's been happy to stay at a side with much less pressure tells me a lot about his mentality.
His mentality won Leicester a title.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham

Didn't he get injured in extra time and therefore didn't feel up to the penalty?

arthurka

Remember this goal against Liverpool and watching it live and thinking "what in the hell, this guy is ridiculous". That season really was incredible.
What I remember most from this game was the excellent grass work from the groundsman. He really did excel that season, yes and Vardy was ok too.
I think we could do a lot worse signing him for Lukaku next season to take the burden off Rashford.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Maybe he just really loves Leicester? Or maybe nobody wants to sign him because he's a ratfaced prick?

Raw

As a cheap depth option he'd be alright for a few years but I feel our team needs to sort out lots of other pressing issues before even thinking about this. Always up there in terms of goals though, it surprises me when I see the top scorer list and Vardy's always just a few goals behind the likes of Aguero, Kane, Salah, etc.

TGK

Supports
Liverpool
Best decision he ever made was not joining Arsenal.

Especially in the title winning team, 'big' teams had an 'its only Leicester' attitude and played a high line, he thrived/thrives in that space behind them.

Playing in a side where the opposition sits back, he'd be denied that space and he'd lose his primary weapon.

He'd have struggled at a 'bigger' club.

Ashley R1+O

What I remember most from this game was the excellent grass work from the groundsman. He really did excel that season, yes and Vardy was ok too.
I think we could do a lot worse signing him for Lukaku next season to take the burden off Rashford.
Crosshatch and diagonals and diamonds OH MY!

MuranoLover

He decided to stay and thank you them as becoming a legend for them .

Maybe there are still normal human beings in football .

oLeSoLsKjAeR20

With all the talk about a bid for Mandzukic (a player coming to the end of his career) I started to try and think of players of similar age and but who are Premiership proven. And it led me to this fella. Surely he'd be a better fit in terms of the pressing that Ole wants to do. He's definitely more of a goal scorer than Rashford so could fit that central striker role, with Martial and Rashford either side. I'm sure he has at least another 3 good years in him so why not slap in a bid for him, plug the Lukaku gap short term and continue to look for a younger, more long term player to slot into that role?

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
With all the talk about a bid for Mandzukic (a player coming to the end of his career) I started to try and think of players of similar age and but who are Premiership proven. And it led me to this fella. Surely he'd be a better fit in terms of the pressing that Ole wants to do. He's definitely more of a goal scorer than Rashford so could fit that central striker role, with Martial and Rashford either side. I'm sure he has at least another 3 good years in him so why not slap in a bid for him, plug the Lukaku gap short term and continue to look for a younger, more long term player to slot into that role?
I don't think Leicester would be too keen on that one and Vardy loves the club.

oLeSoLsKjAeR20

I don't think Leicester would be too keen on that one and Vardy loves the club.
You're probably right. When posting that I knew that due to our desperation it would take a big bid, one they'd find it hard to refuse. As much as he loves the club, surely at 32 he'd consider it given it's not an opportunity he'd ever get again. Just a thought. I know it's not on at all!

Chipper

Adulterer.
Besides, it's transfer deadline day. Not really wise to sell players today outside of certain circumstances as you're not going to be able to get replacements in.

1. you don't really want the player anyway/have plenty of depth
2. the offer is ridiculous
3. you think not accepting the offer might cause the player to sulk and lose form, harm team spirit etc. - Palace in this predicament with Zaha right now, he could force it through

Raw

No way Leicester will sell this close to the deadline. Especially after that whole Maguire ordeal.