Vardy

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Vardy, the PL winner who consistently turns up (and scores) against the best teams in the PL...?

He's on less than Rashford.
Would gladly take him on a couple years contract. He scores goals and rarely gets injured.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
His decision to stay at Leicester is correct. If he's still young or in his prime age I'm sure he would have leave, but right now he's in his 30s where he can't play 2 games a week every week in both league & european cup. He knows his strength relied a lot with his pace & stamina, if he gets burnt out then he won't be able to play in top level anymore. Another good decision for retiring from International Football.

Top striker in EPL. Leicester wouldn't be where they are right now if Vardy got injured, I know they have some good player but Vardy is the most crucial.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
Another player who needs open space to run into and wouldn't fix our issues.

mark clatternburg

Supports
Leicester City
I'd take Vardy at United along with their 3 midfielders and maybe Perez. Put with our defence and Rashford and Martial and also maybe nab Rodgers as coach and I reckon we'd be up there.
Hilarious! Truly, truly, truly hilarious!!!!

WakeAndBeek

Really should have moved to Arsenal all those years ago.
To do what? Continue to disappoint and flop and get boo’d by their childish and arrogant fanbase, as opposed to stay somewhere where he is a cult figure and the playing style is built to suit him.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Vardy chose loyalty and CL adventure with Leicester (along with nearly all of the squad) over abandoning the ship after success was finally achieved. I cant help but respect him for that.

Walters_19_MuFc

Just made a point in the Brendan Rodgers thread that Vardy had 24 touches and 12 passes yesterday, but scored three goals. Statistically, this season he averaged 12.4 passes a game, which shows that he's a striker that doesn't get involved in the build up play much. Actually, before he scored yesterday, some people in the gameweek thread were saying he wasn't very involved.

Ultimately, a striker is there to score, and Vardy certainly does that, but if you haven't got the creativity behind you, what can you do?

Brendan Rodgers has two creative 8' behind him, in Maddison and Tielemans, and two wingers and full backs who stretch play and create from wide areas.

As I said, Vardy is a fantastic goalscorer, but I honestly believe if he were here, we wouldn't be seeing anywhere near the amount of goals he's scored because we simply don't create enough. I'm sure Leicester had the same problem when Claude Puel was there.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Remember Vardy in the infamous Leicester game with LVG. God,he was a real nuisance that day. Right in our faces and hunting down everything. He just would not let up and it brought him and Leicester the rewards in the end.

From what I remember he wasn't much of a consistent goal threat for Leicester or Pearson at the time but his determination was a vital cog in Leicesters gameplan.
How he has developed overtime as one of the best counter attacking forwards in Europe is truly amazing and he deserves alot of praise for that.

Dante

Average bang
At Rashford's age, he was still on the books of the Stocksbridge Park Steels in the Northern Premier League.

Goes to show how much uncultivated talent might be hidden away in the lower leagues; not to mention how much young players can improve in a very short space of time. Not everyone follows the same career trajectory of Lionel Messi.

Red_toad

Shows what an idiot Vardy was to sign that contract.
whys he an idiot? Likes where he’s at, earns more than 99% of us can dream of.
Does someone need to fix what isn’t broken for even more money?
He’s got 1 more Premier league medal than la arses squad.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
Just made a point in the Brendan Rodgers thread that Vardy had 24 touches and 12 passes yesterday, but scored three goals. Statistically, this season he averaged 12.4 passes a game, which shows that he's a striker that doesn't get involved in the build up play much. Actually, before he scored yesterday, some people in the gameweek thread were saying he wasn't very involved.

Ultimately, a striker is there to score, and Vardy certainly does that, but if you haven't got the creativity behind you, what can you do?

Brendan Rodgers has two creative 8' behind him, in Maddison and Tielemans, and two wingers and full backs who stretch play and create from wide areas.

As I said, Vardy is a fantastic goalscorer, but I honestly believe if he were here, we wouldn't be seeing anywhere near the amount of goals he's scored because we simply don't create enough. I'm sure Leicester had the same problem when Claude Puel was there.
Yes we did and the game changer was Tielemans. The latter was convinced by Puel to come here, thanks to his Monaco connection, as he fell out with Jardim and his career came to a stall. Puel couldn't reap the benefits of this signing as he was sacked a couple of weeks later.

This isn't to say that Rodgers didn't get the most out of him though.

Reactions: golden_blunder

GlasgowCeltic

Hes the player Rashford should most look to emulate stylistically rather than the failed attempts to be Ronaldo

Walters_19_MuFc

Yes we did and the game changer was Tielemans. The latter was convinced by Puel to come here, thanks to his Monaco connection, as he fell out with Jardim and his career came to a stall. Puel couldn't reap the benefits of this signing as he was sacked a couple of weeks later.

This isn't to say that Rodgers didn't get the most out of him though.
Tielemans has certainly improved them, but I don't think it's solely that. Puel had them playing slow, ponderous football that very few players in the Liecester team benefited from.

Hes the player Rashford should most look to emulate stylistically rather than the failed attempts to be Ronaldo
I think so too, but both at complete different stages of their career. Rashford, and I guess all strikers coming through in the modern game are either trying or being asked to be complete strikers. Dropping off, running in behind, linking play, moving into wide areas, etc.

I watch Vardy and the phrase 'simplicity is the key to brilliance' is something that really strikes me when watching him. That's not taking anything from him as a player because he is so effective in what he does, but he whenever he gets the ball he keeps it very simple and gets on the move again. He's also focused on staying within the width of the 18 yard box because ultimately, that's where you're going to score your goals.

Rashford likes to move into wide areas, drop off, etc and very rarely gets on the end of the very few crosses we put into the box.

Having said that, from listening to the debate with Souness and Neville had and the fact Ole moved Lukaku on suggests that Ole doesn't want a fox in the box type of striker, but more someone who can contribute everything.

In terms of skill set, I'd say Rashford has more going for him than Vardy, but as I said, ultimately as a striker you're going to be judged on goals, and that's what Vardy does.

stepic

Rashford is nowhere near the quality of Vardy right now, ridiculous homerism to think otherwise.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Shows what an idiot Vardy was to sign that contract.
how how much of an idiot the person that does the contracts at United is to put Rashford on a bigger contract than Vardy when he hasn't earned it

Rockets Redglare

I remember people saying he wasn’t good enough for United after Leicester won the league. He’d easily be our best attacking player.