Variable Formation Draft - Sirscholes vs Himannv

Who will win the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
VS

................................. TEAM SIRCHOLES ....................................................................................TEAM HIMANNV ...................................................

TEAM SIRSCHOLES

442 Diamond

line up
Toldo, one the finest Italian goalkeepers over two decades, important part of their euro 2000 campaign

Centre back pairing
Very strong no nonsense pairing in vidic and Koeman, both capable with the ball at their feet when needed. Both players are huge goal threats from set pieces. I felt it important to have a partner who can cover when vidic goes up to win aerial balls or gets tight to his man. Spotting and sweeping up danger was Koemans strength

fullbacks
The Diamond formation asks a lot of the fullbacks.
I have one of the greatest fullbacks capable of running the flanks all day in Tassotti, a member of the fierce Ac Milan defence
And our very own Irwin, needs little introduction, we all know how dangerous he was at providing width and a note-able goal threat.
They will provide the width, whether crossing from deep or getting to the byline for cut backs

Midfield
The benefit of this formation is it allows for extra hands in the centre.
Working like the Juventus midfield Pogba was part of.
It needs an anchor, hierro will be that player, when the full backs are forward he will provide the extra cover to prevent counters. As well as a ball out of danger.
We have an aggressive ball winner in Simeone, his job is to keep it simple, win back the ball and give it to the two magicians in midfield.
Scholes will feel at home being beside Simeone, he flourished beside Keane and I see a similar partnership.
Zico is the best player on the pitch, he has the ability to thread through balls to the strikers or carry the ball causing gaps to form in defensive lines.
upfront a partnership similar to what Rooney experienced with Tevez. Rivelinos incredible ability to carry the ball will open up a number of gaps for Rooney to exploit. Rivelino main movements will be left of goal to stretch play

main threats
Scholes playing diagonal balls to aggressive fullbacks
Zico and Rivelino committing defenders and sliding Rooney in
Rooney dropping deep, allowing Rivelino/Zico to run in behind

main concerns
Counter attacks, which is why Simeone and Hierro will be tasked with snuffing out through balls and covering fullbacks

TEAM HIMANNV

Formation
: 4-3-3

Tactics:

Attacking phase:

• 3-2-5
  • Banks is actually quite good on the ball and a good distributor with his feet.
  • Dunga drops deeper to effectively form a back 3 and a strong defensive base. All 3 are decent to good on the ball.
  • Fullbacks Zanetti and Pavoni push up the pitch.
  • Schweinstiger and Modric pull the strings in midfield and create chances.
  • Baggio and Salah operate more centrally when it makes sense (sometimes as inside forwards, sometimes as wing forwards).
  • Seeler works on creating space for the others to attack but also gets on the end of chances with his continuous movement.

Defensive phase:

• Generally a zonal defence but with good defensive workrate.
  • Banks a top teir shot stopper.
  • Kohler and Ferrara are excellent at stopping the dangers from counters and are very good man markers.
  • Dunga shields the back 4 and is ably supported by Schweinstiger and Modric.
  • Baggio, Salah, and Seeler work hard and don't give the opposition defence much time on the ball to force the error.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
I'd have swapped Zico and Rivelino personally, and I'd prefer a bit more attacking oomph than Tassotti and Simeone will provide down that right wing.

A formidable all-around unit as expected from Himannv, particularly that Baggio/Seeler combo which will likely look even better in another formation.

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
That is a great support cast to try Baggio as a false 9 @Himannv , have always been intrigued by the idea, not sure if false 9 formations are a part of this draft.

@SirScholes , your front 3 needs to be rotated in counter clockwise direction. Should be as below.

----Rooney----Zico-----
----------Rivellino-------

SirScholes

I'd have swapped Zico and Rivelino personally, and I'd prefer a bit more attacking oomph than Tassotti and Simeone will provide down that right wing.

A formidable all-around unit as expected from Himannv, particularly that Baggio/Seeler combo which will likely look even better in another formation.
That is a great support cast to try Baggio as a false 9 @Himannv , have always been intrigued by the idea, not sure if false 9 formations are a part of this draft.

@SirScholes , your front 3 needs to be rotated in counter clockwise direction. Should be as below.

----Rooney----Zico-----
I’d see say they would rotate frequently throughout the match much like we used to with Ronnie Rooney tevez/Nani
Neither would ideally be playing as a striker, just playing the hand I was dealt

Himannv

----Rooney----Zico-----
Yeah, I have the false 9 idea in my head - I'm just not sure yet if I can find the left side presence for it as I don't want to push Seeler there. Anyway, it's all luck depending on the formation we get here.

Himannv

I’d see say they would rotate frequently throughout the match much like we used to with Ronnie Rooney tevez/Nani
Neither would ideally be playing as a striker, just playing the hand I was dealt
Well played mate. Commiserations on the loss.

I think you were dealt a difficult hand with the formation in a way. Tassotti was the main problem for me as you'd ideally want a more attacking fullback (perhaps even a wingback) in this type of formation.

I'd echo other comments that you'd ideally want Rivellino to start deeper than Zico. I also think you want a Tevez type who actually played a bit like a 9 to hold the shape of the side properly when Rooney gets a bit frustrated and drops too deep to collect the ball - Zico is not that kind of player for me.

SirScholes

Well played mate. Commiserations on the loss.

I think you were dealt a difficult hand with the formation in a way. Tassotti was the main problem for me as you'd ideally want a more attacking fullback (perhaps even a wingback) in this type of formation.

I'd echo other comments that you'd ideally want Rivellino to start deeper than Zico. I also think you want a Tevez type who actually played a bit like a 9 to hold the shape of the side properly when Rooney gets a bit frustrated and drops too deep to collect the ball - Zico is not that kind of player for me.
Like wise
Tassotti is regarded as one of the first fullbacks to be offensive as well as defensive
But I agree, the battle wasn’t lost there, a more attractive line up would of been nicer
well played sir