VDO’s: Manchester United FC in 1989 and 1998

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Fascinating behind the scenes look at Manchester United FC in 1989. Compare what was leading edge technology at the time to now.

a training session as the they prepare for a big game, see how they relax away from the pressure of modern day football, travel on board the Manchester United team coach and see how Alex Ferguson and his backroom staff prepare for an important fixture and much, much more!

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
They used to bath together?

Eeeeeeew.
using the same bar of soap !! :nervous:

Its also bizarre to watch through covid19 and social distancing rules. We are so far away from people feeling safe to behave like this again.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
using the same bar of soap !! :nervous:

Its also bizarre to watch through covid19 and social distancing rules. We are so far away from people feeling safe to behave like this again.
Can't wait until we can all bathe together again.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
The fella second from the left on the first video looks like Andy McDonald from Corrie.

I'l enjoy these tomorrow.

.Phil1968

Wow that takes me back, I had that first video years ago. Actually on the 3rd video at 13.54 that's me in the white and grey jacket getting off a silcox coach.
Wonderful times, that 1989 season was the ultimate rollercoaster season, dabbling with relegation but winning the cup.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Behind the scenes footage at Man United during the 1994/95 title run-in.

choccy77

Fascinating behind the scenes look at Manchester United FC in 1989. Compare what was leading edge technology at the time to now.

a training session as the they prepare for a big game, see how they relax away from the pressure of modern day football, travel on board the Manchester United team coach and see how Alex Ferguson and his backroom staff prepare for an important fixture and much, much more!

I had a video late 80's 90's and there was lot's of behind the scene stuff (probably a season review) and you had Bryan Robson and Brian McClair going into the office to pick up their wage packets :lol:

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I had a video late 80's 90's and there was lot's of behind the scene stuff (probably a season review) and you had Bryan Robson and Brian McClair going into the office to pick up their wage packets :lol:
Please share it! Can you remember what they were paid?

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Thanks for posting OP, loved those. The tweeness of particularly the 89/90 ones was great, the state-of-the-art cctv system (probably still in use at OT to be honest) and Hughesy's 'nice shot!' from the treatment table were highlights for me. Just great to see though, especially Fergie and Archie Knox.

Eamon's a bit of a prat but again great to see round the place in the late 90s, the time when I was really getting into my stride as a fan.