Film Venom 2

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I didn't there'd be a second one given the disastrous venom 1.

Hamnat

I didn't there'd be a second one given the disastrous venom 1.
It was a huge box office success despite not being that good. Venom and Carnage are some of Spidey's best rogues. Even being in a kind of Silo universe from the MCU and Spidey I can see the interest. Hopefully they improve on some of the firsts' failings...

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I'm a massive fan of the Carnage character. But this looks abysmal. If the tone set in the trailer (unfunny buddy cop movie) is how the film will be, then I'm fearing the worst.

Just before I saw this trailer, I was telling my wife that Stephen Graham doesnt act in superhero films because he has higher taste and all this nonsense. Then I see him in this shite :lol:

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
I'm a massive fan of the Carnage character. But this looks abysmal. If the tone set in the trailer (unfunny buddy cop movie) is how the film will be, then I'm fearing the worst.

Just before I saw this trailer, I was telling my wife that Stephen Graham doesnt act in superhero films because he has higher taste and all this nonsense. Then I see him in this shite :lol:
Stephen Graham was in Pirates of the Caribbean and Hellboy.

hobbers

Looks like they won't struggle making the sequel even worse than the first.

Sylar

First was fun nonsense. This will be fun nonsense too :lol:

Drifter

American
Don't know why. But this looks like they have not learned their lesson from the first movie.

marktan

I liked this first one. Funny, light-hearted, a bit miserable, a bit pointless. Will give the second one a watch.

Sylar

Im in. I mean it might be a bit trashy like the first, but im sure ill have fun.

GBBQ

Will they continue to keep this separate from the MCU? Not against that in general but if they just keep having him go up against bigger badder versions of himself it’ll run out of steam pretty quickly

choccy77

Will they continue to keep this separate from the MCU? Not against that in general but if they just keep having him go up against bigger badder versions of himself it’ll run out of steam pretty quickly
Well yes, because Sony own the film rights to Spider-Man not Marvel (MCU)

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Looks shite like the first one. I was never a fan of the Carnage character, although I do like Harrelson. I'll probably end up giving it a watch once it makes its way online, though.
Ah, supporting the streaming services. Jolly good show :nervous:

Sylar

Think they want Holland in a future one though.

RedDevilRoshi

Apparently there’s a credit scene at the end that links this with the MCU.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/gizm...ost-credit-sequence-and-sony-w-1847682823/amp

According to the rumors, the scene sees Eddie Brock and Venom watching TV. On that TV is none other than...Tom Holland as Spider-Man, confirming that Venom exists in the same universe as the Marvel/Sony Spider-Man films and, by extension, the Marvel Cinematic Universe. This isn’t exactly the most surprising post-credit scene since director Andy Serkis has acknowledged fan anticipation for a showdown. But, if true, this could be the start of some very exciting things.

decorativeed

Watched this last week. It's like it was made 20 years ago. Really poor.

I did enjoy the humourous aspects of it more than expected, but the story was awful and the effects were well below the standard we get in the MCU films. I honestly don't know why Sony bother with this crap. I'm sure they wouldn't make any less money from their licenced IPs like this if they just profit-shared with Marvel.

Dante

Average bang
It's really stupid.

I actually enjoyed the first movie, so went into this one expecting to disagree with the critics. But I just couldn't. It's so much worse than the original. Nothing makes sense, and every plot point seems to happen illogically.

I think a cartoon-ish movie can only get away with a nonsense premise if it's the first in its franchise. When the world building is for something new and hitherto unseen, inconsistencies can be forgiven because the characters are presumably still working things out for themselves. But by the second, the viewer needs believe that there are stakes to the interactions and consequences to the decisions. There was none of that here. They didn't do enough to explain why certain things mattered but others didn't. Without addressing that, it's not a movie with a storyline, it's just a CGI demo.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Can't see this version of venom working in a fight against spiderman... He's just an unfunny, needy idiot. Not threatening at all.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Terrible film, but I enjoyed how they got a trio of very good British actors to do some of the hammiest American accents imaginable… and also Reece Sheersmith turned up at one point.

i have no idea what was happening at any point, but I do remember Woody Harrison’s wig being an impressively terrible thing to have made it all the way through a major Hollywood production, and that the actress playing the younger version of Naomi Harris’s completely wasted character looked at least 5 years older than her. Also Tom Hardy looks pretty fat. No judgement, but he does.