Viable, available caretaker managers?

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
The more the season unravels, the more I find the notion of Wenger taking over until the Summer pretty fecking exciting...

Southgate could be another option until the Summer

But who else is out there that's free to step in as a caretaker if things continue on their current path?

Denis79

The more the season unravels, the more I find the notion of Wenger taking over until the Summer pretty fecking exciting...

But who else is out there that's free to step in as a caretaker if things continue on their current path?
If Woodward would sack Ole we all know he would let Carrick take the team until a replacement was found...

el3mel

Poch might be available in 2 months or so. We can appoint him in Jan without needing a caretaker manager.

Rhyme Animal

If Woodward would sack Ole we all know he would let Carrick take the team until a replacement was found...
Not necessarily - Chelsea employed both Hiddinck and Benitez in a similar role.

I think when Ole goes this season the club will want to bring in someone to restore a bit of respect and confidence in the board.

Donk3y

He'd probably offer Carrick full-time job after a short winning run.

Acquire Me

Sacking Ole would not help us. Our players are poor and unmotivated as feck. They have demonstrated that with world class managers as well.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Benitez
Wenger
Allegri
Uhhh Muelensteen. Queiroz. anything.

Denis79

Not necessarily - Chelsea employed both Hiddinck and Benitez in a similar role.

I think when Ole goes this season the club will want to bring in someone to restore a bit of respect and confidence in the board.
Makes sense but I have little faith in Woodwards decision making.

Asger

Poch might be available in 2 months or so. We can appoint him in Jan without needing a caretaker manager.
Yes please, bring a coach that has never won anything.

IrishMcD

Southgate? Please stop. Another man hyped by British media. A clown. With the team available to him manage to botch the easy route ever to a World Cup final. Absolutely would want him nowhere near the club.

Rhyme Animal

Sacking Ole would not help us. Our players are poor and unmotivated as feck. They have demonstrated that with world class managers as well.
Lets be real though - we've been here before, both with Utd and other clubs.

He's a manager in free-fall, and it's gone on for fecking months.

This is a relevant conversation, trust me.

el3mel

Yes please, bring a coach that has never won anything.
Poch with his problems is light years ahead of our current manager it's not even a contest. He might not win things here but he'll be able to develop players and build a good basis for the team, something our current manager can only dream of.

Rhyme Animal

Southgate? Please stop. Another man hyped by British media. A clown. With the team available to him manage to botch the easy route ever to a World Cup final. Absolutely would want him nowhere near the club.
Well, he's worked well with Rashford, Lingard, AWB, Maguire...

I think until the Summer he could actually do a decent job with this squad.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Really looking forward to bring in another manager so we can complain about them and suggest other managers who could replace them.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Lauren Blanc. He's at home scratching his nuts so he could come in tomorrow if needed. I'd even give him a direct 3 year contract because there's no way in this world he's worse than Ole.

Denis79

Lets be real though - we've been here before, both with Utd and other clubs.

He's a manager in free-fall, and it's gone on for fecking months.

This is a relevant conversation, trust me.
I want Ole to be given time but you're right, he won't last long. This job seems too big for him.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Jesus Christ himself couldn't sort this mess out.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Why are we, Manchester United talking about yet another caretaker manager.
We all know that if that happens it will be the same outcome as with Ole.
The useless lazy players will worry about loosing their obscene wages and pull their fingers out. For a few weeks anyway.

Irrational.

This is the sad reality. There are not many quality managers available at present. But any manager with an ounce of top-level experience will be an upgrade on Ole.

TheReligion

Abusive

Based on tonight? Knee jerk I feel. We had performances like that when we won the competition from memory.

Anyway no point changing manager again at the moment. We need to ride it out.

Eric7C

I'd gladly have Benitez as a caretaker - he's done a really good job at short notice at a number of clubs.

Plus it'd fecking drive the dippers mental.
At this point, I'll take him too. Maybe. But if 10 years ago if someone had told us we would want FSW as our manager..

Asger

Poch with his problems is light years ahead of our current manager it's not even a contest. He might not win things here but he'll be able to develop players and build a good basis for the team, something our current manager can only dream of.
Only if we had players as good as spurs have.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Big Sam, then Redknapp, then Pardew, Avram Grant. If people want the manager sacked every 6 months we may as well go through them all.

Rhyme Animal

Based on tonight? Knee jerk I feel. We had performances like that when we won the competition from memory.

Anyway no point changing manager again at the moment. We need to ride it out.
No, not based on tonight, based on months and months of relegation form.

Based on no away win in what, 12 games?

Based on our worst PL start in 30 (THIRTY) years.

Based on 5 wins in fecking 22.

IrishMcD

Well, he's worked well with Rashford, Lingard, AWB, Maguire...

I think until the Summer he could actually do a decent job with this squad.
Everyone entitled to their opinion mate, and I'm not trying to come across as me saying you are completely wrong and your opinion sucks. This is how I view it though, AWB has barely played under Southgate, in fact I'm not sure how often he has been capped in competitive games. Very very few.
Rashford has been terrible most games for England and shouldn't be starting ahead of Kane, Sterling or Sancho.
Lingard has just been dropped from the upcoming squad and rarely gets a look in. He has been horrendous for England (shock, horror) and gets called out on it from supporters of all clubs.
So I would strongly disagree that he has worked well with them. In fact, the complete opposite.

John Blund

Matic, Fred and Mata would probably be among the worst midfields you'd see in PL this season. Against AZ, we started them, surrounded by youngsters. Without DDG, Rojo and Lindelöf, we'd be crushed tonight.

TheReligion

Abusive
No, not based on tonight, based on months and months of relegation form.

Based on no away win in what, 12 games?

Based on our worst PL start in 30 (THIRTY) years.

Based on 5 wins in fecking 22.
And what's the plan with this caretaker then? There should be a plan.. Right?

el3mel

Only if we had players as good as spurs have.
We need a rebuild but I'll trust Poch with it far more than our current clueless manager who can't put a coherent plan or develop players and I don't think any reasonable person can think otherwise.

mav_9me

Just because players are poor does not mean Ole is not poor. Not mutually exclusive, no?

Not much we can do about the players today.

At least we can in theory get a better coach.

Denis79

We knew this when he took over. I never expected Ole to outshine Mourinho nor LVG for that matter tactically, in that regard he is a lesser manager. I however expected him to motivate our players, bring back some pride. He has failed in that regard.