Viable, available caretaker managers?

Castia

Would it be so out of the question to get the Ajax or RB Leipzig manager on a full time deal? This season is already a write off, gives them time to see the squad and get a style in place for next year.

In a perfect world Poch leaves Spurs in the coming weeks and we appoint him over the Xmas period but seems unlikely.

starman

Tbh, I wouldn't mind Wenger as a caretaker as we actually have a pretty good defence, something he consistently struggled with building throughout his time at Arsenal. The best defence he had was inherited.
Breaking down teams is what he is best at and is where we are struggling the most.

He then be moved to DOF, think of all the world class players we could than hear about that he almost signed :drool:

As for the long term, no one really is a outstanding candidate like Klopp or Pep, other than probably Nagelsmann. Poch does not convince me...

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I'd get Guus Hiddink in as Caretaker and we might even win the Europa League with abit of luck. Hiddink's experience at the top with the aid of the new manager bounce might just be enough for us to have a genuine chance of winning it.

Eternitiy

I might get a lot of backlash for saying this, but I'd absolutely take Rafa Benitez to come in as caretaker to steady the ship. Quality manager.

ReparableTrack0

Seeing a lot of folks saying Wenger.. Did he actually say he would be interested? I thought the quotes that came out a few days ago were fake?? I wouldn't mind him as caretaker till the end of the season

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I'd get Guus Hiddink in as Caretaker and we might even win the Europa League with abit of luck. Hiddink's experience at the top with the aid of the new manager bounce might just be enough for us to have a genuine chance of winning it.
Exactly which players will help him do that?!

Our squad is very different to Chelsea squad from when Mourinho left them few years ago.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Exactly which players will help him do that?!

Our squad is very different to Chelsea squad from when Mourinho left them few years ago.
Our defence will give us a chance and as much as you won't want to admit it, Paul Pogba is still at the club. And Hiddink with his experience at the highest will have a better understanding of how to get the best out of him over Ole. We also will sign a player or two in January with or without a manager IMO.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Our defence will give us a chance and as much as you won't want to admit it, Paul Pogba is still at the club. And Hiddink with his experience at the highest will have a better understanding of how to get the best out of him over Ole. We also will sign a player or two in January with or without a manager IMO.
Are you sure Pogba still plays for us? Haven’t seen him yet this season :lol: Oh yeah, he missed that penalty and cost us points.

I have no doubt Hiddink is vastly superior to OGS, and his prior stop gap experience would be very useful.

But this is the worst squad I’ve seen at this club since days of Ron Atkinson.

Can’t see how we polish this squad I’m afraid.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Are you sure Pogba still plays for us? Haven’t seen him yet this season :lol: Oh yeah, he missed that penalty and cost us points.

I have no doubt Hiddink is vastly superior to OGS, and his prior stop gap experience would be very useful.

But this is the worst squad I’ve seen at this club since days of Ron Atkinson.

Can’t see how we polish this squad I’m afraid.
Yes he did miss that penalty but without his good play we wouldn't have won it.

It's the worst squad I've seen in my lifetime there's no doubt about that. But adding a couple of players in January can change things in a very positive way. Factor in Hiddink's superior coaching ability into the mix and we could genuinely beat anyone in the Europa League, especially with our defensive line looking strong on paper.

cfkane

Can’t get on board with the Wenger idea, he’s an Arsenal man so it seems wrong him being here, for both us and Arsenal.
Busby played for City and Liverpool. If Wenger can get things going, I don't care who he played for/managed in the past.

lex talionis

I just can’t see Wenger taking Woody’s phone call.

Blanc is a great shout, but if you want a proven winner Allegri is your man. If you want to roll the dice with a young talent, go with Nagelsmann, though there’s still the problem of crawling through this season to deal with.

Either way, we need to end Ole’s misery.

Lebo

Has anyone suggested Diego Simeone yet? I know we would love a more attacking manager than him but i feel he is the best man to deal with the rot within the club.

Doesn’t get disrespected by players, can build a great squad with limited funds, there is a clear game plan whenever you watch his team play.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
1st choice - Allegri, who is interested in joining us and is available, he is probably our best option right now, an experienced and successful manager, won 13 trophies in past 9 seasons.

2nd choice - Wenger, who doesn't have a job, his attacking style may at least improves our current team, a very experience manager who is very good at getting top 4 finish under low budget

3rd choice - Poch, his recent form is questionable, may needs new challenge. A young manager who develops a good style of play. Never win any trophy but always fighting near for the 2nd or 3rd place. He may be good choice to bring us back to top 4. Question is would he leave Spur this season.

Bulldog United

Maybe we should try one of the British merry-go-round managers next? Another club legend who fits that billing is available at the moment: Mark Hughes.

In all seriousness, I'd still go with Poch. He has exceeded his use by date at Spurs with their current squad, so hopefully they'll fire him soon and free him up. Poch would certainly get the financial backing to build a formidable squad here over time. While he failed to win anything at Spurs, what he did achieve was still damn impressive given the restrictions placed on him by Levy.

redshaw

Poch coming during this season seems like a bad idea, out of the frying fan into the fire. I'm sure it's best for him and his future club he gets a break if sacked soon. Also I doubt they will sack him.

We do need genuine experience though, we can't have Nicky Butt or McKenna taking over.

This thread is viable caretaker managers yet Allegri is mentioned. he already said he's having a break until the summer and more importantly he's not the sort to be a caretaker. He'll want a 3 year deal minimum even if you could talk him into coming during the season.

Guus hiddink
Blanc
Wenger

ThierryFabregas

Supports
Arsenal
If you want a United man get in Roy Keane. HE embodies the high standards of Man United and winning and you'll get a dominant manager who won't be scared of bullying the big egos. Could backfire ofcourse

OGS is a nice guy but is clearly way out of his depth and I imagine he's lost the dressing room, which is a real problem you seemingly have is the players downing tools. Maybe you need a real motivator. That's something I'll say for Wenger, players never downed tools until that final season with our toxic fans and then only away from home.

simplyared

Roberto Martinez would have been a great choice as caretaker if we hadn't sold Lukaku as he's a different player for his country. Tbh I've always thought Martinez could do a job on a permanent basis so surprised he doesn't get a mention. Situation as it is now I'd get SAF to give big Sam a bell and let him take over. Then hopefully PSG get knocked out of the CL and go for Tuchel as permanent.

LInkash

Fergie, I'm sure he must be getting a little bored with retirement and wouldn't mind a little challenge for a couple of months.

kps88

Allegri will bore the shit out of us. He's the opposite of attacking and progressive. And I doubt he'd be interested in just being a caretaker.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Fergie, I'm sure he must be getting a little bored with retirement and wouldn't mind a little challenge for a couple of months.
This team need at least a few good years to build, Fergie has already retired as champions and greatest legend, lets not ruin it.

Zed 101

If you want a United man get in Roy Keane. HE embodies the high standards of Man United and winning and you'll get a dominant manager who won't be scared of bullying the big egos. Could backfire ofcourse

OGS is a nice guy but is clearly way out of his depth and I imagine he's lost the dressing room, which is a real problem you seemingly have is the players downing tools. Maybe you need a real motivator. That's something I'll say for Wenger, players never downed tools until that final season with our toxic fans and then only away from home.
I would not let that miserable sour faced feck Keane back within a million miles of teh club, he has well burnt his bridges and besides has proven himself a completely inept manager to date hence the move in to (very poor) punditry.

Stick with Ole, unless Poch become available we would just be swapping for no reason, the poor squad is the problem

Skills

Snitch
I would not let that miserable sour faced feck Keane back within a million miles of teh club, he has well burnt his bridges and besides has proven himself a completely inept manager to date hence the move in to (very poor) punditry.

Stick with Ole, unless Poch become available we would just be swapping for no reason, the poor squad is the problem
You don't think it's possible to do any better than Solskjaer apart from Poch?

Zed 101

Cannot think of anyone who would be available and who could do anything with the quality of squad we have right now

Shadie77

Laurent Blanc if we want to continue with the current vission but with a proven manager.