Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bwuk

Always felt Lindelof had the talent but just looked far too nervous.

Hoping this World Cup is the making of him. The talent is there it’s mentality.

Ekeke

They were going long to bypass their pressing and avoid counters, of course a larger amount of passes than usual will be missed in that case.

I looked up Vela’s shots and for the first couple of shots the closest Swedish players were granqvist and larsson and then granqvist and forsberg. The third shot was augustinson and lindelof. Vela played on Mexico’s right, are you suggesting that lindelof should go out of position to block an eventual shot? You’re making a fool of yourself.

Mexico barely had any good chances. It’s clear you didn’t even watch the game and are just basing your opinion on stats.
I looked them up too, Lindelof was the one standing off him. Vela was in the middle taking dangerous shots at goal, he wasnt out wide shooting from nowhere.

Bradley Leach

I honestly like Lindelof's style of play, yes he's a bit rough around the edges but hes only young, I think if he and Bailly can get some consistent game time together with Tony at RB as an experienced head at the back (I'm hoping we sign a new left back) then I think we could be looking at a seriously strong centre back partnership.

Look back on United centre back partnerships of old:
Bruce and Palister (if this is wrong don't judge me I'm only 19)
Rio and Vidic
Two world class centre halves, one always a ball playing centre half and one 'hard man', now we decide to play Smalling and jones, we might as well start Laurel and Hardy at the back, yes they're alright as backups but to start Premier League and Champions league games is ridiculous.

Give it 2 seasons and Lindelof and Bailly will be 2 of the best centre backs in the world, that's if Jose lets them work together

Reactions: Grinner

simmee

I looked them up too, Lindelof was the one standing off him. Vela was in the middle taking dangerous shots at goal, he wasnt out wide shooting from nowhere.
You are just blatantly lying at this point. The first one and the second one he is not even the closest swedish player and he is covering for a pass. The third one he puts enough pressure for Vela to sky his shot.

Ekeke

You are just blatantly lying at this point. The first one and the second one he is not even the closest swedish player and he is covering for a pass. The third one he puts enough pressure for Vela to sky his shot.
His passive defending leads to the first Vela shot and the other one I'm talking about he once again backs off.

Not sure what's better? Not watching the game and just being stubborn and refusing to back down, or to have actually watched it and still hold that opinion.

I watched two of the three Sweden games and he was been good in them both.

A-man

Lindelöf on Swedish television right now.
Wants Sweden to be more careful when they have the ball and not lose it. Make better decisions when they have the ball.
Body feels very good, head tired. His feet have taken damage.

Halftrack

Imagine hating one of your own players so much you resort to just inventing reasons to criticise them. Bloody hell.

Deawin

This thread is just sad. Did anyone of you actually watch the Mexico games? Or has any knowledge about how Sweden put up their defence and tactics?
Caue saying he was bad in the last game is just wrong, nothing more to say about it!
You are 100% just hating cause you wanted Varane, Hummels etc. and when he was signed you decided to hate the player from the start and now your sticking to it no matter how he plays.

Ekeke

This thread is just sad. Did anyone of you actually watch the Mexico games? Or has any knowledge about how Sweden put up their defence and tactics?
Caue saying he was bad in the last game is just wrong, nothing more to say about it!
You are 100% just hating cause you wanted Varane, Hummels etc. and when he was signed you decided to hate the player from the start and now your sticking to it no matter how he plays.
Can you point out who said he was bad?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Still has not answered the question.
That's because he hasn't, it's clear enough. If your first instinct in the player performance thread is so to post stats then it's clear as day that the person hasn't watched the match.

Ekeke

This forum can be so weird sometimes.

People who haven't read my posts and claiming that I've said something I havent, asking if I've watched the match I'm talking about. Granted most of those people were on ignore beforehand and theres always room for more.

Just to recap since nobody could be bothered to read, I'll try one last time with a refresher on what I have already said. I thought Lindelof was decent but disagreed with people who thought he was "great", citing the fact he gave the ball away a lot with his passing and some passive defending where he stood off players leading to some shots. I thought Granqvist was better. And I laughed at someone posting stats that said he had 100% tackle success when he made 1 single tackle.

I don't hate Lindelof and unlike a lot of people here I do actually watch football matches. Having done that I'm yet to see something that suggests Lindelof should be at a top club instead of a mid table one. But I hope he does show me next season because theres a place in the team next to Smalling up for grabs.

simmee

This forum can be so weird sometimes.

People who haven't read my posts and claiming that I've said something I havent, asking if I've watched the match I'm talking about. Granted most of those people were on ignore beforehand and theres always room for more.

Just to recap since nobody could be bothered to read, I'll try one last time with a refresher on what I have already said. I thought Lindelof was decent but disagreed with people who thought he was "great", citing the fact he gave the ball away a lot with his passing and some passive defending where he stood off players leading to some shots. I thought Granqvist was better. And I laughed at someone posting stats that said he had 100% tackle success when he made 1 single tackle.

I don't hate Lindelof and unlike a lot of people here I do actually watch football matches. Having done that I'm yet to see something that suggests Lindelof should be at a top club instead of a mid table one. But I hope he does show me next season because theres a place in the team next to Smalling up for grabs.
You made up that his passive defending led to shots from Vela and your understanding of football and tactics is laughable (at best).

Threatening anyone that disagrees with you with ignore just shows you don't know what you're taking about.

Ekeke

You made up that his passive defending led to shots from Vela and your understanding of football and tactics is laughable (at best).

Threatening anyone that disagrees with you with ignore just shows you don't know what you're taking about.
Its not a threat. Its a function of this website which I will use right about now

JustAGuest

I wonder whether some people in here have decided that he is already a flop, and won't change their minds no matter what.

I think he has been really good in these two games. Breaking the lines with passes that I have not seen him play at United, and with solid defending to add to it. Sweden's defense is arguably one of the best at the World Cup, and Lindelöf is an important part of it.

Kevin_

Thoughts on how he has played so far?
Find it hard to judge him. Hasn’t stood out but at the same time hasn’t really needed to just yet.

Nick7

We'd be looking at Granqvist whilst doing it though. Lindelof had a good game himself but once again Granqvist was the best player on the pitch
Mostly saying that because we were linked to him for a year or so before signing him. No doubt we would have been linked with him this summer and going crazy over him.

Fredrik.A

Nah Lindelöf was better than Granqvist in this game. Involved in the goal and so composed. Just look at the ratings in swedish press. A 5/5 performance for me.

simmee

Good game by Lindelöf. Started the move that lead to the goal as well.
Made a great tackle and pass that led to the chance that Ekdal missed in the first half as well. He is brilliant for Sweden!

gr3yham3

Good for Lindelof to be playing well and gaining confidence. Still think he can be our future first choice CB if be keeps developing. Love his attitude to bounce back after his poor start with us.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Better player than Rojo that's for sure.

marlowe78

He hasn't gotten playing time with us, even after having a good game, so I don't know how we can expect him to excel. IMO he should've started the cup final in a 3 after having a prior good performance against Chelsea.

Still think he might be a dark horse as holding MF with his passing ability. Doubt he could ever be like Carrick but can be something along those lines.

Halftrack

We'd be looking at Granqvist whilst doing it though. Lindelof had a good game himself but once again Granqvist was the best player on the pitch
He's 33. People would be impressed, but Lindelöf would be the one everyone wanted.

AshRK

He deserves his chance. I would have him and bailly be our first choice pairing. Smalling, jones and rojo all have had their chances and all have disappointed.

tomaldinho1

I think you're falling into the trap of seeing a player win some towering headers and assuming he's better than a player who didn't. In the same way people see a player make an awesome sliding tackle and immediately think he's a great defender. I thought Lindeloff was tidy all round the park, strong defensively and actually took on some players, including starting the move for the only goal of the game.

Not saying Granqvist had a bad game but why was he better than Lindeloff?

Status
Not open for further replies.