Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

el3mel

Mwah not too sure. Fellaini keeps surprising our own fans who always write him off, but he cant playbas a CDM while Matic can.
That's the point. Fellaini isn't a DMF by nature and he lacks discipline and position awareness. He provides better assistance upfront on the pitch.

Anyway, back to Lindelof.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Only caught the highlights but I'm reminded of a decent segment of Benfica fans not being too down about his transfer

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Judging from a fitness/friendly game he's a wannabe midfielder.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Massively exposed and will be lucky if he's not sold to Watford in the January transfer window.

obviously joking

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Already out to get him? I think I've already said this before we signed him. He is very similar to Bonucci and like Bonucci he will struggle a lot until he gets used to our system. It took Bonucci quite a few months to get used to Juventus.

Still this is preseason and you're just overreacting.

Litch

Not sure if my assessment of him is right and it's early days but I think we have an absolute bargain.

Rojofiam

People already speaking about a new player in pre-season like he's a flop...you never learn, do you?

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Bailly was much more at fault for our first goal than Lindelöf. By the time Lindelöf had to pick up dos Santos, the latter was already in stride and it's very hard for a defender to keep his balance and stand the guy up. Bailly didn't take care of his area of the pitch and by doing so allowed that dangerous pass to happen in the first place. Sure, Lindelöf didn't look good, but it wasn't that an easy situation to handle.

For the second goal, he could've handled the situation better.

But he also showed some promise, particularly on the ball.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
They're instructed not to be physical in Pre-season games.
Yeah I know but he got turned pretty badly and gave up for the first one, the second goal he had no clue where to be on set pieces. Early days but those are the things Jose scrutinizes players for, especially center backs.

NinjaFletch

He got turned a bit easily for their first, but it's telling that Caf darling Eric Bailly has got no criticism whatsoever in his thread for letting his man run off him whilst Lindelof has got pelters.

At the end of the day it's the first pre-season match, we play these games to get the rustiness out of the system. Criticising performances in pre-season is absolutely fecking daft.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He is a foreigner whose keeping 2 brits on the bench. He cant expect a lot of sympathy from the local united fans

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I agree except he reminds me Kimpembe from PSG and like the frenchman even if he deserves to be starter, he'll be on the bench because he comes from the academy...
Great talent.

togg

I think we need to be patient with him. I reckon he's going to be one of those players that might take a little longer to adjust to the more aggressive PL and faster pace. However, he looked good on the ball which is something we need.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
It's amazing how much criticism is being thrown at Victor already. It's pre-season lads calm down.

Von Mistelroum

Yikes! Watched the match finally and he looked quite out of place. Hopefully it was just a jittery start :/

Prodigy24

I thought he was quite good until they scored their two goals. Their first goal was not entirely his fault though, Bailly had a massive part in it. But I'm not going to judge him on his first pre season game.

Sultan

He is a foreigner whose keeping 2 brits on the bench. He cant expect a lot of sympathy from the local united fans
Jones and Smalling would have been sold by Sunday by the local media and fans.

Sultan

Let's not get too hung up on a fitness game. We'd do well to remember Vidic and Evra's debuts. Start analysing after a dozen games.

arthurka

Looked really mediocre.. But first game and nothing to really judge him by..

D2Z

Supports
Undercover "Chelsea fan" ;)
Typical performance by him.

When I was mentioning how he is.... i got attacked by nonwatchers.

evil_geko

Are people seriously writing him off after one half of his first pre-season game here? Bloody hell, this place sometimes.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
After one half of football.
He isnt world class and we have already very good defenders with Bailly, Rojo, Jones, Smalling, Blind and Tuanzebe who's on the rise. His signing doesnt make much sense as I dont think he'll raise our defence to another level sadly. That being said, he can still develop into an excellent defender for us I hope, but wasnt exactly necessary.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
He isnt world class and we have already very good defenders with Bailly, Rojo, Jones, Smalling, Blind and Tuanzebe who's on the rise. His signing doesnt make much sense as I dont think he'll raise our defence to another level sadly. That being said, he can still develop into an excellent defender for us I hope, but wasnt exactly necessary.
Well luckily for him our scouts and manager disagree with you and also luckily for him he is still young.

Johan77

Bailly was more at fault for the first goal, didn't follow his man. Difficult to defend against a sharp turn like that. Have to give credit to the goalscorer. Second goal, yeah, should have at least jumped but he wasn't the only player around the ball. You guys are too harsh.
Spot on about the first goal.
On the second it looks like he didn't jump for the ball because the other United-player "covered it". And no, I'm not biased because I'm swedish.
Great with the ball at his feet right from the start though, and a couple of offensive runs that we haven't seen for a few years. He likes to have the ball and read the game very well. He has never played in a 3-man defence before were he should be the leader (playing center of the 3), in a new club of United's size, not easy in 45 minutes and 6 days of training...

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I still don't really know why we signed a defender tbh (unless it was a left back) I'm not writing him off or anything but our defence wasn't really an issue last season goal scoring was

I'd have been more than happy with Bailly and rojo as centrebacks long term with blind filling in until rojo is fit.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
The consensus on here appears to be that he will start the season with Bailly as first choice and we can sell Smalling and Jones as soon possible so was i interested to see him in action for the first time. I'm not going to judge him after 45 minutes, he did some things well other's he was poor. Early days.

Status
Not open for further replies.