Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxbatt

They played very well against Leicester. Lets see how they play in the next game. Lindelof has played against top quality opposition and played well. Eric's only problem is that he switches off at crucial times.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Mourinho:
'We have five central defenders, all of them have different qualities and we have to read the situation match by match, but of course Victor is the youngest one so has more space to develop and improve,'
'Technically Victor is good. I am 'punishing' him a little bit because I play him on the left side. He is better on the right side but so are the others and my option is to put him on the left because technically he is the best so he is the one that can compensate the fact it's not his real position.
'He's an intelligent guy, very humble, wants to learn, wants to work. And yes I expect this season to be better than last season,' said Mourinho.

'I expect him to feel more comfortable in the Premier League. If you remember, he had good matches last season in the Champions League, in Lisbon, in Moscow. It looked like he was more ready for continental football. But he's a young guy and has conditions to improve. I believe in Victor.'

eams conway

They played very well against Leicester. Lets see how they play in the next game. Lindelof has played against top quality opposition and played well. Eric's only problem is that he switches off at crucial times.
Surely that's the worst thing to be his only problem ? If we had 2 top full backs then our centre backs wouldn't be so stretched at times but we don't and they will

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
True, I actually think his worst performances, when he did play poorly, were against lower half teams last season.

klsv

Definitely not the end product we're seeing yet, has lot to improve, but the ammount of people here who were wishing we'd sell him this summer was mind boggling.

Nero

Definitely not the end product we're seeing yet, has lot to improve, but the ammount of people here who were wishing we'd sell him this summer was mind boggling.
Not to mention the amount wishing him gone after he had played 5 games.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Good to see him starting again, and with the same centre back in Bailly. Hoping for another solid performance.
He struggled a bit last season against teams in the lower half, two solid performances in a row would be a really good boost for his confidence.

Brighton 3:2 Man Utd

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
If the Premier League is played at 100mph Lindelof plays as 80mph. Looked totally off the pace. He’s been a season in England and he still looks like he can’t cope with the pace of the game. Only took Vida a few months...

the_irish123

Its funny how £40m, £50m players are all below the pace, mediocre, bad etc..

Maybe we need to start looking at the real issue. We chose 3 outdated coaches. We badly need a 40 year old latin coach like Silva, Gracia, etc

NinjaFletch

Thought last week was something to build on for him, but we're back to last seasons form.

Don't think he's good enough, don't think he's improved, don't think he should be playing.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Looked abject in his first pre-season and he's not progressed one iota since then. I'd much rather Rojo be in the team than this fraud, and I think Rojo is absolute turd himself.

Bobski

Soft, looks great until he has to do some actual defending.

ROFLUTION

His placement for the 3rd goal is so insane. Stands at the very left of the field and then gets back to the centre waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too late.

He sucks. Get rid. Fast.

Roboc7

Soft and weak, doesn’t look suited to the premier league.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Soft is the best word to describe him. It feck all to do with whether he’s LCB or otherwise. He’s just not physical or quick enough. Playing him alongside Bailly is just madness

simmee

His placement for the 3rd goal is so insane. Stands at the very left of the field and then gets back to the centre waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too late.

He sucks. Get rid. Fast.
His placement was for the goal kick, was a stupid pass by De Gea. But yeah, he was to slow closing the gap to Bailly and it wasn't the only time he failed to do that unfortunately.

Devil may care

He was very poor, not as bad as Bailly, but very poor, just a yard behind everything that was going on most of the time.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Years later, you will look back and reminisce "remember when we had lindelöf and bailly starting for us in central defence?"

Prodigy24

He looks very nervous and scared for a player that is supposedly very good with the ball on his feet. Terrible in the first half but played better in the second. Still not good enough though.

ZlatMan

I think he should only play with Smalling. He's far less rash and more cool headed than Bailly. He can use his strengths on the ball more effectively that way.

Eugenius

He doesn’t sense danger and is so ponderous and reactive. And physically looks no stronger than Blind. Think we should cut our losses. Bailly was a trainwreck next to him but you can see a player in there somewhere. I don’t know what Lindelof is actually good at.

A-man

Really poor first half, decent second. But it is just one game and he has been good for most matches since December so i think it’ll turn out well. To be honest the whole team (with Shaw as the exception) looked at the same poor level today. Defence poor in first half, both from CB, full backs and midfield, no cooperation whatsoever. Offensive midfield a disaster. Zero chances created the last 90 minutes. This is a match everybody except maybe Luke Shaw should forget.

A-man

He looks very nervous and scared for a player that is supposedly very good with the ball on his feet. Terrible in the first half but played better in the second. Still not good enough though.
How do you mean? This is the part I think he was successful at today. Even after his mistake at the first goal he stayed very calm and cool with the ball. When he was in pressed situations he did I his player and passed the ball.

Last edited:

Ekeke

He doesn’t sense danger and is so ponderous and reactive. And physically looks no stronger than Blind. Think we should cut our losses. Bailly was a trainwreck next to him but you can see a player in there somewhere. I don’t know what Lindelof is actually good at.
I dont think any of our CBs really sense danger except Smalling. Our midfielders arent particularly good at it either except Ander.

James Peril

It’s not that he’s soft, weak, slow or scared, or whatever, it’s just that he isn’t good enough. Thrives for Sweden with no pressure and a defensive mentality, but being a defender for United is something else. Great defenders are leaders, they’re smarter than the attackers, see what space is attacked before the ball comes in... Lindelöf is reactionary, that’s why he is always on th backfoot and struggle for us. Very mediocre defender, perhaps not even Premier League-standard, get rid from the XI asap!

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
One thing I will give him - in these last two games I've finally seen signs of that ball-playing defender that he's supposed to be. Last season he showed pretty much nothing in regards to that, but his on the ball ability has been better so far.

I think he should only play with Smalling. He's far less rash and more cool headed than Bailly. He can use his strengths on the ball more effectively that way.
It was noticeable that that was the case last season. I think there was one match with somebody else, but otherwise Lindelof only played when he had Smalling next to him (either in a two or three man defence). Even early in the season when Mourinho was trying out different combinations to find the one to go with, Smalling was always used whenever Lindelof got a game. I think that relative stability helped with Lindelof's improvement as the season wore on.

Eugenius

I dont think any of our CBs really sense danger except Smalling. Our midfielders arent particularly good at it either except Ander.
Jones is good. Makes a lot of interceptions.

The Murray goal was a joke. Obvious to anyone with a brain where the danger was and how to stop it.

A-man

It’s not that he’s soft, weak, slow or scared, or whatever, it’s just that he isn’t good enough. Thrives for Sweden with no pressure and a defensive mentality, but being a defender for United is something else. Great defenders are leaders, they’re smarter than the attackers, see what space is attacked before the ball comes in... Lindelöf is reactionary, that’s why he is always on th backfoot and struggle for us. Very mediocre defender, perhaps not even Premier League-standard, get rid from the XI asap!
Compared to United, Sweden play offensive football :) Anyways, I think that popular analysis that it is something totally different to play for United than for Sweden is nonsense. Of course it is different in some aspects, for example Sweden have less star players, etc. But when it comes to pressure, simply not true. Playing for the national team in WC is bugger than Brighton away. One main difference however, who benefit Lindelof in the national team howecer, ist the fact that Sweden are superior when it comes to tacticts. They have a plan and stick to it.
Today it seemed like there was no plan nor any tacticts and nobody knew what to do. Could be all the new players and xi (new cb pair, new midfield) in combo with the fact that it was the second match of the season, but still there seemed to be no team work what so ever. Every part of the team was isolated.

marktan

He's a midfielder playing in defence. Good on the ball but he doesn't have any defensive instinct at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.