Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Is it safe to say he's been one of our best players this season? Top 5 for sure; maybe top 3.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
That statement makes me happy. 'Still mad about last night' - that's the spirit! Not settling for anything less than the best.

He will keep improving the lad.

Jones went to cover the wing because Shaw was caught out. Shaw then came in to cover Jones and was on Barnes (?). Lindelof for no reason decided to abandon Woods leaving him wide open to mark the same man as Shaw. It isn't a 2v1 situation, its a 3v3 until Lindelof decides to feck off for no reason.

How you've came out of that blaming Jones is baffling. He is about the only player on that play doing the right thing.
Shaw and Matic lost Barnes and Lindelof moved over to cover. He actually passes Woods off to Young who takes 2 or 3 seconds to react and actually move over, by which time it's too late. That's not Lindelof's fault.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Is it safe to say he's been one of our best players this season? Top 5 for sure; maybe top 3.
IMO, it's been Pogba, Rashford and him in no particular order. I think my ratings could change by the end of the season due to how well Herrera's playing though.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
EDIT: Actually I don't even think you can blame Young either, since he also had another man he was watching.
Nah, if Young has two players to deal with he has to go for the one closest to our goal. He reacted too late, simple as that.

LazyRed-Ninja

Dutchman, who could have chosen any tagline.
He scored the goal and showed the fight and mentality to inmediately run back to score a winner in stead of celebrating his first goal for the club. Last season i wrote that the second season will be important to him and he is developing in a good rate. Still has areas to improve but there is no denying that he made good strides and progression.

Revan

Assumptionman
Pogba and De Gea have been the best. Would say that after them you have Rashford, Martial, Herrera and Lindeloff playing around the same level.

A-man

If we look at the whole season, Lindelof has been the best player for imo. Looking at the team since OGS came in, it is Pogba and DDG. Then Rashford, Lindelof, Herrera and Martial just behind.

A-man

Anybody else noticed how Lindelof seems be pretty good at instead of blocking a shot, he leaves room for the shot to go to DDG:s side? He gives the attacking player a small room for shooting, knowing that the best shot stopper in the world will take care of it.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He has been for the last 3 months. He wasn't particularly good in the first 2 months though. Better than he was last season, but still not good.

Although I guess we don't have anybody who has been good all season, so he probably has been one of our best overall.

simpandenstore

Anybody else noticed how Lindelof seems be pretty good at instead of blocking a shot, he leaves room for the shot to go to DDG:s side? He gives the attacking player a small room for shooting, knowing that the best shot stopper in the world will take care of it.
Yeah, i've noticed that too. Thats why many people says he is passive in defence and not agressive enough, but he actually cover one side and leaves a space open for De Gea to see the ball instead of throwing himself in and blocking his vision, and the possibility to shoot between his legs which many players trying to do because thats so hard for keepers to read.

OldPop

Yes, I noticed that too, it didn't look like a coincidence but was certainly a tactical decision by him. He rarely seems to do anything by chance, not even in crowded situations. To be such a young player, he seems unusually wise.

Dante

Average bang
He's really improved his aggression in one-on-one duels since Ole/Phelan came in. It's great to see.

All that's lacking is the ability to sniff out danger proactively rather than waiting for it to happen. It the thing that marks out average defenders from top defenders and Lindelof isn't there yet.

Siviz

Supports
Swansea
Current captain of the Swedish national team. Got all the attributes to be a United captain one day, or at the very least be a leader at the back.
Granqvist is the current captain of the Swedish national team, not Lindelof. Could be the next one though.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Amazing so many people saying he was great again. We conceded 2 at home to a poor side, 1 of which was Lindelof's fault. Great that he made up for it with a late leveller but this forum are totally blinkered with this player. Had that been Smalling who left Wood for the second he'd have been hung drawn and quartered.

I'm still not convinced on Lindelof personally. He's obviously improved since he first joined but I still don't think he's a top player or ever will be

lex talionis

Count me in as one of the doubters here on Lindelof, but he's come through brilliantly this season and is without any question one of the first names on the squad sheet.

Could we even go so far as to say that he's been good enough for a hypothetical PL XI consideration, at least up until now?

ravi2

Amazing so many people saying he was great again. We conceded 2 at home to a poor side, 1 of which was Lindelof's fault. Great that he made up for it with a late leveller but this forum are totally blinkered with this player. Had that been Smalling who left Wood for the second he'd have been hung drawn and quartered.

I'm still not convinced on Lindelof personally. He's obviously improved since he first joined but I still don't think he's a top player or ever will be
I think he was good and once he is paired with a seasoned CB like a Koulibaly type he will truly shine.
I am of the opinion that virtually anyone will look like crap if they are paired with Jones.

Halftrack

He left Wood to pick up Barnes, obviously thinking Young would take his place next to Wood. It's a completely understandable decision given the situation.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Hes looking like a top prospect now and he’s still very young. If he keeps improving he’ll be a beast in his late 20s. Calm and good on the ball. I think Smalling is probably going to be the best partner for him currently but he’s been our best CB this season. That’s some improvement!

MAME DIOUF 32

I'm still not totally convinced he's the man to help us win Champions Leagues but he is absolutely good enough to play in this current side and has a solid case to be considered our best defender. An excellent turnaround.

haram

I'm still not totally convinced he's the man to help us win Champions Leagues but he is absolutely good enough to play in this current side and has a solid case to be considered our best defender. An excellent turnaround.
Liverpool went to to final with Lovren/Gomez playing next to VVD. We need to buy a top defender to partner Lindelof.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
He left Wood to pick up Barnes, obviously thinking Young would take his place next to Wood. It's a completely understandable decision given the situation.
So he was partly at fault then? Thanks for clarifying my point.

AgentP

If that is your standard, then only De Gea and Pogba are good enough.

simmee

And if he had picked up Wood instead and Barnes scored you would've blamed him for that. But everyone else here are like toootally blinkered...

He made the correct decision. At least when he goes for Barnes there's a chance Young can pick up Wood, if he picks up Wood there's no possibility for anyone picking up Barnes.

Maagge

Nah, at that point it's a calculated risk. You don't know whether the ball will fall to Barnes or Wood. Lindelöf rightly went to Barnes because Young had time to get to Wood (if he reacted quickly enough). Shaw, Jones or whoever wouldn't have made it to Barnes in time. The only way of having a chance of covering both was for Lindelöf to go to Barnes and hope Young had read the situation quickly enough.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Nah, if Young has two players to deal with he has to go for the one closest to our goal. He reacted too late, simple as that.

We're trying to blame the defence, when the problem started because the midfield let our defence totally exposed to several 1-on-1 situations.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
He's definitely experiencing some Januzaj hype here is old Victor. Can do no wrong it seems. Had Smalling done that he'd have been absolutely crucified on here. The hypocrisy is ridiculous.

I just watched us concede 2 goals at home yet again this time to the 17th best team and he was definitely partly at fault for that second goal.

He's improved from the shocking displays of his first season for sure but he's still a long way off convincing me. We look likely to concede nearly every game. It's not all on Jones n Bailly even though some like to foolishly think it is.

Maagge

He's definitely experiencing some Januzaj hype here is old Victor. Can do no wrong it seems. Had Smalling done that he'd have been absolutely crucified on here. The hypocrisy is ridiculous.

I just watched us concede 2 goals at home yet again this time to the 17th best team and he was definitely partly at fault for that second goal.

He's improved from the shocking displays of his first season for sure but he's still a long way off convincing me. We look likely to concede nearly every game. It's not all on Jones n Bailly even though some like to foolishly think it is.
Address the point I and @simmee put forth above, please, instead of just moving on to something else when you're shown up.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

:lol: What a load of bollox.

"Januzaj hype" could only apply to a player who starts off brilliantly and gets people so giddy it takes them ages to realise that actually he might not be the world beater we all want him to be. See also "Anderson hype".

If you want to compare the "hype" around Lindelof to anyone, Patrice Evra would be a much better analogy. Starts off so badly that any praise he ends up getting is given grudgingly - often much later than deserved - and retracted the instant he puts a foot wrong by people who wrote him off months ago and hate the thought of being proven wrong (see above).

Zoo

Some people wrote him off too quickly and instead of accepting they may have been wrong they’d rather just double down with their criticism. Comparing him to Januzaj now :rolleyes:

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Address the point I and @simmee put forth above, please, instead of just moving on to something else when you're shown up.
Shown up? He's not Rio Ferdinand mark II my friend. That would be when I'm shown up. Right now he's a mediocre defender. Nothing more. He's improved but the way you lot are talking on here is that we've found our new CB maestro when in truth we still look so shakey at the back.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Some people wrote him off too quickly and instead of accepting they may have been wrong they’d rather just double down with their criticism. Comparing him to Januzaj now :rolleyes:
He's starting most weeks for a team that can't defend very well. He's going to get stick like the rest of them.

Personally I think he's quite suspect in the air and not that quick either. Reasonably good on the ball I will admit but he's a long way off a top class CB. Some fans on here have short memories I think.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford

You've embarrassed yourself.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Shown up? He's not Rio Ferdinand mark II my friend. That would be when I'm shown up. Right now he's a mediocre defender. Nothing more. He's improved but the way you lot are talking on here is that we've found our new CB maestro when in truth we still look so shakey at the back.
Almost as though it takes more than one defender playing well to have an effective defence...

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
You've embarrassed yourself.
Where would you put him in the list of CB's we've had since the PL started then?

I haven't said he's terrible have I? I said he's improved which he has but he's not deserving of this hype. We still look vulnerable in defence.

Which top club would be knocking on our door to sign him right now if they could?

Status
Not open for further replies.