Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoo

If only Rashford could have taken that chance. Lindelof showed what he can do breaking the lines.

podurban2

Loved just now Ole went up to him and yelled “Victor!”. He will be a nailed starter, happy for him.
He obviously looks better at RCB as well.
Took Ole and Phelan one day to figure that out.

haram

Loved just now Ole went up to him and yelled “Victor!” (in accent. He will be a nailed starter, happy for him.

Took Ole and Phelan one day to figure that out.
I think Jose knew as well, the other players who can play at LCB are Jones and Rojo and they’re always injured.

shr89

He is never a low block defender, today we saw the result of playing him in a team that defends aggressively and on the front foot. Early days but Ole's tactics will definitely suit him a lot more and we might see the best of him now.

Stadjer

Some of those runs forward! It didnt really show until now but he really does have some ball playing ability! His defending was also good today, one of the best on the pitch.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Fecking sensational. Still lacks a bit physically, and I think Zohore was very difficult for him. On the whole, he was very confident and commanded it back there.

Hephaestus

Now play

Bailly - Lindelöf - Rojo

& allow Lindelöf to roam like a madman covered by 2 prison guards.
I'd rather not change a system that produced that performance. Just make sure whoever partners him is alert if he moves into midfield along with Matic dropping back and we'll be golden as is.

SirAF

Ageist
This guy is pretty good, and to think everyone wrote him off a year ago!

Red Stone

Jesus feck, he was the business today. Given freedom to bomb forward and express himself and he just looks like a completely different player.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He was like a man possessed today, very well done Victor. Shame he didn't get the assist but that pass was lovely.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Quite a polished performance, you can see why he was so highly rated. His best quality send to come out in a more positive minded team.

Other than the one miscommunication where he played the striker off while Jones played him on, he was faultless.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Incredible today. Jones was excellent as well, but Lindelof specifically. Had so much criticism during his time here, but playing for a team on the front foot for the first time, a team that is trying to assert themselves as the dominant team in the game and really play with pace and press high up the pitch and he gives a brilliant performance. Keep it up. I do think he needs to bulk up to really be a dominant center back for us, but he's shown he's capable of it.

Prongsy

The more he plays in a system which lets him lead, be it with the ball or just defending the shape and line and what not, the better we'd be rewarded. I dont mind what Jose did last year waiting him out early on, but I think he obviously missed a trick by not playing him slightly more in other tournaments and what not, than he did (he did play a lot of UCL but)

Ekeke

No need to shit on Jones, thought he was excellent as well.
He was. Did the most defensively, did well going forward like Lindelof. Lindelof had the great move to put Rashford through but Jones made better use of the ball overall. 5 long balls, 5 found their target. Lindelof 8 and 1.

The United

This guy is pretty good, and to think everyone wrote him off a year ago!
Well to use this kind of player in Jose's system made people think that way. It is hard to look good and get everything right 100% when you are on back foot all the time.

I still think he needs to improve in the air but the way he plays is how he should be used in most games especially against weak teams.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Fantastic today. Transformation complete. Since the Juve games he has been easily our best defenfer.

Sterling Archer

No need to shit on Jones, thought he was excellent as well.
I've basically said Lindelof looked much better of the two today. I can't help comparing them - Jones has been here forever it seems and today Lindelof came across as the commanding leader at the back despite the shorter and more tentative tenure.

Not really anything to fret about.

Walters_19_MuFc

Aggressive from the off today. Constant front foot defending and held a high line well with Jones. Got caught out a couple of times, with the fresh legged Zahore coming on, but recovered well.

Also really liked the way he ran out with the ball. Needs to do more of it.

Good performance.

Ekeke

I've basically said Lindelof looked much better of the two today. I can't help comparing them - Jones has been here forever it seems and today Lindelof came across as the commanding leader at the back despite the shorter and more tentative tenure.

Not really anything to fret about.
If he was the commanding leader at the back how come Jones did all the defending?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
One great piece of play bringing the ball forward and one or two other decent ones. Jones did the majority of the defending and Lindelof did have 1 moment where he tried to play his attacker offside on the halfway line and it led to Zohore getting an attempt on goal that De Gea had to deal with.

He also played 8 long balls with 1 finding their target. So he ended up with the lowest passing percentage of our outfield players with 76.6%

Some were fine for players to chase after, some others werent so good.
This guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.