Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fussmeister

He and Maguire had a good game. Not awesome like some say. Not shit like others.

People should use their energy on something else :)

And i am starting to change my mind. He is pretty fast.

lets enjoy the last games and take the CL spot

Ekeke

So now I've watched the game I can comment on his performance against Palace

Lindelof mistake 39 mins giving the ball to Ayew just outside the box who tests De Gea

43 mins we have the Zaha penalty claim against Lindelof. Before the replay it looked like a penalty, with the replays I do think Lindelof just about nicks the ball with his left foot before taking Zaha down. However at half time the former ref said that if you get the ball and the player its a foul and should be a penalty.
If it is rightly a penalty, then its a close one and he would have been a bit unlucky to have it given and he is lucky because it wasnt. Could go either way

2nd half
89 mins and Zaha runs onto a loose ball going in behind our defense. Lindelof is lead footed as Zaha makes up the ground to get to the ball first and De Gea saved. Maguire wouldnt have got across any quicker, point is neither of them have the pace to recover a situation like that

Everything else was basic defending which he did absolutely fine.

2nd game in a row where he's engaged more with trying to win the ball, like against Southampton I'm happy about that because if we look at those 2 matches in isolation rather than over the course of the season or his United career, he's done well again.

That said 1 more mistake early on that could have been punished by Ayew in the first half. And I think he was clearly better against Southampton because its not just that he was winning the ball more than usual, but he made some very important clearances and defensive contributions to help defend. Against Palace he just did what you would expect any CB to do.

Foxbatt

Making an unforced error or a player making a mistake under pressure are two different things.
A good striker will force defenders to make mistakes. They will get beaten too. Lindelof is not the biggest issue for us right now. He is a dependable defender. He is not among the world class CBs but still he is a good CB.

mu4c_20le

Completely schooled by Giroud and the glare from De Gea would've been funny if he hadn't dropped a clanger himself right after the break.

Litch

Think he's ok but this isn't a good partnership. They are too similar.....

el3mel

Unfortunately fecked it up for the first goal. Weirdly let Giroud get past him with no efforts. Really poor.

Art

Art the artist
We'll never win the premier league with this CB pairing. You need consistent performances from your centerbacks. Lindelof and Maguire are consistently error prone.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Offers nothing other than the ability to stay fit.

What was he pointing at while he let Mount have a free shot at goal?

Ashish Negi

At best squad player, should not be starting week and week out if we challenging for title

A-man

Soft, passive.

Did alright driving forward with the ball at times, shows more urgency doing that than his partner.
Exactly how I saw it as well. Played well in the 3 back line, but after Bailly’s injury he became more passive and looked a bit tired (like more or less all United players). Reacted too late for the goal. The positive, he was good at playing through the line and also at driving the ball forward.

simmee

Exactly how I saw it as well. Played well in the 3 back line, but after Bailly’s injury he became more passive and looked a bit tired (like more or less all United players). Reacted too late for the goal. The positive, he was good at playing through the line and also at driving the ball forward.
Thought the defense looked really good in a back 3. Then for the goal everyone just seemed confused and switched off after Bailly was injured. After that the team just never recovered. Probably a big factor to that was De Gea starting the 2nd half with his major blunder.

izec

Poor for the goal but if we need to replace a CB, it's not him.
He will get replaced though. Cheaper and cant head to save his life. Maguire is equally shit, but he was more expensive and wins headers. Both are slow and error prone though

A-man

Thought the defense looked really good in a back 3. Then for the goal everyone just seemed confused and switched off after Bailly was injured. After that the team just never recovered. Probably a big factor to that was De Gea starting the 2nd half with his major blunder.
Yes the 3 at the back worked very well. They are 3 CBs who like to drive the ball forward and when they are 3 they have more freedom to do so. Also looked solid defensively. And as you say, the first minutes after the injury they looked confused, all of them including the fullbacks.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Is Lindelof any better than Johnny Evans? I have asked the question before and I am asking it again. Cos it feels like repeatedly over the past few years we've sold players and replaced them with players that are no better. The way he lets people get across him is criminal. Vardy will be licking his lips at the prospect of a near post run in front of him.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Is Lindelof any better than Johnny Evans? I have asked the question before and I am asking it again. Cos it feels like repeatedly over the past few years we've sold players and replaced them with players that are no better. The way he lets people get across him is criminal. Vardy will be licking his lips at the prospect of a near post run in front of him.
Nope, he isn't.

mu4c_20le

Should've just kept Blind, if we needed a left footed ball playing cb. Thanks Jose.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I've always said he needs to be replaced in the first 11 but he's having a better season than Maguire IMO.

Devil may care

A squad player masquerading as a starter, not been much worse than Maguire since the restart though.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
A squad player masquerading as a starter, not been much worse than Maguire since the restart though.
Not even a squad player. David May and Henning Berg were much better players, nevermind Stam and Johnsen. I can count the United centre backs I think Lindelof is better than. Sadly most of them besides William Prunier and Mikael Sylvestre were signed since 2013.

Devil may care

Not even a squad player. David May and Henning Berg were much better players, nevermind Stam and Johnsen. I can count the United centre backs I think Lindelof is better than. Sadly most of them besides William Prunier and Mikael Sylvestre were signed since 2013.
I'd argue the point but there's little to use in his defense, he's just very mediocre across the board of attributes, no real standout qualities.

ash_86

Don't know what makes him a defender. Can't defend, can't tackle, can't win an header. Absolutely horrendous defender and that's me being kind. Need to be sold ASAP

Lindeolf isn’t even better than Blind tbh.

el3mel

Not really, he has been definitely been head and shoulders better than Blind in CB for us.

Blind is just so overrated.

Today was a terrible match from him but it has been a one off since the restart. The rest of the matches he has been great.

Welbeckham

He obviously isn’t. Blind is heavily underrated as a CB. It was idiotic to let him go, because he was not only one of the best CBs we had at the time, but also the most intelligent and versatile player we had.

Status
Not open for further replies.