Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AR87

Apparently he wants to stay. And OGS wants him to stay. What you and I see from Lindelof are the matches. What the trainers, coach and staff see is every single training. Their job is to find out who are worth keeping and who are not, and the sooner the better. They have probably come to another conclusion regarding Lindelof than you have, and believe he is important to keep when building up a new team.
He also probably doesn't want to leave, just wants a bump since he's established himself as a starting XI player and only has a year guaranteed, with an option on another, left on his contract after this year.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Great news. Reads the game brilliantly, deceptively quick for a CB, and so calm in possession. The ideal partner for Maguire.

Suedesi

Victor has played recently, but my God some of you have really short memories. Wasn't it this time last year when Jamie Carragher took pity on him after his display against Spurs at OT?

"I can't really criticise Lindelof because it gets to the stage that he's so far out of his depth that you start to feel sorry for him."
Woodward tying up decent players with inflated contracts is nothing new I guess...

haram

Victor has played recently, but my God some of you have really short memories. Wasn't it this time last year when Jamie Carragher took pity on him after his display against Spurs at OT?

Woodward tying up decent players with inflated contracts is nothing new I guess...
Is Carragher some sort of genius who's opinion is fact?

ivaldo

He's been playing well for a good 9 months now. I mean, this run of form isn't a flash in the pan. He needed time to settle but some didn't want to give him time. And now he's proven he is an excellent player some dont want to let go of those hastily conceived summations.

Foxbatt

Didn't Vidic and Evra have a nightmare debut? I remember Evra got subbed. When Stam started playing everyone thought he was an average player who could never fit at United. My God some of you have short memories.

Suedesi

Didn't Vidic and Evra have a nightmare debut? I remember Evra got subbed. When Stam started playing everyone thought he was an average player who could never fit at United. My God some of you have short memories.
Lindelof has been at the club for two years, and has been distinctively average for one of them. Worthy of bumper contract!

Suedesi

He's been playing well for a good 9 months now. I mean, this run of form isn't a flash in the pan. He needed time to settle but some didn't want to give him time. And now he's proven he is an excellent player some dont want to let go of those hastily conceived summations.
He’s been one of the better players of a painfully mediocre defense that conceded 54 goals in the league - more than City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal, Wolves, Everton, Leicester City, Crystal Palace and Newcastle so don’t go talking about Lindelof like the second incarnation of Baresi.

But, I guess after rewarding Jones, Smalling, Ashley Young, Shaw, DDG with bumper contracts, I guess Lindelof is next.

How about Rojo and Darmian?

Hawks2008

If you look closely you’ll see a common theme with the posters who are slagging him off; they’re all huge Smalling fans who are upset that their boy Smalling has lost his place. In fact, there’s some of them polluting every thread regarding our defense with shite about Lindelöf not being good enough etc. It’s pathetic, but sadly some have weird biases and affiliations to players.
Some have just made their mind up about him, and others as you say are raging Smalling fanboys. You'd think he was prime Rio being benched the way some are seething about it, and now these people have moved to the 'Tuanzebe is better' camp :lol:

Agendas are everywhere.

Suedesi

Some have just made their mind up about him, and others as you say are raging Smalling fanboys. You'd think he was prime Rio being benched the way some are seething about it, and now these people have moved to the 'Tuanzebe is better' camp :lol:

Agendas are everywhere.
The overrating of our current players is ridiculous- how is it that we’ve got the best keeper in the world, the best left back in the league, two very solid CB’s and we leaked more goals than Crystal Palace and Newcastle last year? And Everton, Wolves and all other top 6 sides. There was an article of interest from Barça, so let’s give him a monster contract right now!

Truthfully speaking none of our defenders are fit to tie Rio-Vidic shoes and these deals feel like a slap in the face after the year our defense had.

Matst1

Awful player, positioning all over the place, poor in the air, great pass and that's it, every other defending aspect in his game is catastrophc, and he is very, very slow, like a snail. Smalling and Maguire will be great partners until Tuanzebe is ready
:lol: Are you not getting enough attention from the missus or something? Awful post.

haram

The overrating of our current players is ridiculous- how is it that we’ve got the best keeper in the world, the best left back in the league, two very solid CB’s and we leaked more goals than Crystal Palace and Newcastle last year? And Everton, Wolves and all other top 6 sides. There was an article of interest from Barça, so let’s give him a monster contract right now!

Truthfully speaking none of our defenders are fit to tie Rio-Vidic shoes and these deals feel like a slap in the face after the year our defense had.
Maybe because we don't have the best LB in the league and both AWB and Maguire were not playing for us last season.

SaintMuppet

One is a WC winner a EC winner and multiple CL titles plus many domestic ones. The other one has a lip full of snuss and sometimes looks like he is afraid of the ball. Its really not comparable.
One is/has been in one of the worlds top teams surrounded by the worlds top players and has been for years.

One hasn’t ...

nyanza

He’s been one of the better players of a painfully mediocre defense that conceded 54 goals in the league - more than City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal, Wolves, Everton, Leicester City, Crystal Palace and Newcastle so don’t go talking about Lindelof like the second incarnation of Baresi.
Harry Kane's been one of the better players of the freeflowing attacking side led by the genius Pochettino that scored 22 goals less than Liverpool, 28 less than City, 6 less than Arsenal and only two more than us having played half a season under Mourinho. Pretty shit player, eh?

Suedesi

Harry Kane's been one of the better players of the freeflowing attacking side led by the genius Pochettino that scored 22 goals less than Liverpool, 28 less than City, 6 less than Arsenal and only two more than us having played half a season under Mourinho. Pretty shit player, eh?
How many games did Kane miss due to injury, and how many did Son due to the Asian cup? That's a bollock analogy if I ever saw one.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything

I'm sure not many fans will compare the current partnership with Rio and Vidic.

There's no doubt Lindelof has a lot to prove, he was only the best defender out of a pretty mediocre and injury-prone group. The club seems to have addressed this with the signing of Maguire and A V Bissaka.

You're actually quoting stats from last season which is unfair on Lindelof. Let's judge Lindelof and Maguire partnership after a much larger sample of games. I do agree the club should hold off handing out another massive contract to Lindelof and see how the partnership develops.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He’s settled in, he’s the core to our new play style along with Harry and he’s insanely handsome. He’s also about to hit the prime years of his career and he’s had Barcelona sniffing around now that he’s proven he’s a proper footballer.

Tying him down is probably one of the best things we can do right now along with DDG.

I would personally wait a few months to see if he still looks as good next to Harry or he was just the prettiest in a group of ugly ones

ivaldo

But, I guess after rewarding Jones, Smalling, Ashley Young, Shaw, DDG with bumper contracts, I guess Lindelof is next.

How about Rojo and Darmian?
No, he's been the best defender for a team that was in disarray last season, and was the only person that held that team together. Your insistence to lumping them all together shows a complete unwillingness to actually judge a player on his own merit. I take it you were one of those who wrote him off almost immediately and you can't accept you might have been wrong about him.

simmee

So we should've got rid of De Gea when Neville used to flame him as well then? Do you regret we kept him?

I love how people are outraged over the "inflated" or "monster" contract without no one actually knowing what the contract is or if he even is about to sign one. Never change Caf...

simmee

People are also whining about renewing so soon, at the same time I'm sure a few are crying their eyes out in the Gomes thread about our club letting contracts run down to the last year.

Isn't this exactly what Spurs has been doing as well, renewing players with around 3 years left if they keep developing/performing? Seems to have worked fine for them with keeping their players happy and wanting their players to stay with the club with continuously improving contracts. Anyway, back to moaning you boring cnuts.

Suedesi

So we should've got rid of De Gea when Neville used to flame him as well then? Do you regret we kept him?

I love how people are outraged over the "inflated" or "monster" contract without no one actually knowing what the contract is or if he even is about to sign one. Never change Caf...
De Gea has been the best United player over the last 5 or six seasons. Lindelof has played well for 5 or 6 months. Big difference pal.

simmee

De Gea has been the best United player over the last 5 or six seasons. Lindelof has played well for 5 or 6 months. Big difference pal.
I'm obviously talking about when De Gea was new since that was when Neville used to bash him. Not a big difference, pal.

Strats

Maybe this will make Victor make more money than his "influencer" wife who claims to make more money than him, which I have a a very hard time to believe.

Red_toad

Why is it repeated so many time Lindelof was our ‘best defender’ last season? It’s very debatable. As Shaw won players player of the year and pretty much nailed down a starting berth, he’s also in with a shout for the ‘best defender’ tag.
Let’s see how this season goes as he’s pretty much being absolved of how poor our defence was last season. Lad has a lot to prove and he’s now part of a very useful defensive unit.

A-man

I don't see anything strange with a new contract. He raised his salary and in return United tied him stronger. It looks like OGS is bulding a team where he is an important part. They believe in him. Why risk anything? He is now the CB with second highest salary after Maguire, seems fair to me. Odder that they renewed some other contracts if you ask me.

It is weird that someone ranks a scouser's opinion higher than OGS.

Also, it is nice to look back to good old times for memories and nostalgia. So many players who performed at highest top level of the football played at that time. But this comparing today's players with old superstars really has something sad and a little pathetic around itself. It's like a 45 year old guy who still talks about his high school football career. Support today's players instead. Support today's team instead. The past was great, keep it as memories but understand that those players will never come back.

SoCross

He needs to get rid of his mop. Bald-headed Lindelof will be a meaner machine.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Shouldn't be even thinking about renewing his contract till the end of the season, lets not blow our load over one 'good' season like we did with the chap that bought him in the first place

Raven

One is a WC winner a EC winner and multiple CL titles plus many domestic ones. The other one has a lip full of snuss and sometimes looks like he is afraid of the ball. Its really not comparable.
So I explicitly say that I'm not comparing them, yet you decide yo run with it anyway?

Robbie Boy

It’s ok Smalling fans, y’all will get to see your boy in some cup games. Until then, enjoy our super Swede.

JustAGuest

It's clear he just wanted to take a cheap shot for the cameras. That was hardly a well informed comment, and the rest of the season proved that.

AJ10

Its almost like players can improve, Shocking stuff really and taking that idiots opinion as gospel. :lol:

acnumber9

Why is it repeated so many time Lindelof was our ‘best defender’ last season? It’s very debatable. As Shaw won players player of the year and pretty much nailed down a starting berth, he’s also in with a shout for the ‘best defender’ tag.
Let’s see how this season goes as he’s pretty much being absolved of how poor our defence was last season. Lad has a lot to prove and he’s now part of a very useful defensive unit.
I’d say that given both of those players played significantly more games in our worst defensive season than they had the year before when our defence was much better would raise doubt as to how well either of them actually did play.

arthurka

So I explicitly say that I'm not comparing them, yet you decide yo run with it anyway?
Of course when you decide to name one player who has had one of the best careers vs a player who has had a lets say not the rosiest career to point out that he has a a mistake in like him its normal to point out that it really isnt comparable.

nyanza

How many games did Kane miss due to injury, and how many did Son due to the Asian cup? That's a bollock analogy if I ever saw one.
Kane played 28 PL games, Lindelof played 30. It is meant to be stupid in the first place as it is about one player being responsible for the team doing badly. In case it wasn't obvious enough, my comment had nothing to do with Kane himself, it was meant to show that the one I quoted made no sense.

Last edited:

gza the genius

Watch the highlights of that game again and you tell me smartarse
You're using a quote from an ex-Liverpool player about one bad game a year ago to prove that we shouldn't give an extension to a player? That kind of logic is impressive. He's clearly going to be first choice along with Maguire so his extension and salary should reflect that. I'd rather tie him down now than risk losing him or having to give him even more money in another year or two.

Mickson

Apparently he wants to stay. And OGS wants him to stay. What you and I see from Lindelof are the matches. What the trainers, coach and staff see is every single training. Their job is to find out who are worth keeping and who are not, and the sooner the better. They have probably come to another conclusion regarding Lindelof than you have, and believe he is important to keep when building up a new team.
I guess that's so. The problem is that I don't trust Manchester United's judgment, and based on their previous deals; maybe I shouldn't trust them.

Status
Not open for further replies.