Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil81

Never rated him from the first time I saw him a redshirt.

Really hoped Axel would push on this season and cement a first-team place but like Bailly he seems to be a crock as well.

Mcking

He put the team on their way to defeat yesterday. The game was pretty much in the balance until he lost Giroud so deep into stoppage time.

Twice in the last week, he's proved to be weak at vital moments in big games.

A-man

With the lowest points tally ever to be third in the PL, one of the weakest premier leagues in recent memory, he’s a good footballer , average defender, always gets bullied in physical one on ones and lacks Smalling pace and physicality, Would Nathan Ake, J Laycelles or J Tarkowski be better options if the answer is yes you understand the issue because none of those 3 should be anywhere near a United starting 11 !!!!
With 2 PL teams playing the latest CL finals and two PL teams playing the latest EL finals, I would say it is a pretty good league. However it is much more competitive in a broad sense than it use to be. There will probably not be any team with less than 30 goals conceded. That’s because even the bottom 3 teams Bournemouth, Villa and Norwich can score goals against Liverpool.

Sylar

The way he got done by Giroud was annoying. As when the ball was out wide, you could see it coming, and it... happened. He wasnt helped by his goalkeeper, but as a defender, you gotta get across and anticipate that movement.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Is Lindelof any better than Johnny Evans? I have asked the question before and I am asking it again. Cos it feels like repeatedly over the past few years we've sold players and replaced them with players that are no better. The way he lets people get across him is criminal. Vardy will be licking his lips at the prospect of a near post run in front of him.
Yeah. He’s no better than Daley Blind or Chris Smalling were, though.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
I find it so difficult to judge him. Watching him, I'd say that he's at his worst when really pressured, because he's not that big, strong or fast and doesn't seem to dominate the box. But that said, we've had real success this season against the big teams (before yesterday) with little possession, meaning he's constantly under pressure.

And our record in the league for conceded is excellent, and he's basically played every minute.

But just watching him - I can't work out what his strengths are. He's not very good in the air, he can't really catchup to pacey players and he look clumsy as hell half the time.

Strange.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Neither is Maguire and we aren't buying 2 starting CB's in 1 window
No but I feel Maguire would improve alongside a world class centre back. Lindelof isn’t just all over the place, he’s weak, lacks leadership and is full of mistakes.

You’re right though, Maguire isn’t great. But one amazing centre back would be ideal, then we can see who can play alongside them out of our current centre backs.

Grande

I find it so difficult to judge him. Watching him, I'd say that he's at his worst when really pressured, because he's not that big, strong or fast and doesn't seem to dominate the box. But that said, we've had real success this season against the big teams (before yesterday) with little possession, meaning he's constantly under pressure.

And our record in the league for conceded is excellent, and he's basically played every minute.

But just watching him - I can't work out what his strengths are. He's not very good in the air, he can't really catchup to pacey players and he look clumsy as hell half the time.

Strange.
Strange for this to come now, with him having been our best CB after the break, and probablyfor the entire spell of 19 unbeaten games in which we’ve had the most clean sheets in the league.

Yesterday he was again out best defensive player (incl cm and gk) on the pitch, unless you count Bailly headbutting two players to get injured after 40 mins the best defensive performance og the day.
the last two years, the bulk of criticism og Lindelöf has been based on feelings, such as ‘I feel he’s passive’, ‘I feel he’s not strong enough’, ‘I never feel assured with him on the ball’. Yet for those watching every involvement on the pitch, it becomes evident that most of what he actually does is good defending, be it positioning, duels or retention. He is far less erratic than Maguire, Bailly, Tuanzebe, WanBissaka, not to speak of Williams, Dalot, Jones, Smalling, Rojo and our keepers. Only Shaw has to me delicered his kind of consistency the last couple of seasons.

He might be improved upon, but he isnot a weak link. He will get criticised more, as if he is marginally outfoxed in overtime by Olivier Giroud once,this thread will be up quicker than you can say ‘Maguire scored an unforced own goal in the same match’.

Zoo

I'm a fan of Lindelof and consistently defended him but yesterday was very disappointing. He knew exactly where Giroud was and what was going to happen but he didn't want to take responsibility, basically passing the buck hoping De Gea would be able to save it.

::sonny::

Same thing happened for many years with Smalling and Jones, not good enough, but not bad enough to be sold

So he will play as a regular starter for the next 10 yrs, because on one would sell him

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
He really needs to get better doesn't he? Can we find a centre back version of Bruno Fernandes? Someone who has the personality and ability to be a proper centre back for United.

Bobski

Lindelof on the second goal annoyed me nearly as much as the first. Yes De Gea and Williams were more at fault but Lindelof backed off, Mount had no support, Lindelof had Maguire getting back on his left, he could have been much more aggressive and looked to stop the shot. Not attempting to do is typical of the frustration many feel with him. He doesn't make many bad errors, but at times his passivity limits his impact.

He is good at driving the ball out of defense. Maguire has the hype as the ball playing defender, mainly because he holds it for so long, but Lindelof actually brings some urgency and speed into his bursts, they look purposeful in a way that Maguire and his dawdling does not. I wish he brought some of that to his defending.

Kostov

Lindelof on the second goal annoyed me nearly as much as the first. Yes De Gea and Williams were more at fault but Lindelof backed off, Mount had no support, Lindelof had Maguire getting back on his left, he could have been much more aggressive and looked to stop the shot. Not attempting to do is typical of the frustration many feel with him. He doesn't make many bad errors, but at times his passivity limits his impact.

He is good at driving the ball out of defense. Maguire has the hype as the ball playing defender, mainly because he holds it for so long, but Lindelof actually brings some urgency and speed into his bursts, they look purposeful in a way that Maguire and his dawdling does not. I wish he brought some of that to his defending.
He has enough on his plate without mentioning that second goal which was totally on DDG. Even though I can see where you are coming from it's a total feck up and DDG can't concede a goal like that, end off.

izec

The master of doing nothing while looking busy. it feels like every other week i say it, but he is just a random dude playing CB with no characteristics or features. Just a nobody on the pitch.

A-man

Iceman needs to stop running out with the ball thinking he’s a hero and then losing it.
I prefer he does those runs and even more often. He’s very good at it and opens up almost every time. Today he got the ball too far away from him at one (1) occasion and lost it, something that happened to many players. Probably a too watered pitch. No, he should continue to take that responsibility especially when the midfield is stuck like today.

Overall a decent match from him but not great.

jesperjaap

Everytime I watch us, I just cant believe he is starting every game. Seems to be by default that everyone else is on loan or injured. I mean exactly what part of his game doe he actually excel at, serious question? I can name several he is pretty poor at. There are players we have sold that are playing far better in the premiership than him that were not good enough here. I would sell him in a heartbeat personally, get the feeling SOlkjear really likes him though.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Everytime I watch us, I just cant believe he is starting every game. Seems to be by default that everyone else is on loan or injured. I mean exactly what part of his game doe he actually excel at, serious question? I can name several he is pretty poor at. There are players we have sold that are playing far better in the premiership than him that were not good enough here. I would sell him in a heartbeat personally, get the feeling SOlkjear really likes him though.
Pointing fingers at who the ball should be played to and who should be defending while he looks around.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
He'll never be as dominant as Diop and Ogbonna were against us tonight.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Played well. The usual shit being thrown at him without much substance.

el3mel

Back to good form today. Last match was just one off. Overall, still our best defender this season.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
The master of doing nothing while looking busy. it feels like every other week i say it, but he is just a random dude playing CB with no characteristics or features. Just a nobody on the pitch.
Yep. Sums him up perfectly. And this is in general not today's game.

E-mal

He doesnt really excel at anything, I think he is okay as a squard player.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
This is perfect post to sum him up. Nothing player.

Mcking

For a third time in four games now, a striker has gone across him to attack the ball with ridiculous ease, right on our goal line. Luckily we didn't concede this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.