Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chillosophy

Of course he's being offered a new deal, his first contract was as a squad player, he's now one of the first names on the team sheet.
This. It's really not more complicated.

It's giving players like Smalling and Jones silly contracts in the first place that's the problem here.

A-man

I guess that's so. The problem is that I don't trust Manchester United's judgment, and based on their previous deals; maybe I shouldn't trust them.
Fair enough. I can also see how some of the previous deals could make anyone lose trust in their judgement, but for me this makes a lot of sense.

podurban2

Can’t believe the vitriol some on here spew over our players. Lindelöf was very good last season and seems to be dedicated to the team, the manager, and the spirit of Manchester United. It must be grim watching United play when you can’t even like a guy like Lindelöf, or see that he is actually a very good footballer and defender.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
I am ecstatic to see him renewing his contract. Lindelöf's a classy defender. He brings a much needed calmness to the team. I'm a big fan of his. For me, he is every bit as good as Maguire. He struggled at first but the transformation now is like night and day. He has been consistently impressive for a long time. He is a leader now. I look forward to seeing him succeed with us.

romufc

Lindelof is a good defender, the way he will compliment Maguire will be a joy to watch. It has been a while since we had a back 4 who are comfortable on the ball and defend a bit as well.

He is clearly motivated to succeed at United. All of a sudden we have De Gea, Maguire, Lindelof, Shaw, AWB, James, Rashy, McTominay, Mata, Lingard who all love the club, we can see it from goal celebrations.

I think we can build something special here.

Based Adnan

The weird Smalling brigade that patrols this website posting some absolute shite as usual

Raven

Of course when you decide to name one player who has had one of the best careers vs a player who has had a lets say not the rosiest career to point out that he has a a mistake in like him its normal to point out that it really isnt comparable.
All I'm saying is that you can't expect no mistakes. You're just picking out some comparison, which I told you I wasn't making to avoid the issue.

lex talionis

Happy to see the Iceman plant his roots at Old Trafford. He's a wee bit overrated here but he pulled it together after a pretty rough first season and is streets ahead of Smalling and Jones. Now that he has Maguire with him, some of the pressure will come off Lindelof and I expect him to raise his game to a new level.

It's not a Rio-Vidic partnership, but a Maguire-Lindelof partnership promises to be much better than anything we've had since Rio and Nemanja stepped down.

arthurka

All I'm saying is that you can't expect no mistakes. You're just picking out some comparison, which I told you I wasn't making to avoid the issue.
You could have used Phil Jones who also has a mistake in him it would have been a better comparison and would have been closer.

Raven

You could have used Phil Jones who also has a mistake in him it would have been a better comparison and would have been closer.
I wasn't comparing them, how many bloody times must I state it? I was saying that even the great centre backs make mistakes, so Lindelof cannot be expected to be flawless. This is the last time I'll explain it because I'm pretty sure you're trolling me.

arthurka

I wasn't comparing them, how many bloody times must I state it? I was saying that even the great centre backs make mistakes, so Lindelof cannot be expected to be flawless. This is the last time I'll explain it because I'm pretty sure you're trolling me.
Sorry I am.. I fully got what you said the first time. It was Phil Jones that gave it away right? Was thinking about using Lovren but that would have been much worse. Again sorry I just couldnt resist. ;)

Raven

Sorry I am.. I fully got what you said the first time. It was Phil Jones that gave it away right? Was thinking about using Lovren but that would have been much worse. Again sorry I just couldnt resist. ;)
Thank god, I thought I was losing my mind :lol:

Mickson

Can’t believe the vitriol some on here spew over our players. Lindelöf was very good last season and seems to be dedicated to the team, the manager, and the spirit of Manchester United. It must be grim watching United play when you can’t even like a guy like Lindelöf, or see that he is actually a very good footballer and defender.
"Location Stockholm". He wasn't very good last season, which is partly why we conceded more than ever. He was pretty shit at first and then wasn't shit in the end but he was clearly not "very good". Our standard should surely be higher. Right now he's very much Everton, on the other hand, that's where we are and some might be happy with that but I'm not. Lindelof will never play for a side which competes for the CL and PL, just like Lukaku never will.

Foxbatt

Wait until he makes a mistake and then they would be out in full force. I have never seen any football player who does not make a mistake. Lindelof is a good player who has the potential to be very good. Certainly he is the best of the CBs we have before Maguire arrived. It is one thing liking a certain player but to wish another player bad luck or ill will while he is still a United player is something I do not understand.

A-man

"Location Stockholm". He wasn't very good last season, which is partly why we conceded more than ever. He was pretty shit at first and then wasn't shit in the end but he was clearly not "very good". Our standard should surely be higher. Right now he's very much Everton, on the other hand, that's where we are and some might be happy with that but I'm not. Lindelof will never play for a side which competes for the CL and PL, just like Lukaku never will.
Are you seriously trying to disqualify someone's thoughts because (s)he lives in Stockholm? I am sure there are many here who like Smalling, Rashford or Lingard who live in England.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Now people are even blaming Lindelof for the Abahams shot? Why not blame him for raining too? There were three United players near Abraham. Lindelof was away from him but how on Earth did those three players including Rashford, Periera and Scott let Tammy turn. Lindelof to his credit tried to block his path.
As for the Barkely effort it was the best he could do to make the angle bad. You would expect DeGea to save those shots. The Emerson was clearly a fault of AWB. He simply got caught ball watching. I do not blame as this was the first time this defence played together. Now if AWB was in the right place he was to be he would have easily cleared the ball.
And if lindelof could head he would have cleared the ball away before AWB had too.

He'sRaldo

Are you seriously trying to disqualify someone's thoughts because (s)he lives in Stockholm? I am sure there are many here who like Smalling, Rashford or Lingard who live in England.
A lot of people are being disqualified for being "Smalling lovers". It's disqualification all round!

JustAGuest

Nonsense. I'm sure you can find plenty of players on a similar level in sides competing for those titles. Lovren and Matip are two examples just from the previous two CL finals.

podurban2

My location literally has nothing to do with my assessment, what a cheap shot of you to make!

I was very sceptical of Lindelöf at first but he has come very good. You just seem to fail to see it.

Halftrack

How do you know that he is not working on it? If others can see it then surely all the coaching staff including Ole can see it.
If he's already working on it, that's great. The point is obviously that he needs to keep working on it, because it's still a weakness for him.

Ekeke

Lindelof signed for a decent if not expensive fee of £30 million in 2017. Numerous sources had his wages down as £120k, which would make sense given we'd seen fit to make him a fairly expensive signing. If those wages are correct then he obviously doesnt deserve a bump up.

If on the other hand this new figure of £75k is correct then sure. A new contract makes sense

A-man

Lindelof signed for a decent if not expensive fee of £30 million in 2017. Numerous sources had his wages down as £120k, which would make sense given we'd seen fit to make him a fairly expensive signing. If those wages are correct then he obviously doesnt deserve a bump up.

If on the other hand this new figure of £75k is correct then sure. A new contract makes sense
I understood it as he had 75k before and now 120k. Bailly for example is still on 75k.

Halftrack

I understood it as he had 75k before and now 120k. Bailly for example is still on 75k.
Some reports at the time we signed him placed his wages at £120k, but I find that hard to believe. £75k would put him roughly in line with Bailly, Smalling and Rojo.

Ekeke

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He was good for us last season. Weird assessment.

A-man

It sounds a bit over the top but at the same time we dont know if Jones and Smalling got more than their previous £75k on their new deals. I didnt see any numbers in those reports
I saw this table. I have no idea how reliable it is but I recognize some of the figures from other sources.

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/manchester-united-f.c/payroll/

Agree that 150k is over the top, as some other wages on that list.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Well, depends on what your standards are. Not very good first half of the season, better the second. Overall very mediocre.
He was very good since the Juventus group game at Old Trafford onwards, which was well over half a season.

Bwuk

Lindelof could be a top class CB imo. He lacks the authority/leadership and confidence though, which is why I think Maguire will be the perfect partner.

Jose basically alluded to similar when he was on punditry the other day.

Alabaster Codify7

Lindelof could be a top class CB imo. He lacks the authority/leadership and confidence though, which is why I think Maguire will be the perfect partner.

That's basically how I felt about every single one of our CBs.

They are all 'good' but need a world-class or top drawer partner to marshall them. Ronny Johnsen was no world-beater, but alongside Jaap Stam he raised his game and looked very good. Maguire wasn't my first choice (Koulibaly is better) but he was my second choice and is a top drawer CB. Any of Lindelöf, Smalling, Axel, Bailly and Jones will look tidy alongside him.

A-man

I think the continuity last season helped with the confidence and I do not see that as a problem at all. There are few leaders in this team, and for me that is one important aspect of a CB. Much more important than for a FB or forward. He has shown tendencies of leadership and hopefully it will grow out more this season.

He will probably be Captain in the Swedish national team one day. That'll also help developing his leadership skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.