Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Teffe

If Lindelof was marking Vetergaard on the corner and lost I'd understand the nag he gets. But the goal came from the following cross and it's open play. CBs in United don't man mark. They play Zone. You set up to cover as much space as possible. You simply can't defend a perfect cross. His positioning for the cross is perfect. Should he stay further back and open up between him and Maguire? No. That would be terrible defending. Should a player then sneak in and score between the CB then that would be terrible defending.

Every goal by opposition isn't a mistake by our players. Of course you can try angle it that way to fit your purpose but come on....

Last edited by a moderator:

Meep

Ok, so enough of this cherrypicking of situations. There has to be more evidence before this can continue in eternity.

Let's instead talk about Lindelöf's bad posture. Evidently he has been gaming since he was a child. Forward rotated shoulders and bad neck with a forward head posture as well.

Why hasn't this been addressed by the coaching staff and the physios? This should be rather easy to solve with a couple of exercises every day. Would give Victor an inch extra when jumping at least..

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Ok, so enough of this cherrypicking of situations. There has to be more evidence before this can continue in eternity.

Let's instead talk about Lindelöf's bad posture. Evidently he has been gaming since he was a child. Forward rotated shoulders and bad neck with a forward head posture as well.

Why hasn't this been addressed by the coaching staff and the physios? This should be rather easy to solve with a couple of exercises every day. Would give Victor an inch extra when jumping at least..
Any idea what these exercises are? I'd love to try some, and I agree with you regarding Lindelof.

Last edited:

romufc

Only watched him against us with Zlatan and against Tottenham recently and each time I was impressed. Certainly has an imposing stature and is comfortable on the ball.

Lindelöf is a good player on the floor but his lack of physicality worries me.
CB is a very difficult position to judge because CB's at the clubs in the lower half of the table always look good with the amount of defending they have to do, so 1 mistake or so is not highlighted as much as a 1/2 mistake at United because that costs the goal.

Ekeke

Hi @Ekeke, are you still pretending with your 125 agenda driven pro-Smalling posts in here that you’re not actually a pro-Smalling agenda driven fanatic? Just wondering. Thanks doll.
If you have a pro-Lindelof agenda, I will come across as having an agenda of course.

Realistically I'm being objective and don't rate a player very highly and provide many detailed arguments and posts as to why. The people like yourself who keep talking about an agenda have one themselves and simply don't have counterpoints to those detailed arguments and suggestions so I'll take no notice of such stupid suggestions, thanks

Gordon S

I don’t see it being mentioned yet, but Vestergaard is 199cm tall. He could win an aerial duel against anyone if he gets the timing right.

Lindelöf has been poor so far and should be dropped for Tuanzebe but i don’t think that situation is worth this much analyzing.

Man Utd 1:0 Leicester

A-man

Poor effort in third minute when he covered after Maguires lost header, but after that he was good and no mistakes, especially last 20 minutes where he had some match winning actions. Shut down Vardy completely.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Very good game. That's another super quick striker getting no change in behind him. Funny that.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Was soft as feck for the early chance they had. Quality the rest of the time, but in general I think mistakes like that happen far too often with him to be a quality CB in the prem.

Ekeke

Was okay other than being outmuscled by Maddison of all people and giving him a free shot from inside our box. Obviously that ruins an otherwise fine defensive performance

R'hllor

Heading seems like an issue for him, not sure he likes it. He got saved on their short corner by his partner today.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Started very shaky but improved. If he carried on I’d have been asking for Tuanzebe to replace him next game but he did well in the end.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Recovered well from his early horror show, not that he had anything particularly difficult to do though

Zoo

Recovered well after a shaky start to go on and have a very good game, hopefully he has got his confidence back now. Micah Richards just singled him out for praise on Final Score.

Sylar

Overall a good game. But saying that, if we go behind early on, its a different story. That sort of stuff needs to be cut out obviously.

But hoping with more games with him and Maguire, they will develop a better partnership and understanding.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
A horrible mistake early on. Otherwise, decent. Not the sternest test I felt.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
He's the weak link in our defence, but that doesn't mean he's a bad player.
Lindelöf our weak link over either Young or Shaw at LB? Are you sure about that?

He might not be a towering physical presence but he makes up for that in his intelligence reading the play. He's always covering for Maguire.

fps

He did well today, but Vardy wasn't going to boss him in the air.

RedDevilRoshi

Other than a poor lapse of concentration at the beginning of the game that allowed Maddison to sneak through 1v1 against De Gea which was saved well by DDG, I thought Victor done really well today. Certainly better than his last 1-2 games.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
He was good today, but doubts over his solidity remains.

That one incident is a real thorn in the eye, could be a perfect performance.

Iam Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Plays the game smart and has the abilities of a modern CB. Give the lad and his partnership with Harry the hamster some time, because there is absolutely potential there.

AshRK

Good buisness. Lindelof needs to improve but this move should bring more confidence to him and confirms the trust the club and Ole have towards him.

Status
Not open for further replies.