Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

A-man

I doubt its about the pressure. However, having an organized team around you helps. The Swedish national team is, United isn’t.
I think son, too. When playing for Sweden they all have very clear roles. The Swedish team does not have any stars, they are a few at Lindelof’s level and the rest below. But they are good at following the plan from the coach. In United, there seems to be no plan at all.

He'sRaldo

Could it also be possible that he's better protected in the Swedish setup?

At United he has to cover a large amount of space due to us usually being the dominant team, I've never felt that's his game as he's not aggressive or physical enough to consistently stop attacks from developing high up the pitch. I'm guessing Sweden defend deeper and are not usually the dominant team, which may suit his game more.

A-man

At United he has to cover a large amount of space due to us usually being the dominant team, I've never felt that's his game as he's not aggressive or physical enough to consistently stop attacks from developing high up the pitch. I'm guessing Sweden defend deeper and are not usually the dominant team, which may suit his game more.
I think that is a big reason. I think that also in United, he has had his best matches against teams that are better than United. Many of those also play fast football on the ground which suits him.

Another reason is also that he clearly is some kind of scapegoat in United. He has been pretty good this season, but when you play in a team that have scored 1 goal or less per match the last 10 matches, every single little mistake is blown out of proportion. That does not happen when he plays for Sweden.

thepolice123

Its quite obvious that in our current set-up many players including Lindelof are being left to hang for dry. We have no tactics, no set-up, poor coaching and low morale.

Any player can look bad in our team.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
I've never fully been sold on Lindelof for some reason, even when he has put in some decent/good performances for us.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
He was good last year to be honest, but this year he's not good enough and costed us some goals.

We were all waiting to see him and Maguire, but to be honest, we should have sold/loan Jones and keep Smalling with us.

I would have been more confident with Mike as a 3rd choice than Jones or Tuanzebe to push Lindelof.

We can't say that he's not protected, it was the same last year and he was ok, so I think it's more due to confidence

romufc

Another reason is also that he clearly is some kind of scapegoat in United. He has been pretty good this season, but when you play in a team that have scored 1 goal or less per match the last 10 matches, every single little mistake is blown out of proportion. That does not happen when he plays for Sweden.
This is pretty much it. every 1/2 mistake is looked at with a magnifying glass with this guy. It isn't easy for a defender to be 100% for each and every game, you need the team mates to help you out. Lindelof has been good this season, he is experienced is not a problem in the united team, there are 5/6 bigger areas we need to worry about first.

I would have been more confident with Mike as a 3rd choice than Jones or Tuanzebe to push Lindelof.
Smalling was let go because of his ball playing ability. He was poor at that. Jones is 4th choice.

Mickson

But that's not really true, is it? I guess Sweden dominates pretty much every game in the group bar the ones against Spain. However, not saying that you're wrong in general. Just to point that out.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Can't judge our CB's when the midfield fails to support and cover them, leaving them overly exposed to 1 on 1 situations. Plus, we let our opponents have tons of space to make crosses and through passes, which makes our defenders life harder.

A-man

Think he had a good game. Was lost once when Mane used his hand to get past him, but that was it and that is quite good against Europe’s best team.
Was working very wide to cover when Bissaka stayed offensive.

MAME DIOUF 32

So lucky with the disallowed goal. Handball or not, Mane shouldn't have been allowed to put the ball in the net.

BlahRules

So lucky with the disallowed goal. Handball or not, Mane shouldn't have been allowed to put the ball in the net.
Poor defending. DDG even thought he would have dealt with it but get turnover like an amateur footballer.

I am not convinced by him and Tuanzebe should be ahead of him.

Strats

Thought he was good apart from Mane's disallowed goal. He really need to stop those feck ups.

Kostov

Think he had a good game. Was lost once when Mane used his hand to get past him, but that was it and that is quite good against Europe’s best team.
Was working very wide to cover when Bissaka stayed offensive.
Mane was past him before he used his hand. He’s overrated as feck on here.

Part of the blame for the goal I give to him as well, it was so obvious what was Firmino going to do, and he let him block him instead of trying to clear the cross.

Bobski

He did plenty of good things today, but he is so wretchedly soft it is impossible for me to trust him. That disallowed goal was just pathetic from him, honestly if we are just going to play deep, compact the space and counter then I don't see massive future value in him.

MagooDad

Mane was past him before he used his hand.
Not only that, after the hand ball he once again had the chance to just clear the ball, but tried to live up to the whole "Iceman" thing...

He was good or even great the rest of the game, but that hardly matters when you do blunders like that.

acnumber9

“gone to” is generous.

Like Bailly before him, Lindelof seems rl be highly rated in spite of his performances. I don’t see it with him whatsoever.
Highly rated because he’s not Chris Smalling or Phil Jones. He’s gutless and has nowhere near enough about his game to get away with it.

starman

Hes a good player, but if the Barca rumour is true I would be happy to see them take him if they put in a big bid, he just seems too weak for England, a bit like Blind.

thelemon

Lindelof was our best player last year. Not saying much but still, he was and it wasn't even really that close. He gets more time but I'd definitely drop him for axel for a bit

spiriticon

I know Mane's goal was chalked off in the end but he should NEVER lose sight of the ball so easily like that. Awful moment.

Bojan11

I know Mane's goal was chalked off in the end but he should NEVER lose sight of the ball so easily like that. Awful moment.
And the issue is it’s not the first time he’s struggled with a simple long ball. He should be dealing with that easily.

A-man

Mane was past him before he used his hand. He’s overrated as feck on here.

Part of the blame for the goal I give to him as well, it was so obvious what was Firmino going to do, and he let him block him instead of trying to clear the cross.
He should have done much better at Mane’s handball situation. That is clear.

Liverpool was the best team in Europe last year and up until today they had only victories and plenty of scored goals in this season’s PL. The only time anybody got passed Lindelof was the situation when Mane used his hand. That is a good game imo.

AKDevil

That defending for Mane disallowed goal was embarrassing. Annoyed me. Just deal with it. Tried my best to see the good in him but seen weak, hopeful, hesitant defending like that too many times. Tuanzebe will finish the season ahead of him.

Prodigy24

Just like Mourinho said last season, he needs to be more physical and become more "nasty" at times. Awful defending for Mane's disallowed goal, but was good for the rest of the game.

Devil may care

He's ok but has gotten into that habit of making me nervy as there seems to be something in every game to cause concern.

Meep

Great game. Avoided to give a penalty to Mané. A lot of early interceptions and clearandes. Solved their press easily.

A-man

For you who criticise him, think about this:

With one kick he knocked down a scouser and won the ball for the goal.

How can you dislike him after that?

meninred

Mourniniho was spot on when he said Lindelof has two weaknesses. He can easily be bullied one on one situation which was the case today and not good in the air. I don't know why he bought him then.

Status
Not open for further replies.