Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

DoomSlayer

I'm a fan but Lindelof has been poor so far this season. I expect a lot more from him and he should be acting as one of the senior players. Seems to have a moment or two of weakness every single game. Shame for Tuanzebe's injury, he deserves a chance to show his quality in the first 11.

A-man

Because there were 2 other cbs babysitting him

Said it from day 1, he’s not good enough for a top team in the PL. no surprise we’re being linked with more cbs
Could you define babysitting? And give some examples of what you mean, from the match?

Skills

Snitch
Thought he was shocking. Got away that Mane handballed it, because he looked clueless at defending the high ball

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
He reads the game well, but his lack of pace, strength and aerial prowess is a concern.

Daley Blind also lacked some of those things, but it didn't impact him too often, and was generally much better on the ball too. Was also pretty good at winning headers despite not being all that big.

He was pretty good in the 2nd half though. He's a good defender when the ball is on the ground, he generally knows where to be, but he is somewhat limited. And he seems to have the reputation of a ball playing CB, but he's really not all that good with the ball.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Elaborate. Or it is just another emotional comment?
Just sticking to the standards I grew up of the club. Can't touch some of the players that used to play in that position. He's weak, slow and embarrassing at times. The squad has been poor for a long time and fans accepting him is just another example of why we'll never compete.

Ekeke

I thought as a unit they were all good today. Lindelof read the game well and stepped in numerous times to make interventions.
He was lucky not good. But he did have a good moment making a tackle on the half way line

eire-red

Don't really get some of the hate for him on here, he's a very reliable CB. He has made a couple of mistakes and been physically lacking at times, thinking of the Crystal Palace and Southampton games at the moment.

The problem is, we don't control games nor do we score, every mistake and goal is scrutinised to the very last because it usually costs us the game. If we were winning games 2-1 and 3-1, we would barely even be looking at these. In reality, what costs us results is our inability to dominate teams and create goalscoring opportunities. We find ourselves on the back foot over and over again, and invite pressure which inevitably leads to mistakes and goals conceded.

He might not be good enough to get us back to the top in the long run, but defence definitely isn't one of the areas we need to strengthen at the moment.

::sonny::

Mediocre player, without any quality

Championship, League One level

Bournemoth, Brighton have better CB

LJJT

He’s poor. He’s not good enough for us another piss poor Jose signing and why he didn’t get bank rolled in his last season. Can’t handle any rough and tumble, not fast, skills of a small child in the air: not enough heart or aggression. If Barca want him let them have him

A-man

Just sticking to the standards I grew up of the club. Can't touch some of the players that used to play in that position. He's weak, slow and embarrassing at times. The squad has been poor for a long time and fans accepting him is just another example of why we'll never compete.
I understand your arguments and respect them, but tbh they are mostly emotional. He gets the job done, most of the time at least, but by other means than those you grew up with. I mean I have hardly seen any goals conceded after 50+ matches because he was too slow. If any.
Je is weak sometimes, but instead he has good reading and awareness. He is often at the right place and covering for Maguire or anybody else when they need help.

kundalini

I can understand that a player coming from a different league might struggle with the physicality of the PL during their first season but Lindelof has had enough time to adapt by now. This season has just been a series of physical duels lost, several to players who don't appear to be that strong. He really needs to get his act together soon.

Oldham

He played well but it was lame as hell to let Mane get past him to score that "goal"

Cliche Guevara

I like him but he can be prone to being weak and he’s not good enough under the ball.

Make or break season for him if we want to get to where we should be.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Origi was roasting him early on, then the Mane let off.

Quite easy to forget as it improved after that. But certainly the usual bad points he has in his locker.

nesty

As much as we need to invest heavily in other areas of the squad, I honestly think we should look to replace him.

He was shocking today IMO. Time and time again he has an absolute mare during one on one situations. He looked very leggy. I don't know if its that he's slow or just that his acceleration is shite. Positionally he's all over the place as well...

A-man

And you’re missing my point
Ok so you don’t understand the point with 3 CBs and I don’t understand your point. Why don’t you explain the babysitting?

and for your Info regarding all the headings the other centrebacks supposedly had to do for him, the stats from the match were (aerial duels):
Lindelof won 2, lost 1
Maguire won 2, lost 2
Rojo won 0, lost 2

so it looks like the babysitters did a poor job

binary bot
He was fine. In control of the situation until the handball completely wrongfooted him

dogwithabone

Doesn’t fill you with confidence like Maguire does. As others have said there is probably centre backs of equal quality in the lower reaches of the PL - Dunk, Mings, Coady etc.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The amount of money we’ll need to spend on replacing replacements is crazy.

Irwin99

Everytime I think i'm convinced that he deserves to be a first choice defender for us something happens for me to doubt it. It's Luke Shaw all over again. I thought he was decent for a lot of the game but I have no idea what he was doing with that Mane situation.

SambaBoy

He's too passive in his defending.

The amount of times a Liverpool player would overrun it and the ball was there to be won with a solid challenge and instead Lindelof would allow to regain possession and simply jockey them. I understand not diving in all the time, but it was clear the ball could have been won.

The defending for the Mane 'goal' was pathetic too, it should be dealt with easily and he got away with that.

Dinghy

Involved in at least one piece of absolute shocking defending in every game he plays, and after every match you'll have people on here going on about how good he was -besides- from the feckup. Phil Jones > the shaky Swede.

R'hllor

He has those moments where he looks weak, Mane situation for example, you can see something similar at least once in 4/6 games, he showing a real struggle to deal with those situations. Then you have him ducking from the ball in pre season, that still irks me today for some fecked up reason. Not gonna lie, said it month ago plus, rather see Axel instead of him. Shame sometimes looks like he can be a good CB but dont think he can fix his weak points.

LInkash

Mourniniho was spot on when he said Lindelof has two weaknesses. He can easily be bullied one on one situation which was the case today and not good in the air. I don't know why he bought him then.
Portuguese league isn't as physical so he didn't get exposed as much there.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He had very good game. Except Mane situation( when Mane played with hand anyway) he dealt with everything good. Good tackles, good when he was left in wide space.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Mourniniho was spot on when he said Lindelof has two weaknesses. He can easily be bullied one on one situation which was the case today and not good in the air. I don't know why he bought him then.
Don’t even need Mourinho, I think everyone should know when they watch him week in week out. But then again that’s right, why did he even buy him in the first place and sold Blind. They are pretty much the same player.

Eugenius

He's rubbish. Creates danger where there is none several times a game. Whenever I watch him he's always looking like he's just about getting away with terrible play - he struggled against Origi 1 vs 1 and completely lost Firmino (called offside) over his shoulder. The Mane disallowed goal he was wrong side and easily shrugged off.

He is gifting a goal to the opposite every 3 games on average purely due to his softness.

Genuinely I had more confidence in Rojo yesterday.

Fracture90

I really hope once Tuanzebe is back, we won't be seeing Lindelof starting in league games. He's weak and slow as fuk.

A-man

Involved in at least one piece of absolute shocking defending in every game he plays, and after every match you'll have people on here going on about how good he was -besides- from the feckup. Phil Jones > the shaky Swede.
I can only speak for myself, but the result is more important than emotions. Every player has strengths, weaknesses and areas for improvements. Lindelof is not the player that wrestles down someone, but he has other strengths. His weaknesses, poor performances, involvement, or mistakes, whatever you would call it, have directly cost maybe 1-3 goals this season. It is good. I would argue even VvD has cost more goals so far (who btw got outmuscled by 70 kg Rashford yesterday). Being strong is often associated with a good CB. But in reality it is about getting the job done and that is why he is picked to start every game. He is not physical, but reads the game and is often in the right position. Maguire likes to move up and is not always aware of players running in behind him. Yesterday both Maguire and Rojo were too far up but Lindelof covered. He is reliable partner to Maguire and that allows Maguire to go for headers higher up the pitch which is a strength of Maguire.

Everybody thought United would get humiliated yesterday but that was not the case. Now internet fans come and complain about the players who did the job and call for other players who weren’t even on the pitch. For me that is ignorant and disgraceful to the club.

I really hope once Tuanzebe is back, we won't be seeing Lindelof starting in league games. He's weak and slow as fuk.
At least he’s was strong and fit enough to survive a PL warmup :)

Hughes35

People saying he had a good game apart from the Mane thing really surprises me. I thought he was the worst player on the pitch by some distance.

Very poor, his positioning was poor, weak, bad in the air. I really don't see it with him at all. Even his passing was sloppy.

He was better in the second half (Average).

He'd by my last choice when everybody is fit.

izec

He is a weird 'CB', if we can call him that. He doesnt excel in anything, neither on the ball or defending wise. He is just there. Would take Axel any day over him, at least the lad can improve further and isnt as soft. Lindelöf seems to have reached his level, which isnt good enough. Blind was better too by the way

Status
Not open for further replies.