Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

sherrinford

I know what the poster meant ..
Rojo ? Seriously? That's a seriously mental comment . Rojo has never been good over any substained period for our club . There is a load of CB's alot worse than Lindalof over the past 30 years
That’s not mental at all. Rojo was poor when used as a left back by Van Gaal and is terrible there even in reserve games now. As a central defender though, he got himself in the team in Mourinho’s first(?) season and did very well until the bad injury effectively ended his time as a regular here. When he has played (centre back) this season he’s been good. Lindelof is wank - I would happily see Rojo take his place in the lineup alongside Maguire.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
If Barcelona want to sign him again this summer. Should we ask for Messi or would a simple fee of say 35m be enough? We could always bring back Smalling and Tuanzebe could get Lindelof's game time while we take a year and hunt for a much better CB than even Maguire.

Tel074

That’s not mental at all. Rojo was poor when used as a left back by Van Gaal and is terrible there even in reserve games now. As a central defender though, he got himself in the team in Mourinho’s first(?) season and did very well until the bad injury effectively ended his time as a regular here. When he has played (centre back) this season he’s been good. Lindelof is wank - I would happily see Rojo take his place in the lineup alongside Maguire.

Lindalof is completely not wank . I swear I don't know what people watch . Lindalof must be the flavour of the week now for people to chat complete shite about . Rojo does ok as a back 3 but as a CB 2 he is a liability hence why he never plays when others are fit .. James Rashford Martial De Gea have all been the worst ever United players this season

What you are describing is called 'man-marking'. You always get those cliche dumbed down 'arguments' from pundits about man-marking versus zonal but again they are not mutually exclusive. You stop the ball, whether that means marking the attacker or getting to the ball first.

Anyways, so now we've established that you believe Lindelof did his job by being in a 'good position' man marking absolutely nobody, whilst facing his goal, watching the entire flight of the ball and being on his heels.

You can give him benefit of the doubt all day long but deep down Lindelof will know that he could and should have done better than being in such a piss poor position and awkward angle.
No it's not. You set up that way whether man or zonal marking, when you have an attacker in your zone its basically the same thing anyway. Everything you do as a defender on a set piece is in relation to the attackers around you, Lindelof was preparing to let the ball run out because nobody was in his zone. De Gea flicked it onto him and he didn't have time to react. He was positioned fine for the way we set up to defend.

Foxbatt

Lindelof can't be blamed for that goal. The two United players who were marking should never have let the two Everton players have a free run at DeGea.

sherrinford

Lindalof is completely not wank . I swear I don't know what people watch . Lindalof must be the flavour of the week now for people to chat complete shite about . Rojo does ok as a back 3 but as a CB 2 he is a liability hence why he never plays when others are fit .. James Rashford Martial De Gea have all been the worst ever United players this season
He’s rubbish. Poor defender, severely underwhelming football player, and a pussy - a nothing player. Just because he is not the disaster he was when he first joined, doesn’t mean he is now a strong, competent, good defender and player.

Rojo has barely been given another chance - he has obviously had issues with injuries, but he’s also went very long stretches where he has been available and not had a sniff. As I said, he demonstrated when he was in the team that he is comfortably superior as a central defender than Lindelof. As has Smalling.

I’m not sure what your last sentence is all about...

Tel074

He’s rubbish. Poor defender, severely underwhelming football player, and a pussy - a nothing player. Just because he is not the disaster he was when he first joined, doesn’t mean he is now a strong, competent, good defender and player.

Rojo has barely been given another chance - he has obviously had issues with injuries, but he’s also went very long stretches where he has been available and not had a sniff. As I said, he demonstrated when he was in the team that he is comfortably superior as a central defender than Lindelof. As has Smalling.

I’m not sure what your last sentence is all about...
My last sentence is about clowns on here crying about United players every single day . If you believe Lindalof is all them things then you clearly have absolutely zero idea about football and what you are watching . Yes we all have different opinions on certain players but if you believe what you wrote then you my friend are clueless

Brightonian

I like him. He's unspectacular but solid, more than decent on the ball and a good partner for Maguire. He's good enough for us at the moment, and I certainly wouldn't be looking to replace him given the much more pressing demand for a couple of midfielders and a goal-getting striker.

Watford 2:0 Man Utd

Bobski

Fraud, can look smooth and pleasing to the eye, but his actual defensive impact is negligible at best and against physical players negative and close to a liability. Maguire is being criticised, and I don't rate him highly but it is tough for a CB when your partner can't be trusted to win any physical contest.

Andersons Dietician

Is it wrong I still feel like we need 2CB’s. Generally I think Lindelof has out performed Maguire but they have both been quite underwhelming.

criticalanalysis

Is it wrong I still feel like we need 2CB’s. Generally I think Lindelof has out performed Maguire but they have both been quite underwhelming.
He has definitely not outperformed Maguire overall imo because he takes sweeper positions and collects balls that are much easier to defend.

I'm a big big critic but thought he was ok. I can't call it a 'good' performance but at least he challenged for the ball in the air and on the floor. Granted it was against a one-dimensional lump in Deeney (with no turn of pace) but it's a much better improvement compared to earlier in the season.

A-man

I think both Maguire and Lindelof were quite good today. Not much that slipped through and both goals came from individual mistakes by DDG and AWB.

Irwin99

Did well against Deeney today. Getting to the point now where his supposed lack of physicality is a bit of a myth (similar to when Blind was here, who was rarely outmuscled by giant strikers). His heading isn't great but I rarely see him bullied on the ground in one on ones.

Performing better than Maguire I think.

Sanchez7

Misjudges way too many arial balls. There was a moment in the first half where he completely misjudged and got under a Watford GK. Luckily for him AwB was switched on.

-Supreme-

I really like his passing lately and especially today, kept his passes on the ground and managed to find a few of our forwards today

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He's no better than any mid-table centerbacks out there. Good squad player, but just can't see anything special. A dime a dozen centerback.
Jones on his younger (and healthy) days was far better than this.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He just makes the whole team nervous, he can't head the ball, loses physical battles and when his passing is off he is almost useless on the pitch.

He plays some good passes once in 2-3 games but for what he offers, that's not good enough.

Galinha

I just fell over the stats from Premier League 2019/20.. wow look at it, he's absolutely shit:

Clean sheets: 2
Goals conceded: 21
Tackles: 13
Tackle success: 38%
Last man tackles: 0
Blocked shots: 0
Interceptions: 12
Clearances: 63
Headed Clearance: 32
Clearances off line: 0
Recoveries: 109
Duels won: 64
Duels lost: 40
Successful 50/50s: 2
Aerial battles won: 47
Aerial battles lost: 29
Own goals: 1
Errors leading to goal: 0

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Still put me a big question mark why we signed this guy. Jose didn’t rate Blind and sold him which you would have thought he didn’t rate him because he’s not strong or good in the air to be Jose’s criteria centre back, and the manager decided to sign Lindelof who has the same weakness. Knowing that he played in Portuguese league, you would have expect Jose to have 2nd source in Portugal to give him some info about Lindelof. I just don’t think this guy is an EPL centre back.

We really wasted our time & money signing this guy instead on Maguire from Hull. The issue is that we probably got no time to keep signing another centre back and no one can challenge his spot because player like Bailly is an injury prone while Tuanzebe just can’t stay fit.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I keep saying it but if I was a opposition player I would instantly target Lindelof out of the players in our back 4.

Not saying AWB,Maguire and Shaw are intimidating players either but Lindelof is by far the easiest to get at.

Eugenius

Really annoys me to see this guy start as a nailed on starter, despite being thoroughly average in every regard. He is essentially a warm body at the back who at every turn tries to avoid actually doing any defending. Compare the amount of ball winning that AWB and Maguire does either side of him. Would love to see his scouting report, if he played for Watford you wouldn't even notice him. He's the type of player you'd quite happily take as a squad player from the academy but not pay £30m for.

We could definitely use more attacking full backs, but Maguire is clearly too slow, and Lindelof is too scared of defending 1vs1 to cover them when they go up the pitch.

He is the worst complement to Maguire and DDG who both have obvious flaws (too slow, not good coming off his line) and we won't look solid until we get an athletic, dominant CB in.

Renegade

Still put me a big question mark why we signed this guy. Jose didn’t rate Blind and sold him which you would have thought he didn’t rate him because he’s not strong or good in the air to be Jose’s criteria centre back, and the manager decided to sign Lindelof Knowing that he played in Portuguese league, you would have expect Jose to have 2nd source in Portugal to give him some info about Lindelof. I just don’t think this guy is an EPL centre back.

We really wasted our time & money signing this guy instead on Maguire from Hull. The issue is that we probably got no time to keep signing another centre back and no one can challenge his spot because player like Bailly is an injury prone while Tuanzebe just can’t stay fit.
These were perceived weaknesses for Blind. I don’t recall him being shown to be weak in the tackle or in the air when he played CB.

3KDré

He gives me more confidence on the ball than Maguire. He also seems to be doing more 'leading' than Maguire- which was what he was really bought for.

3KDré

Crazy statement.
I've definitely seen Lindelof successfully pass the ball to some of our forwards in recent games more than Maguire. I have also seen him be a lot more efficient with it. I can definitely recall Maguire dithering with the ball too much.
I understand it will take time for Maguire to settle and grow into leadership, but it was crazy of us to want leadership qualities in players and get rid of players like Herrera.

A-man

The first season he was weak in the air but it has improved. If winning and losing aerial duels is a measure of how good a player is in the air, he is more or less average compared to other PL CBs. . He has won 2.8 aerial duels per match which places him slightly ahead of many good CBs like Otamendi, Fernandinho, Vertonghen, and Alderweireld.

He will never be a monster in the air, but if heading the ball is his biggest weakness and it is average PL CB standard, it is good enough considering he is paired with one of the best in the league in that aspect.

yamo123x

was owned by deeney yesterday. Needs to get in the gym and toughen up, he has the odd good game but he just isnt commanding enough for me, id put smalling and axel ahead him personally.
The thing that annoyed me the most was him picking deeney up from the ground and laughing with him in about the 80th minute, this is man utd we are losing, play sh1t, you dont pull stunts like that..no passion

He gives me more confidence on the ball than Maguire. He also seems to be doing more 'leading' than Maguire- which was what he was really bought for.
Absolute nonsense that post, every little bit of it.

Yes Maguire cost a lot of money and has been far from perfect but he's better at absolutely everything than Lindelöf.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I've definitely seen Lindelof successfully pass the ball to some of our forwards in recent games more than Maguire. I have also seen him be a lot more efficient with it. I can definitely recall Maguire dithering with the ball too much.
I understand it will take time for Maguire to settle and grow into leadership, but it was crazy of us to want leadership qualities in players and get rid of players like Herrera.
There is a reason why Jose wants a new centre back and why Ole made Maguire as our captain. There is also a reason why City / Pep interested to sign Maguire. They are justify enough to tell you that Maguire is just a better ball playing & leadership than Lindelof. Not only that, I remember I saw Lindelof decided to make a short pass to Maguire for no reason when we were 2-0 down yesterday acted like he got no clue what to with the ball.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I'll give Lindelof a bit of a pass yesterday considering a) he's CB partner was far worse then him and b) he was roughly our 9th worst performer.

He still wasn't very good though - To me he's just a pretty decent CB, and thus will have good games, bad games and average games....

If he played for Everton or Palace I don't think he'd stand out as someone we'd want to buy.

3KDré

Absolute nonsense that post, every little bit of it.

Yes Maguire cost a lot of money and has been far from perfect but he's better at absolutely everything than Lindelöf.
I'm not disputing Maguire is better. I am saying this season I think Lindelof has been better than him. Marginally if it helps, but still. I don't think we are that bad defensively for what it's worth. A lot of the goals we concede are just pure error.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I feel sorry for Maguire when playing with this guy because he is literally playing with 0.75 of a defender beside him both defensively and offensively.

Siviz

Supports
Swansea
I just fell over the stats from Premier League 2019/20.. wow look at it, he's absolutely shit:

Clean sheets: 2
Goals conceded: 21
Tackles: 13
Tackle success: 38%
Last man tackles: 0
Blocked shots: 0
Interceptions: 12
Clearances: 63
Headed Clearance: 32
Clearances off line: 0
Recoveries: 109
Duels won: 64
Duels lost: 40
Successful 50/50s: 2
Aerial battles won: 47
Aerial battles lost: 29
Own goals: 1
Errors leading to goal: 0
Where are these stats from? They're clearly incorrect, as evident by the "blocked shots: 0" stats. First off, it's inconceivable that a centre back has 0 blocks. Secondly, I also vividly remember Lindelof making a vital block on a De Bruyne shot against City, when they wanted a pen.

Status
Not open for further replies.