Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueHaze

2 and a half seasons is more than a fair amount of time to make a judgement and mine is that he's mediocre. Benfica was probably truly his level. Never good enough to be a starting CB for a team like us. Wasn't a big fan of Smalling either but I'd probably even put him next to Maguire. Can't understand why Ole extended his contract. I would sell him and bring in an upgrade but with how many flaws this team has CB is honestly the last of my concerns at the moment.

A-man

Poor game, like the rest of the team. Feels like the whole team bounces up and down in performance from match to match right now.

izec

His average season rating is 5.5 on here and that is probably his level. Some good things, some bad ones. Squad player at best, at least he is fit for most games.

arthurka

This experiment needs to end he is out of his depth every time he steps on to the pitch. Feck me he and Maguire look terribly mediocre to say the least.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He'll be 26 when next season starts? Oh my. Felt like he was maybe around 23. Mourinho made so many bad signings.
Roughly 50m on Lindelof and Bailly + 90m on Maguire if we count him. 140m for 3 players on one position and not one of them looks good enough, or anywhere close to be a leader.

MAME DIOUF 32

Big regression from him this season. Maybe his run last year was just a good run rather than his true level.

Mickson

Big regression from him this season. Maybe his run last year was just a good run rather than his true level.
He didn't have a particularly good run last season, it was just that he wasn't so shit like he was the season before so everyone basically thought he was great.

Paul_Scholes18

Has been better than Maguire overall this season in my opinion.

Although not that good today particulary in the first half. Most of the time they created something it was due to errors from him.
Overall though we defended well today so no big complains.

mu4c_20le

He missed a header or two (again!), but also bailed us out with a few good blocks. He's decent when the ball is played on the ground.

thepolice123

Did an airkick when the ball was pinged towards him. Thankfully Young was there to bail him out. He is way too error prone.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Why does he keep giving away the ball in dangerous positions? We just had luck on our side with a goal disallowed for handball then the first thing he does is give the ball back to them immediately so they can continue their pressure? He is not a good defender, I have no earthly idea how people can stand behind that this was a deserved MOTM performance. Imagine having this game as one of your personal highlights of the season.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
People that think he has a good game, shouldn't make a career as scout for centerback. It's a waste of your future. Seriously.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Some people are so deeply ingrained in disliking the fella they can't help but criticize him. Ah well. Decent game.

klsv

Some people are so deeply ingrained in disliking the fella they can't help but criticize him. Ah well. Decent game.
The "Give it Axel til end of the season" crowd. I'd drop Maguire before Lindelöf at this point, though they'd both do better if we had a midfield.

ivaldo

The "Give it Axel til end of the season" crowd. I'd drop Maguire before Lindelöf at this point, though they'd both do better if we had a midfield.
Yup.

Best of a bad bunch. Good with the ball today but he was pretty passive on a couple of occasions. We need to teach him that on occasion diving in is the right thing to do.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I thought he was decent bar whatever he was doing for the disallowed goal (him and Maguire for that matter). So a perfectly reasonable MOTM shout.

I'd have given it Young mind you.

Wayne's World

I literally was watching the game with one of my mates and we literally said that Lindelof was the worst player on the pitch, awful positioning and just looking like Titus Bramble for 90 minutes....

And then he goes and wins the man of the match I nearly choked :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

criticalanalysis

Awful first half with typical weak and passive play.

Lost a duel on the half way line, kept backtracking when Traore overan the ball, which should have been an easy interception and I'm sure he under jumped for the corner that lead to the amazing Romero save.

Ok 2nd half with some instinctive clearances.

How can anyone think this was an overall good performance? Trademark weakneses on display time and time again.

It's not an agenda or the 'same 3-4 people', it's dozens of people saying he's just not good enough.

Call a spade a spade just like we do with every player in the team (including the manager).

ivaldo

Lost a duel on the half way line, kept backtracking when Traore overan the ball, which should have been an easy interception and I'm sure he under jumped for the corner that lead to the amazing Romero save.

How can anyone think this was an overall good performance? Trademark weakneses on display time and time again.

It's not an agenda or the 'same 3-4 people', it's dozens of people saying he's just not good enough.

Call a spade a spade just like we do with every player in the team (including the manager).
And 'dozens of people' saying it's a good game. By your logic that must be true then, yes?

Based Adnan

Username doesn't check out

arthurka

Username doesn't check out
Yes it does. He was all over the shop, trying his best to pass any pass directly to an opponent. Weak and an non entity defender, you could play anyone there to an similar effect. He is by far the worst of the bunch, I would rather play Jones at this point and that says a lot.

criticalanalysis

And 'dozens of people' saying it's a good game. By your logic that must be true then, yes?
There's never going to be 100% unanimous agreement on the Caf because Caf gonna Caf but you'd get an indication from reading threads and comments all around the forums to find a medium ground (not that I based my opinion on this).

Lindelof is passive, reactive and just not good enough. The last part I don't really have a 'problem' with because many of the players in this squad are not 'good enough' in the strictest sense but I/we as fans can tolerate underlying detrimental flaws by hope of other things they bring to the pitch and potential. Lindelof neither has qualities that outweigh his deficiencies and neither the potential to be greater than he is already showing (even in a better coached team). He doesn't have one singular tangible thing in his locker that you can genuinely say 'yeah on his good day he's a really good defender'.

Lindelof is a net negative most the times; he's just another body in defence, who doesn't engage in duels, sits back and sweeps with minimal impact unless forced too. He's not young, he's played lots of games as a pro/Utd player, he's gets the comfort of being a first teamer, he has AWB shutting down his right side most of the time and he's never called out for mistakes or performances because there's always Maguire/Pogba/OGS to take the flak. He's getting an incredibly easy ride for a one-note player.

Blind would be the best example of a 'flawed' player, who you would tolerate/appreciate on the pitch because he more than makes up for it in other ways. That's the same standard and benefit of the doubt I'd judge other players too i.e I'm partial to criticism and appreciation if there's something to warrant it.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
There's never going to be 100% unanimous agreement on the Caf because Caf gonna Caf but you'd get an indication from reading threads and comments all around the forums to find a medium ground (not that I based my opinion on this).

Lindelof is passive, reactive and just not good enough. The last part I don't really have a 'problem' with because many of the players in this squad are not 'good enough' in the strictest sense but I/we as fans can tolerate underlying detrimental flaws by hope of other things they bring to the pitch and potential. Lindelof neither has qualities that outweigh his deficiencies and neither the potential to be greater than he is already showing (even in a better coached team). He doesn't have one singular tangible thing in his locker that you can genuinely say 'yeah on his good day he's a really good defender'.

Lindelof is a net negative most the times; he's just another body in defence, who doesn't engage in duels, sits back and sweeps with minimal impact unless forced too. He's not young, he's played lots of games as a pro/Utd player, he's gets the comfort of being a first teamer, he has AWB shutting down his right side most of the time and he's never called out for mistakes or performances because there's always Maguire/Pogba/OGS to take the flak. He's getting an incredibly easy ride for a one-note player.

Blind would be the best example of a 'flawed' player, who you would tolerate/appreciate on the pitch because he more than makes up for it in other ways. That's the same standard and benefit of the doubt I'd judge other players too i.e I'm partial to criticism and appreciation if there's something to warrant it.
Don't pretend you're walking into any thread on the Caf without an agenda buddy. Big mistake and nobody believes your "analysis" you and 4-5 other people just hate him.
Sorry, I'm joking. Good post mate.

I'm going to wait until the season to judge him fully because he can still improve, but don't make me laugh like he had a good game. If one of the Wolves defenders performed like he did I wouldn't be impressed, and they did.. and I wasn't.

SATA

He’s not going to improve, is he? Seems to make mistakes every game. Iceman indeed. Maguire carries him at times i thought

Irwin99

He’s not going to improve, is he? Seems to make mistakes every game. Iceman indeed. Maguire carries him at times i thought
Either him or Maguire gets injured for a few games and our season plummets to new lows imo. I’m not saying they’re in brilliant form but they’re by far the best defenders we have. Crucially they can stay fit which is a novelty.

A-man

Did you actually think this was a good game from him before you heard he was man of the match? Be honest.
To be honest I think keeping a clean sheet away with this midfield is ok but overall performance could be better. Overall I think most of the critique against both CBs is exaggerated .

I checked the player ratings in the papers and Lindelof got 6 or 7 in all papers I found online.

A-man

Either him or Maguire gets injured for a few games and our season plummets to new lows imo. I’m not saying they’re in brilliant form but they’re by far the best defenders we have. Crucially they can stay fit which is a novelty.
If one of them gets injured there might be problems. And I guess it will happen sooner or later as there is no one to rotate them with.

Status
Not open for further replies.