Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Remember when his agent played a corker and duped the club into believing Barcelona were interested? Probably got a right cozy deal.

Ekeke

Like every single one of our signings since Fergie quit, he's a squad player who we paid the money of a first teamer for.

I'm absolutely expecting a bid for Tyrone Mings or Ben White in the summer. Hopefully Barca come back in for Victor. He doesn't seem suited to the PL.
Christ almighty, we arent that bad

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
The only counterpoint I'd make about his character is that after a terrible first half he improved along with the rest of the team in the second, while the hallmark of weak players is to continue to look shaky all game after a mistake.

That said so poor in the first half. I'm not saying it was easy for him to pick passes from the back but if you can't find a teammate you get rid, falling between two stools in scooping the ball short distances to Liverpool players killed us and his dwelling on the ball put us deep in the shit. Considering his ball work is supposed to be a positive to his game I was very disappointed in the first half.

Alabaster Codify7

I've said before, as a former goalkeeper, Lindelöf lacks every single trait I look for in a CB that I would trust to protect me.

Good in the air - no.
Fast - no.
Aggressive - no.
Physically imposing - no.
Leadership - no.

He is a non-entity of a CB. Nice guy, not an awful player but nowhere near good enough for a big club as a starter.

Captain Paris

That's enough for me. The clearance or (rather lack of clearance) for the Firmino goal was the tipping point. He needs to go the bench.

First I'll give him credit where it's due. He's never injured compared to the rest of our fragile squad, he almost never misses games and that's it.

I can't see a single quality that stands out about him and the fact that Solkjaer keeps playing him and saying that he and Maguire are being such a great partnership makes me doubt his capacity to understand games. We are having the worst season of our modern era, we keep conceding goals but no problem, "we are building a culture".

Another example of poor recruitment, even at his best, he was never a reassuring presence, he transmits his anxiousness to everyone and his supposed ability on the ball is nowhere to be seen. Also what upsets me is the fact that he got a brand new contract. The person responsible should be sacked ASAP.

Finally the question would be who to play in his place. Now that Bailly is back, he should get a chance since Tuanzebe seems to be the love child of Jones and Saha.

Mike Smalling

It is unbelievable just how often he gives the ball away when he is either trying to clear it or pass it out.

kopviolator

That's enough for me. The clearance or (rather lack of clearance) for the Firmino goal was the tipping point. He needs to go the bench.

First I'll give him credit where it's due. He's never injured compared to the rest of our fragile squad, he almost never misses games and that's it.

I can't see a single quality that stands out about him and the fact that Solkjaer keeps playing him and saying that he and Maguire are being such a great partnership makes me doubt his capacity to understand games. We are having the worst season of our modern era, we keep conceding goals but no problem, "we are building a culture".

Another example of poor recruitment, even at his best, he was never a reassuring presence, he transmits his anxiousness to everyone and his supposed ability on the ball is nowhere to be seen. Also what upsets me is the fact that he got a brand new contract. The person responsible should be sacked ASAP.

Finally the question would be who to play in his place. Now that Bailly is back, he should get a chance since Tuanzebe seems to be the love child of Jones and Saha.
Perhaps he stays fit since he never commits to anything. He just glides around and pretends to challenge headers. It's no surprise he doesn't get injured - not that I would wish that for him.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Perhaps he stays fit since he never commits to anything. He just glides around and pretends to challenge headers. It's no surprise he doesn't get injured - not that I would wish that for him.
He defends in real life like you do on FIFA.

he just holds the jockey button and stays 5 yards away from the attacker, hoping they'll take a heavy touch or try to knock it passed him. All the attacker has to do is mildly jog with the ball and he will just keep backing away.

He makes an awful mistake pretty much every game, he can't pass, he can barely jump or head the ball. We were absolutely conned by Jose and his scouts.

We got rid of Smalling, but Lindelof is literally no better than him at anything ? I cannot understand the decision.

I lost count the amount of times he cleared the ball in a panic straight to a Liverpool player for them to have another go at attacking us. He's got zero bottle.

Sylar

If he and Bailly were combined into 1 CB, that CB would be pretty good. Pace, strength, Lindelof's backing off would counter Bailly's rashness in challenges, Bailly can go on a decent dribble, Lindelof can make a decent pass. Somehow the player would still be weak in the air. But you'd have a solid CB.

Right now they're 2 halves of a solid CB. Both have too many problems to be a starter and they're better than Rojo...
Thats fair. And you would think pairing the two would make for a good partnership (possibly). But it doesnt (well I guess we wont ever know for consistent time anyway given how Bailly is always injured)

As for Lindelof, we really need Tuanzebe fit to take his place.

I still cant believe what he was doing for that disallowed goal. That was amateur defending. Not what you expect from an 'iceman'.

Nick7

If he and Bailly were combined into 1 CB, that CB would be pretty good. Pace, strength, Lindelof's backing off would counter Bailly's rashness in challenges, Bailly can go on a decent dribble, Lindelof can make a decent pass. Somehow the player would still be weak in the air. But you'd have a solid CB.

Right now they're 2 halves of a solid CB. Both have too many problems to be a starter and they're better than Rojo...
Jesus, I somehow think the mix of them would be even worse in the air than both separately.

Adam-Utd

He’s so so bad on the ball under pressure. He just can’t handle any pressing at all.

if he doesn’t offer us that then what’s he in the team for? He’s just an alright defender, that’s it.

NinjaFletch

I tell you what. He's got this really good ability to not look that guilty when he fecks up and gets away with it as if he's planned it all along. Reckon that got him about 2 extra seasons here, because he's absolutely woeful at any of the things defenders are supposed to do.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Am I the only one who thought he played really well?
no mate, I thought so too, he was battling to the very end. He is definitely a confidence player, but I thought he played well tonight.

A-man

Difficult match with very high and intense press, plus he had to cover the whole flank for AWB. Think he was solid except for the poor pass to DDG in first half, but that’s what happens with intense press.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
yes.

He was shit again.

The iceman sucks.

Gotta love the full sleeve tattoo look when your arms are thinner than a regular forearm.

Bring I'd rather see Rojo commit border line reds.

Adam-Utd

What did he do well that any average defender doesn’t?

I’d say even Gary Cahill would handle the ball better than the melt man

kundalini

Another awful performance from Lindelof. Complete liability. What happened to his ability to play out from the back ?

Based Adnan

Good game today. Even the backpass De Gea made a meal of. Could easily have just come out and cleared it but he decided to try and block it for whatever reason.

Everytime we beat the press Lindelof played a part and defensively he was good despite finding himself in tricky situatioms. Solid game.

LJJT

Thought he was terrible again today. The week link. Maguire was fantastic. Lindelof is too soft and too slow.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Good game today. Even the backpass De Gea made a meal of. Could easily have just come out and cleared it but he decided to try and block it for whatever reason.

Everytime we beat the press Lindelof played a part and defensively he was good despite finding himself in tricky situatioms. Solid game.
He did remarkable by blocking it because he negated any rebound that could have been made possible by fluke.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses

Also, he almost sold de gea out and found it funny enough to laugh afterwards. What was that all about?

A-man

yes.

He was shit again.

The iceman sucks.

Gotta love the full sleeve tattoo look when your arms are thinner than a regular forearm.

Bring I'd rather see Rojo commit border line reds.
Could be wrong but I think the very shitty Lindelof with friends are the first to achieve clean sheet at Ethiad this season.

mu4c_20le

Made some important blocks and tackles, and finally looked brave near the end when we were wide open at the back and City tried to counter. Looked weak for most of the game and was very very lucky not to concede when he lost the ball to Aguero.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He is offering nothing in terms of creating attacks. The way we "play out from the back" is pointless, it's really deep in our own half for a minute up until we're not and Lidelof either decides to hoof it out of play or gives the responsibility to Wan Bissaka who if he is marked will lose the ball. If he is pressured he always makes sloppy passes easy for the opposition to intercept and create goals from. He is a complete liability and to go with it, he never does any actual defending. We concede a lot of corners because he lack ability to head the ball and the composure to break up play effectively. Teams sustain pressure to our defence because Lindelof has to play so deep so he is not exposed. It ruins our team and it is pointless as he just isn't good enough. Shouldn't play in the PL. Portuguese league was probably his level. I'm sure he'd look great in that league.

simmee

Really good today, just as Maguire. Both had a brainfart each but otherwise really good performance.

A-man

So far 2020 Lindelof and Maguire (played together) have 5 clean sheets in 7 matches.

simmee

He is offering nothing in terms of creating attacks. The way we "play out from the back" is pointless, it's really deep in our own half for a minute up until we're not and Lidelof either decides to hoof it out of play or gives the responsibility to Wan Bissaka who if he is marked will lose the ball. If he is pressured he always makes sloppy passes easy for the opposition to intercept and create goals from. He is a complete liability and to go with it, he never does any actual defending. We concede a lot of corners because he lack ability to head the ball and the composure to break up play effectively. Teams sustain pressure to our defence because Lindelof has to play so deep so he is not exposed. It ruins our team and it is pointless as he just isn't good enough. Shouldn't play in the PL. Portuguese league was probably his level. I'm sure he'd look great in that league.
I often wonder if you even believe the things you write yourself or if you're so agenda driven that you've just given up.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I often wonder if you even believe the things you write yourself or if you're so agenda driven that you've just given up.
Do you think I'm agenda driven? I can admit to being a bit fed up right now because I refuse to believe and don't know how any fans of Man Utd can rate that performance from Lindelof as good. He was terrible, of course I believe that, because frankly he was appalling.

He just kept City out at home, so he was doing something right. Some people will never rate him because he doesn't launch himself all blood and thunder at headers and tackles like a lot of English football fans have been brought up to think is the only way.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He just kept City out at home, so he was doing something right. Some people will never rate him because he doesn't launch himself all blood and thunder at headers and tackles like a lot of English football fans have been brought up to think is the only way.
I highly doubt that is the reason. If it was a player like Jones would not be a meme and a joke to the English football fans. I actually think it is the opposite. A lot of hipster types have a clouded rating system where a player who is perceived to be 'cultured' will get a lot of pretentious goodwill based on nothing but air.

simmee

Do you think I'm agenda driven? I can admit to being a bit fed up right now because I refuse to believe and don't know how any fans of Man Utd can rate that performance from Lindelof as good. He was terrible, of course I believe that, because frankly he was appalling.
Well for starters you can't even spell his name correctly because your hands are trembling. It is hilarious that you think the whole team sits deep to cover for Lindelof, especially when Maguire is slower than him, and not because it was a tactic to soak up pressure from City.

Please enlighten me in how we concede a lot of corners because of his heading ability. It happened once today because he didn't know what was behind him so he had to head it away and he tried to pass it to Williams. If you have clips of all the other times it has happened I'll gladly watch them.

Always makes sloppy passes is bullshit as well, check the stats. No actual defending, bullshit as well as you would've known if you had actually watched todays game.

Status
Not open for further replies.