Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Yep, he is the sole and only reason we didn't win the game.

Also, he conceded a chance where the opponent could have scored from. Poor defender.
No he wasn't... he just made a bad error, which could have given up a goal... of course people can criticise that.

Harry Maguire was excellent against City... MOTM for me, but he still deserves criticism for literally passing them the ball 6 yards from our goal.

Mr. Christian

I am absolutely certain that Lindelof is one of the best centre backs in the league and if he was at almost any other club he would be recognised as such. If he was at Leicester this season he'd be twice the player that Soyuncu has been. If he'd have been at Liverpool last year they'd have won the league. He's better than any centre back from City, Chelsea, Arsenal and Leicester.
That’s a considerably bold statement.

I’d like to believe that he can get to grips with the physicality of the Premier League but so far I’m unconvinced.

Hopefully he’ll forge a good working partnership with Maguire by the end of the season, if not I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets dropped before then. Time will tell!

Not strong enough in the air, repeatedly gets pushed off the ball and often looks shaky.

Fingers crossed he’ll come good. A strong defensive minded midfielder would assist greatly to sure space up in front of him and help highlight his positive attributes.

Le Red

That’s a considerably bold statement.

I’d like to believe that he can get to grips with the physicality of the Premier League but so far I’m unconvinced.

Hopefully he’ll forge a good working partnership with Maguire by the end of the season, if not I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets dropped before then. Time will tell!

Not strong enough in the air, repeatedly gets pushed off the ball and often looks shaky.

Fingers crossed he’ll come good. A strong defensive minded midfielder would assist greatly to sure space up in front of him and help highlight his positive attributes.
He wobbles when he moves. It's weird to see it in a defender. He's not firm and sturdy like a defender should.

Le Red

Because people who knows football, paid professionals, basically says Smalling sucks and Lindelöf is better. Simple as...
Oh the "professionals" argument. Jose Mourinho thought Salah and De Bruyne were surplus to requirements. But no, the professionals know it all and we're just a bunch of ignorants despite watching football for our whole lives.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Oh the "professionals" argument. Jose Mourinho thought Salah and De Bruyne were surplus to requirements. But no, the professionals know it all and we're just a bunch of ignorants despite watching football for our whole lives.
Did he?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
At least he did with Salah. Last once Salah was signed for Liverpool and showed his class, Jose lied about how he just loaned him and wanted the player back but when Salah was loaned out to Roma with option to buy, he said "I hope Salah won't return, I have 5 wingers better than him" something like that.

ivaldo

Yes, he did. Next question.
De Bruyne on telling Jose he wanted to be sold permanently as opposed to the loan Jose wanted him to go on:

I think José was a bit disappointed, but to be fair to him, I think he also understood that I absolutely needed to play. So the club ended up selling me, and there was no big problem at all.
So next question is, why lie?

Last edited:

ivaldo

At least he did with Salah. Last once Salah was signed for Liverpool and showed his class, Jose lied about how he just loaned him and wanted the player back but when Salah was loaned out to Roma with option to buy, he said "I hope Salah won't return, I have 5 wingers better than him" something like that.
Certainly with De Bruyne it wasn't the case. The player has said as much himself.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Credit to him for sticking his head in to prevent that early chance. Passing wasn't good tonight though.
Yeah thought he was fine defending for the most part, but absolutely rubbish on the ball. Though in his defence the pitch was a mess.

OleGunnar20

Does his inclusion tonight hint at Bailly perhaps having a run as first choice going forward?

I feel like Ole was lining up Tuanzebe to step into Lindelofs position earlier in the season before his injury.

I'd be glad to see either in his place really, although he did fine tonight.

RedDevilRoshi

Does his inclusion tonight hint at Bailly perhaps having a run as first choice going forward?

I feel like Ole was lining up Tuanzebe to step into Lindelofs position earlier in the season before his injury.

I'd be glad to see either in his place really, although he did fine tonight.
I hope Bailly is in the team for Sunday as can see Deeney trying to bully Victor like a rag doll

Victor was alright tonight although his distribution was poor

Alabaster Codify7

Not a fan. Games like this are his level. I don't mind him staying as a backup, but we need a top-class CB to partner Maguire and we're almost golden at the back, in my eyes.

Fussmeister

I hope Bailly is in the team for Sunday as can see Deeney trying to bully Victor like a rag doll

Victor was alright tonight although his distribution was poor
Agree with the bailly part. Give him a run of games to form a understanding with maguire.

Dont agree with the bully part though. I did well the last time and he struggles more against quicker players.

A-man

Agree with the bailly part. Give him a run of games to form a understanding with maguire.

Dont agree with the bully part though. I did well the last time and he struggles more against quicker players.
Every game someone says he’s going to be bullied but it never happens. Last time they played Watford he was the best of United’s defenders imo.

reddevilchennai

He is on top-3 of Jose's worst signing for United along with Sanchez & Dalot.
Never worth the money what we spent for him.
Slow and afraid of defending.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Could upgrade on him next season.

Im not sure about this guy.

He's literally scared of the football and turns his back even if the opposition scuffs the kick.

He did so to allow a corner to come out & then from the corner missed the header. Luckily it wasn't a goal.

Zonal marking wasn't the problem with maguire and Lindelof - it was Lindelof making us defend with one central defender.

Ekeke

Messed up with Matic early on both leaving it to each other. He was the player coming onto the ball not running back towards his goal so he should have had a little character and taken charge. Instead it provided a chance for Watford

Then he completely mistimed his jump for the goal that was chalked off, we're lucky it came off the attacker's arm

Teffe

Messed up with Matic early on both leaving it to each other. He was the player coming onto the ball not running back towards his goal so he should have had a little character and taken charge. Instead it provided a chance for Watford

Then he completely mistimed his jump for the goal that was chalked off, we're lucky it came off the attacker's arm
Wasnt it Bruno heading that ball infront of Lindelof??

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
How the feck did he miss that header for the Watford goal? Seriously he isn't even a ball playing defender. Wasted 35m when we already had Blind.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Not his day really, I think Bailly should have started to better deal with their physicality.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Played very well today, aside from a few sloppy passes.

Zlatan Ibrahomovic

That was Maguire bro.

Solid performance by him and Maguire at the back. Watford game out soaring but fell of and second half was all under control.

Fredrik.A

He did not mistime it. Fernandes touched it just in front of him.

Based Adnan

That was Maguire with Matic and Fernandes got a nick just in front of him for the disallowed Watford goal

Had a good game today

Ekeke

Played very well today, aside from a few sloppy passes.
You werent watching when he and Matic ran into each other leading to a Watford chance, or when Watford scored and it was ruled out for a touch of the hand where Lindelof jumped under the ball allowing it to go to the Watford player?

Ekeke

How the feck did he miss that header for the Watford goal? Seriously he isn't even a ball playing defender. Wasted 35m when we already had Blind.
He's a "comfortable on the ball" defender. But I think the defender part is the weakest part of that description. I'm not sure he defends better than a DM

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
This.

But no surprise the same people making things up.
Look back at how they got the corner. The ball literally rolled passed him because he turned his back to the ball because he was scared of hit even though the player mis hit it.

Shaw had to make a clearance.

He literally is scared of defending.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
You werent watching when he and Matic ran into each other leading to a Watford chance, or when Watford scored and it was ruled out for a touch of the hand where Lindelof jumped under the ball allowing it to go to the Watford player?
Pretty sure Maguire ran into Matic. You probably were not watching the good things though.

Based Adnan

Never been one for accusing people of agendas but this thread is unreal.

1. He's being accused of something Maguire did
2. He's being faulted for not having superhuman reactions after the player just in front of him headed the ball

Status
Not open for further replies.