Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
But you agree Brighton and Wolves have at least one CB that is as good or better than Lindelof that plays for a much bigger club?

I think the defense being decent is more of a collective effort and the midfielders deserve alot of credit too. I don't have a agenda against Lindelof but I do recognise that we can do better than him.
No, I personally wouldn't swap and of Wolves/Brighton CB's for Lindelof.

Those two teams are also better coached and a more cohesive unit and I would argue that their defenders get better protection than Lindelof and Maguire do. Our defence gets left exposed for too often.

mu4c_20le

Based on what exactly? We have one of the best defences in the league.
That's a shared responsibility with those around him. And, like this thread today, it also masks the mistakes that he's made, either the ones that resulted in a goal (of which there are several, and we dropped points), or he got away with it like today and it gets swept under the rug.

Fussmeister

I love the fact that people are so keen to discredit Lindelof that they're actually lying about things that we all watched within the last 3 hours. How sad can you get?
Yeah pretty insane replies in this thread today. He had some shaky moments in this game but not even close to the shit he gets.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
No, I personally wouldn't swap and of Wolves/Brighton CB's for Lindelof.

Those two teams are also better coached and a more cohesive unit and I would argue that their defenders get better protection than Lindelof and Maguire do. Our defence gets left exposed for too often.
I'd take both Dunk and Boly over Lindelof.

Berbaclass

That's a shared responsibility with those around him. And, like this thread today, it also masks the mistakes that he's made, either the ones that resulted in a goal (of which there are several, and we dropped points), or he got away with it like today and it gets swept under the rug.
He wasn't at fault for either of Watford's chances FFS :lol:

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Bailly is better than Lindelof. Bailly also compensates for Maguire's lack of recovery speed much better than Lindelof.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
We were so lucky to escape the goal. Why didn't he attack the ball? Maybe the wind made it tricky but that should be an easy heading clearance for any defender worth his salt.

This guy is horrible. At one point he positioned himself to block a cross but because it was a soft pass he just decided to let it pass right into the box in front of De Gea for an easy tap in. The guy have no idea what he is doing defensively, and has a terribly frightened attitude on the ball. Even if he did have the talent or met the physical requirements, which he don't, I don't think he would have made it here with his frightened mentality. Doesn't belong at a top club. He is more like a good old fashioned Arsenal type CB that might get his hype every now and then, but every team in the league just love taking advantage of his fragilities.

mu4c_20le

:lol:

Our whole team started poorly, you're just going to single him out to suit your agenda. It's absolutely pathetic :lol:
I didn't say he was the only one, this is his thread. I also dont understand why any sort of criticism towards him is automatically considered an 'agenda'... i watched the match from start to finish, and he scared the shit out of me at the start.

Berbaclass

I didn't say he was the only one, this is his thread. I also dont understand why any sort of criticism towards him is automatically considered an 'agenda'... i watched the match from start to finish, and he scared the shit out of me at the start.
Because guys like you are clutching at straws to pick something out to criticize in a game where essentially he did nothing wrong.

Fussmeister

Bailly is better than Lindelof. Bailly also compensates for Maguire's lack of recovery speed much better than Lindelof.
He has Pace indeed but his field awareness is shit. Dont think either of Bailly/tuanzebe/Vic is the long time solution.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
saved by VAR again, can’t believe he took his eyes off that cross and ducked under it. He’s such a liability and a train wreck on the ball.

fills me with just as many nerves as jones.

Denis79

Lindelof isn't a top centre half by any means, he won't get either. Dissapointed because I really had high hopes.

Raven

Yeah pretty insane replies in this thread today. He had some shaky moments in this game but not even close to the shit he gets.
Yeah, he was a little sloppy early on, like the rest of the team but it's an absolute witch hunt in here.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Got to give credit on VAR, Bissaka & Shaw for saving this guy's mistakes multiple times this season.

Raven

saved by VAR again, can’t believe he took his eyes off that cross and ducked under it. He’s such a liability and a train wreck on the ball.

fills me with just as many nerves as jones.
My god. Try watching the match next time. Bruno clearly gets a touch before him.

Ekeke

Youve had an agenda against Lindelof as long as i can remember. So funny that the 2 things you highlight wasnt even his at all

Do you have an agenda against math?

I messed up and admitted messing up when I realized/was reminded that it was Maguire not Lindelof that ran into Matic.

Now if only posters on here could admit their favourite footballers mess up sometimes instead of taking it as a personal insult. Dont worry your poster on your bedroom wall wont think any less of you

Ekeke

Can anyone actually explain this daft theory that a CB shouldnt clearly call for the ball when he has a better position to head it? Or the theory that Lindelof did call for it, but Fernandes ignored him anyway? They both played in Portugal. So I don't think you can make up that its a language error.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He does something slightly wrong in second minute of the game and people want him gone. Maguire fecks up; Lindelof's fault. Half of team fecks up something; Lindelof's fault- "if he cleared ball better 5 minutes ago, this situation would not happen".

He is not better or worse than Maguire and is fecking far better than any other our defender including Smalling.

And Bruno was the one who fecked up when they scored. Not Lindelof!

tjb

He's crap. He makes us destabilized in defence as he always seems to be scrambling. I always feel he will lose any aerial duel we get with him in the team. We have been horrible at dealing with set pieces since he came here. If the goal of the defence is to protect the goal, he really does not do it, even while in possession.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
My god. Try watching the match next time. Bruno clearly gets a touch before him.
Watched it and he ducked. Go back and watch the replay again. He most likely would have got his head on it if he didn't duck down about 2 foot. Useless.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He does something slightly wrong in second minute of the game and people want him gone. Maguire fecks up; Lindelof's fault. Half of team fecks up something; Lindelof's fault- "if he cleared ball better 5 minutes ago, this situation would not happen".

He is not better or worse than Maguire and is fecking far better than any other our defender including Smalling.

And Bruno was the one who fecked up when they scored. Not Lindelof!
Maguire's definitely better.

LoneStar

He's the opposite of his nickname. Starts panicking when opposition forwards press him. Also gets bullied physically. He's an average defender, who excels in nothing.

He had started giving me hope in the back end of last season, but it looks like a purple patch. Always seems to give away a chance or two every game.

Raven

Watched it and he ducked. Go back and watch the replay again. He most likely would have got his head on it if he didn't duck down about 2 foot. Useless.
Bruno touched the ball over his head. That's the long and the short of it. This is a witch hunt.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Maguire's definitely better.
When was Lindelof beat one on one like Maguire is in nearly every game? When he was outpaced by attacker? And this is not dig on Maguire because they are both good but i can only imagine what reaction would be here if that Brugge player did to Lindelof what he did to Maguire. And not to mention that Lindelof is far more less caught out of position than Maguire.

Lingard, Jones and Pereira are out of squad, Shaw is playing well so lets trash Lindelof. Every game from first minute he is a target. People want him replaced by Tuanzebe who played 2 games for club.

0le

Been on his case for a while now, he is an absolute nothing defender who gives away goals or big chances almost every game. Passive, no heart, no aggression, a reactive player but never proactive. Can't head the ball and his passing game is dodgy at best. Put Jones there asap with him at least you never expect anything positive. How he is still being played in there as a starter is really baffling.
Not sure how you can say it is baffling when we've had Tuanzebe, Jones and Bailly injured for large parts of the season but yes, I don't rate him much either.

Manowar

Never rate him. Often passive, walk back when defending, slow and despite his reputation for passing, he always fecks up twice each game. Not dominant in the air, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.