Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

sillwuka

He actually handled DCL throughout the game but it was all a bit of a struggle.

Bailly would have faired better although not sure how Eric would have handled the aerial assault in the second half..

Some great moments and some atrocious moments today. I'd love to see Bailly establish himself but he's hardly a guaranteed performer when we're on the back foot like we were in the second half.

unitedrulez84

Just doesn't inspire confidence in anything he does, even when he is doing the right things.

thepolice123

Bailly would have faired better although not sure how Eric would have handled the aerial assault in the second half..
Thought he struggled greatly with DCL's speed and strength. DCL was holding up the ball and winning headers at will. One of his poorest games today.

A-man

Not his best match even though most chances conceded did not come from him. Overreaction here as usual.

A-man

Some great moments and some atrocious moments today. I'd love to see Bailly establish himself but he's hardly a guaranteed performer when we're on the back foot like we were in the second half.
I think there is risk that Bailly would be a disaster in a match like this.

Nico87

Most frustrating part was not so much that DCL was able to cause him problems physically, but that at one point in the game he was outmuscled by little Leighton Baines.

championo

Top Stalker
Bambi on ice. I don't understand why they leave him at the back on corners, it is just asking for disaster in the future.

Utdstar01

Difference is Bailly mostly dominates his opponent and can anticipate danger. Lindelof doesn't really do much.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I told myself I’d be softer on him today but what the hell was he doing at the end for the chance for sigurdsson? Look how he lets Richarlison just wonder past him with a long ball.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Not his best match even though most chances conceded did not come from him. Overreaction here as usual.
It's not a overreaction when there's a pattern. There were 3 moments during the game that exemplified his lack of quality which come up again and again and again.

When he gives a corner while trying to drive the ball outside with a player pressuring him. He's not strong enough.

When he gets in the same situation on the attacking end and is overtaken by a smaller guy than him.

Worst one was when he was turnt upside down by Richarlison and gives away a very dangerous free kick. Why was he turnt upside down? Because he shows his back on the inside when every defender worth his salt knows you drive the attacker on the outside and therefore decrease the risks substantially.

He's not at fault for the last minute Everton goal though. That was an exceptional pass from Bernard.

Your expectations are far too low for a Manchester United fan. This is a club that has had exceptional talent in the defense for at least 4 decades in a row.

arthurka

Not any worse, Lindelöf almost lost all his aeriel duels. Easily turned, his reading of the game is shocking and his upper body strength seems very lacking. No doubt he is a nice guy but you don't need to be that nice to your opposition.

Art

Art the artist
Im sure more than half of the premier league cfs absolutely love the prospect of playing against him.

spiriticon

Im sure more than half of the premier league cfs absolutely love the prospect of playing against him.
Absolutely. All you have to do is stick one arm out to hold him off and casually stroll towards the goal. Might even get time to have a quick drink by the sidelines (while you've got that arm out of course) .

slored1

Fecking hell is he terrible at heading the ball. Gets bullied too often and should be replaced with anyone who doesn't get outmuscled in every second duel.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
I think he's absolutely shite. Might be the weakest centre half I've ever seen. Slow aswell which is an awful combination. Can someone tell the twat to stop putting his 2 hands behind his back aswell, that it won't be given a handball when his arms are down by his side

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
It's like Blind as a CB, but Blind was on another level in the mental aspect of the game and composure and quality on the ball. But all the same weaknesses, which really doesn't work in the prem. What exactly does he provide to the defence? Maguire brings the leadership, organization, the height & aerial strength, the composure and passing on the ball, but lacks the pace and maybe being aggressive. Bailly is on the balance of it and excellent partner, as is Smalling. Lindelof? Couldn't think of a less suitable partner.

el3mel

He was pretty decent imo. Not great but decent. I have my own complaints about him, but I think he's far too targeted by some here whenever we feck up defensively.

Denis79

I've been one of Lindelof's biggest critics but I think he did ok today. Had a lot of trouble adjusting to the high intensity in the beginning of the game but I think he got a handle on it later on by positioning himself better.

Djemba-Djemba

I thought Lindelof was dreadful.

Felt like their entire plan was to hit the ball long to him and he'd lose the header and they could get the cross in.

He's so weak, gets pushed off the ball with ease.

Utdstar01

Actually bailly is crap at sensing danger but his speed makes up for it.
He's not at all. A lot of moments in the Chelsea game he came out and intercepted passes that were coming into final third. He can have odd lapses in concentration but in general I feel better with him than Lindelof.

Infra-red

He looks genuinely terrified every time he steps out on the pitch. He's unbelievably weak for a CB and simply does not have the mentality to play for United.

Ace of Spades

I would just keep Smalling or try to get a CB to complement Maguire. Lindelof can be a squad option, but don't think he is good enough as a starting option. He seems better when the game is played on the ground, but when it is physically challenging game with aerial threat he is not a good option. Never looks comfortable, and don't think he gives a lot of confidence to his teammates either.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
He's either really bad and looks clueless or he is just very unorthodox but knows what hes doing

SATA

Jose usually has a good eye for a defender but what the hell does he see in Lindelof? Benfica definitely sold us a dud there and the club bought it

DON’T PANIC ™

He looks genuinely terrified every time he steps out on the pitch. He's unbelievably weak for a CB and simply does not have the mentality to play for United.
I agree and furthermore I think this has affected Wan Bissaka, who started the season full of confidence but now craps himself when he receives the ball.

dev1l

I would just keep Smalling or try to get a CB to complement Maguire. Lindelof can be a squad option, but don't think he is good enough as a starting option. He seems better when the game is played on the ground, but when it is physically challenging game with aerial threat he is not a good option. Never looks comfortable, and don't think he gives a lot of confidence to his teammates either.
Spot on. He s better off in a less physical league like Spain or Italy

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
He won me over last year, but I'm completely done with him.

He's awful, unassured, weak and is somehow referred to as 'Iceman'.

Aside from a right winger, we still need another CB as clearly Axel is too injury prone to even consider being capable of further development, and Bailly is due an injury in the next 3 appearances too.

Status
Not open for further replies.