Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanche7

Should be first backup CB IMO. He has his uses, but is not good enough to start for a top squad. But at the same time, we are not a top squad and there are far worse players than him starting for us regularly. DDG, AWB, Maguire, Pogba and maybe Martial are the only players who should be starting for a team with aspirations to win the league or CL. The good news is 2 out of those 5 were brought this summer, so I’m guessing 3 more summer windows to fix this mess, but by that time Pogba will be gone and DDG will probably need replacing.

Teffe

Absolutely a new scapegoat. How on Earth can Tuanzebe get a higher matchrating than Lindelöf this match? What a joke.

Bwuk

Absolutely a new scapegoat. How on Earth can Tuanzebe get a higher matchrating than Lindelöf this match? What a joke.
I agree - Tuanzebe is a youth player though so people blind themselves with it. Lindelof was fine - terrible moment at the end with the pass but it wasn't exactly a big deal, but a average rating of 5.1 is ridiculous.

Teffe

Jesus... bit dramatic don't you think? Axel got 5.2 and he got 5.1 :lol:
I just find it funny, there should be atleast 2.0 points between tuanzebe and Maguire/lindelöf based on this match. Both CBs did real good today. Without Tuanzebe we’d won that game with a clean sheet for sure

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I agree - Tuanzebe is a youth player though so people blind themselves with it. Lindelof was fine - terrible moment at the end with the pass but it wasn't exactly a big deal, but a average rating of 5.1 is ridiculous.
Is it? It means people mostly rated him a 5/10 ... which is fine, as he was just alright in the game. Nothing special. I'd have gone a 6... but i mean, 5/6 not a massive difference is it?

If you eliminate Tuanzebe's mistake from the game, he clearly had a far better game than Lindelof... but when you include the mistake then you have to bring it down, hence why him and Lindelof are about the same.

Bwuk

Is it? It means people mostly rated him a 5/10 ... which is fine, as he was just alright in the game. Nothing special. I'd have gone a 6... but i mean, 5/6 not a massive difference is it?

If you eliminate Tuanzebe's mistake from the game, he clearly had a far better game than Lindelof... but when you include the mistake then you have to bring it down, hence why him and Lindelof are about the same.
Tuanzebe was poor in the second half. He looked like his head had gone after the mistake for the goal.

Lindelof did nothing wrong. Him and Maguire were solid - Aubameyang got nothing out of them bar the goal which was form Axels mistake.

Ekeke

Because he was our best defender for the majority of the match despite playing at left back and then made 1 mistake, compounded by 2 more senior players playing in their best positions also making mistakes with their positioning and reactions.

He went from a 7/10 downwards with his mistake while Lindelof for example never at any point went above a 6/10

MagooDad

He is very average as a pure defender and his strengths are not being used in Premier League. The problem is that Tuanzebe is not better. Not yet.

I can still see why Barcelona wants him. Sadly, his style would probably fit a lot better at Barcelona then it does in United 2019. He has a similar play style as Pique, though lacking his defensive skills.

Meep

A bit to careful sometimes but I like his movement and placement. Hardly notices how much he stops early on. Deflected a lot and saved the Arsenal winner with his knee. Good game.

thepolice123

Just a miskick. He was trying to ping it to the player at the byline. The whole passage of play is a joke considering the fact that Young had the ball at a better position but was too scared to make the forward pass.

Ekeke

He is very average as a pure defender and his strengths are not being used in Premier League. The problem is that Tuanzebe is not better. Not yet.

I can still see why Barcelona wants him. Sadly, his style would probably fit a lot better at Barcelona then it does in United 2019. He has a similar play style as Pique, though lacking his defensive skills.
His strengths arent being used :lol: First it was that he's twice as good at RCB than at LCB, now despite being given the RCB role apparently we arent using his strengths

A-man

It is a combination of Lindelof being the usual scapegoat even after a solid game, and Tuanzebe being very popular. Had Lindelof had Tuanzebe's performance, he would get a 2.5 rating for sure.

A bit to careful sometimes but I like his movement and placement. Hardly notices how much he stops early on. Deflected a lot and saved the Arsenal winner with his knee. Good game.
This is his way of defending. Often people say "he was ok but did not have much to do". That is because positioning and reading the game are two of his biggest strengths, and the situations are shut down before they happen.

SambaBoy

I've got no problems with him at the minute. He's a decent enough player but if we ever want to reach our previous levels he can't be our first choice CB. There's about 8 other positions we need to strengthen first though.

I can't see him ever becoming a top CB, he's too passive and weak in the air.

A-man

Watching Barcelona’s first half and I can understand why they thought they needed another CB... :cool:

LJJT

Not a big fan to be honest. A centre back who can’t head, gets bullied and isn’t particularly quick or strong doesn’t really tick many of the boxes required in my view.

A-man

Not a big fan to be honest. A centre back who can’t head, gets bullied and isn’t particularly quick or strong doesn’t really tick many of the boxes required in my view.
He has been involved in 2 conceded goals in the first 7 games this season. VvD has been involved in two conceded goals the first 60 minutes against Salzburg today. There are many ways to defend and it seems to work well even if your personal boxes aren’t ticked.

LJJT

He has been involved in 2 conceded goals in the first 7 games this season. VvD has been involved in two conceded goals the first 60 minutes against Salzburg today. There are many ways to defend and it seems to work well even if your personal boxes aren’t ticked.
It’s a team game I’m not holding him personally responsible for any thing. But a centre back who can’t win a ball in the air, is relatively weak and gets bullied, isn’t quick doesn’t really fulfil many of the criteria in a centre back in my opinion.

A-man

It’s a team game I’m not holding him personally responsible for any thing. But a centre back who can’t win a ball in the air, is relatively weak and gets bullied, isn’t quick doesn’t really fulfil many of the criteria in a centre back in my opinion.
It’s a bit exaggerated that he can’t win a ball in the air, as he has won 3.1 aerial duels per match this season. Every match people say he is going to be bullied but I don’t see him being more bullied than anybody else.
Looking at real results( of conceded goals), he and the rest of the defence have been successful so far, absolutely the best functioning part of United this season, yet people complain.

jackal&hyde

It’s a bit exaggerated that he can’t win a ball in the air, as he has won 3.1 aerial duels per match this season. Every match people say he is going to be bullied but I don’t see him being more bullied than anybody else.
Looking at real results( of conceded goals), he and the rest of the defence have been successful so far, absolutely the best functioning part of United this season, yet people complain.
We've conceded very few chances per game, amongst the best in the league in this department. Shame that some of those few chances have been converted to goals though.

PaulRich

Just needs to assert himself a bit more which I guess will come with experience. The one thing we don't need to do is start chopping and changing CB pairings.

Ekeke

2 personal mistakes yes, he's been involved with other goals too where he wasnt the main guilty party. He's also got away with several mistakes

Devil may care

Comfortably our best player tonight, played like you expect a senior player to in a game like this, looked a cut above.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Why does this guy gets shat on when our defense is the only solid part of our team this season so far and he's part of it. Him and Maguire are our most solid defenders.

simpandenstore

Solid game today against spain. Why is he always better in the national team? He almost never had a bad game for them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He hardly has poor games for us either, it's just that he is barely involved in the action that it's bit difficult for him to even mess it up. He is basically always decent for me, nothing more, nothing less.

simpandenstore

He hardly has poor games for us either, it's just that he is barely involved in the action that it's bit difficult for him to even mess it up. He is basically always decent for me, nothing more, nothing less.
If you watch Swedens matches, his ballplaying ability for example, is so much better!
Even if Granqvist does much of the defending, he rarely miss a beat in his own defending. I can't remember a vital error or an off game for Sweden from him in ages. He seems more calm and composed.

MagooDad

Solid game today against spain. Why is he always better in the national team? He almost never had a bad game for them.
There is really a huge difference in the passes he manages in the Swedish team and in United. It can't really be the higher tempo of the Premier League either, because Sweden was really swamped against Spain during periods of the game, but Lindelöf just looked so calm.

A-man

There is really a huge difference in the passes he manages in the Swedish team and in United. It can't really be the higher tempo of the Premier League either, because Sweden was really swamped against Spain during periods of the game, but Lindelöf just looked so calm.
What I liked yesterday is when he defended he didn’t clear the ball, instead he found nice ground passes through the Spanish line and Sweden could start counter attacks. When playing for United, he rarely clears it but he plays a safer pass. On the other hand most teams seem to sit back against United which makes this impossible.

romufc

Doesn't help when fans are using a missed header V Palace as a benchmark of his performances and ignore everything else he does.

The defence is the least of our concerns at the moment and fans on here want to get rid of him.. why can't we accept and enjoy the fact we have 3 really good CB's who will be rotated all season with the number of games.

This means all 3 know that drop in form and a another is waiting to pounce.

The same people complain that we do not have enough squad depth...

meamth

Maybe the pressure of playing for United is bigger than playing for Sweden. No offence to Swedish posters here.

You know, that little bit of extra pressure will force a mistake or two, unluckily for him, those small mistakes usually lead to goals.

He is not shit, just stupidly unlucky.

pss

I doubt its about the pressure. However, having an organized team around you helps. The Swedish national team is, United isn’t.

IMakeThingsUp

I doubt its about the pressure. However, having an organized team around you helps. The Swedish national team is, United isn’t.
I think that is the main issue. I remember when I switched from playing comptetively to playing sunday league. It was extremly difficult to play well, people didnt move as I expected, they didnt receive my passes properly etc.etc. It was really hard to shine due to the surroundings.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
International football attacks are much easier to deal with than club football attackers.

Spain are a shadow of Barcelona & Madrid's attacking abilities. Watching sterling and Kane scoring goals for England is not the same level of football they produce for Man City & Spurs. These are all examples - but rather than the saying that the defenders are more coordinated - I will say that it is the attack that is less coordinated in international football that makes Lindelof a bit better on the international stage - if he is that at all.

Doesn't help when fans are using a missed header V Palace as a benchmark of his performances and ignore everything else he does.

The defence is the least of our concerns at the moment and fans on here want to get rid of him.. why can't we accept and enjoy the fact we have 3 really good CB's who will be rotated all season with the number of games.

This means all 3 know that drop in form and a another is waiting to pounce.

The same people complain that we do not have enough squad depth...
Mistakes are mistakes. People held off on players like Blind due to his occasional mistake & its no surprise that is should happen to the rest of the squad when it does.

romufc

Mistakes are mistakes. People held off on players like Blind due to his occasional mistake & its no surprise that is should happen to the rest of the squad when it does.
Hmm, in that case we should really be getting rid of DDG, Tuanzebe and Pogba because all of them have made costly mistakes this season.

We should start Romero, Rojo and Matic instead?

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
International football attacks are much easier to deal with than club football attackers.

Spain are a shadow of Barcelona & Madrid's attacking abilities. Watching sterling and Kane scoring goals for England is not the same level of football they produce for Man City & Spurs. These are all examples - but rather than the saying that the defenders are more coordinated - I will say that it is the attack that is less coordinated in international football that makes Lindelof a bit better on the international stage - if he is that at all.

But then, by definition, international defences are much easier to break down as well. Defences will be equally as fragile in terms of organisation and co-ordination. It’s all relative.

Status
Not open for further replies.