Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Well for starters you can't even spell his name correctly because your hands are trembling. It is hilarious that you think the whole team sits deep to cover for Lindelof, especially when Maguire is slower than him, and not because it was a tactic to soak up pressure from City.

Please enlighten me in how we concede a lot of corners because of his heading ability. It happened once today because he didn't know what was behind him so he had to head it away and he tried to pass it to Williams. If you have clips of all the other times it has happened I'll gladly watch them.

Always makes sloppy passes is bullshit as well, check the stats. No actual defending, bullshit as well as you would've known if you had actually watched todays game.
:lol: We do play deep because of Lindelof. Maguire would be able to play in a high line if he had someone quick to cover for him. Lindelof is really bad at positioning himself and anticipating things and act proactively. That means anything that slightly comes down his side will end up with the whole team back. Lindelof just runs back, he doesn't even try to defend on his own before the whole team is there to cover for him.

I don't think the team is setup to make the best use of Lindelof or anything, I'm just saying he doesn't fit in with our tactics because we give up so much possession due to him being unable to proactively defend and push us forward. We're always on the back-foot running back to defend in numbers, and it is because Lindelof doesn't defend on his own, he backtracks. It puts the team under pressure.

For instance, he headed a ball out for a corner when it wasn't necessary simply because he lacks composure. It isn't purely because his ability to use his head is weak. Someone who is good at reading the game have more time to make better decisions. For a defender it is essential that he is aware of what is going on around him at all times. If you aren't you do things like that every game. Yet, people aren't even questioning Lindelof's lack of leadership on here, so no wonder a smaller aspect like this is going unnoticed. It wasn't like Lindelof tried to head it to a player on his team but just messed up one time. I can forgive a mistake, but this is just an example of him not being at the level required.

He has had one dangerous misplaced pass almost every game this season. It is his signature move. I don't have clips, but I promise you now that you're aware, you will notice that pass next game.

He makes sloppy passes under pressure. He has decent speed on his forward passes I think, but not that good accuracy on those. I know that he does some bits well. When the whole team sit deep, is is pretty good at not overcommitting and get his foot on a ball. Many times he waits to do the double with Fred and it works well. He is pretty disciplined, it is just that he isn't good enough. He is like a decent DM in the Portuguese league playing as a CB in the PL.

Last edited:

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
Can we give Bailey a run of games now. This guy has been varying degrees of shit all season.

Although, Lindelof being a pussy and ducking out the way was useful for once on Matic's goal.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Can we give Bailey a run of games now. This guy has been varying degrees of shit all season.

Although, Lindelof being a pussy and ducking out the way was useful for once on Matic's goal.
So it's actually smart to be a pussy? Football is modern now, it has evolved and being a pussy can be equally as beneficial as a Roy Keane type. Ok, boomers?

Jordan_mufc

no mate, I thought so too, he was battling to the very end. He is definitely a confidence player, but I thought he played well tonight.
That's what I was thinking. Most of their attacks came from AWBs side, who was selling Lindelof short. Lindelof kopping a lot of the blame though.

Could be wrong but I think the very shitty Lindelof with friends are the first to achieve clean sheet at Ethiad this season.
Exactly, although City should have scored more it was down to us being overrun in midfield. Defence was left to fend for itself

Nope feck knows what everyone else is on about
Thought I was going mad.

He just kept City out at home, so he was doing something right. Some people will never rate him because he doesn't launch himself all blood and thunder at headers and tackles like a lot of English football fans have been brought up to think is the only way.
Just what I was thinking. Kept Aguero pretty quiet too

billybee99

Worst player on the pitch for me. I honestly don't think this guy is any better than Smalling.

Siviz

Supports
Swansea
Good game from him though marred by a big mistake.

Teffe

I dont defend that stupid backpass to De Gea but why the hell does DDG always stay so far back in goal? Any other keeper would move outside his goalline and help the defender. He should position himself a few yards higher up the pitch to help out to begin with. He makes some Magicial saves but terrible in passing play as Ole seem to want

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Good game from him though marred by a big mistake.
2 big mistakes, don't forget getting robbed in the 2nd half bumbling around with the ball.

Lindelof genuinely makes a big mistake every match it feels like. He's getting as bad as Jones in that sense.
I dont defend that stupid backpass to De Gea but why the hell does DDG always stay so far back in goal? Any other keeper would move outside his goalline and help the defender. He should position himself a few yards higher up the pitch to help out to begin with. He makes some Magicial saves but terrible in passing play as Ole seem to want
Most keepers would expect a pass to reach them 20 yards :lol: can't believe people are trying to put the blame onto the keeper, unbelievable. kick the fecking ball properly and it doesn't happen.

Anders80

One bad pass but he had a good game other than that. So much hate in here for no reason. I hear "worst player" and when you say that I question your knowledge of football because there were far worse players on the pitch. Lingaard and Martial were awful and Shaw and AWB were very average. Lindelöf and Maguire had one bad screw up each which were a result of City's high pressure, but looking at the game overall they were among the best players. No conceded goals. DDG man of the match for me though.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
2 big mistakes, don't forget getting robbed in the 2nd half bumbling around with the ball.

Lindelof genuinely makes a big mistake every match it feels like. He's getting as bad as Jones in that sense.

Most keepers would expect a pass to reach them 20 yards :lol: can't believe people are trying to put the blame onto the keeper, unbelievable. kick the fecking ball properly and it doesn't happen.
Indeed, I find 'worst player on the pitch' hyperbolic but these clanging errors are not good enough, particularly from central defensive players such as Lindelof. As you say it feels like one per game from Lindelof and Maguire got in on the act yesterday too, and we wonder why we're punished more often than not.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Indeed, I find 'worst player on the pitch' hyperbolic but these clanging errors are not good enough, particularly from central defensive players such as Lindelof. As you say it feels like one per game from Lindelof and Maguire got in on the act yesterday too, and we wonder why we're punished more often than not.
It doesn't help that we're trying to play out from the back, but we clearly don't put any actual effort into training it.

The tempo that we move the ball out of defence is lethargic at best, they rarely run with the ball into the spaces created in fear of losing it, but instead then either pass sideways or backwards.

Lindelof infuriates me the most in this sense, as he holds onto it for about 4-5 seconds looking for an ambitious 40 yard pass (ignoring those around him) then proceeds to get pressed and panics. You can guarantee he will just slide the ball to AWB who is trapped on the byline by his marker, who then has to try and hit it first time up the line or play a dangerous 1-2 inside and hope it works out.

The passage of play in the 2nd half where Lindelof and Lingard sums him up. @GifLord can you help with this one?. They were playing a 1-2 pass while being pressed by one player, instead of just turning away and bringing the ball forward, passing to AWB or De Gea who was open, he decides to try and play an even riskier pass back and kicks it out for a throw in.

For somebody labelled iceman for his fabled "coolness" it's just the most ironic nickname going :lol:

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
It doesn't help that we're trying to play out from the back, but we clearly don't put any actual effort into training it.

The tempo that we move the ball out of defence is lethargic at best, they rarely run with the ball into the spaces created in fear of losing it, but instead then either pass sideways or backwards.

Lindelof infuriates me the most in this sense, as he holds onto it for about 4-5 seconds looking for an ambitious 40 yard pass (ignoring those around him) then proceeds to get pressed and panics. You can guarantee he will just slide the ball to AWB who is trapped on the byline by his marker, who then has to try and hit it first time up the line or play a dangerous 1-2 inside and hope it works out.

The passage of play in the 2nd half where Lindelof and Lingard sums him up. @GifLord can you help with this one?. They were playing a 1-2 pass while being pressed by one player, instead of just turning away and bringing the ball forward, passing to AWB or De Gea who was open, he decides to try and play an even riskier pass back and kicks it out for a throw in.

For somebody labelled iceman for his fabled "coolness" it's just the most ironic nickname going :lol:
Agree, considering Maguire is willing to carry the ball out (not always with the best results but at least he's trying) and has clearly been given licence to do so you wonder why Lindelof can't have a go at it too. He's played in midfield and was known as a ballplayer once upon a time so I refuse to believe he can't do it. His confidence must be low as it looks like he's gone away from every fundamental of his game that interested Jose in the first place.

Sylar

Lindelof isnt great on the ball. Its like he panics a lot. And sometimes it seems like he cant kick the ball 'properly'. Its weird.
As a ball playing CB hes been disappointing.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts

SATA

I have to ask where exactly did he get his ‘Iceman’ nick from? Because his game is anything but not playing cool. It’s baffling

Last edited:

Zlatans Knee

I have to ask where exactly did he get his ‘Iceman’ nick from? Because his game is anything but playing cool. It’s baffling
Because he comes from a cold country so I assume they deemed it appropriate.

abk92

A so called defender that is not good at any aspect of defending. Jones, Rojo and Bailly despite all of their mistakes and injuries are all better than him because they actually try to defend. The only games where this guy gets praised is when he doesn't have to do much defending, says it all really. The guy is afraid to head a ball, constantly backing off opponents instead of challenging for the ball and always panics when he has a chance to clear it.

Why was he giving a new contract and why was our best defender since Fergie retired (not saying much) sent out on loan. Smalling's passing may be bad at times but he is a thousand times better defender than this guy.

Last edited:

Teffe

A so called defender that is not good at any aspect of defending. Jones, Rojo and Bailly despite all of their mistakes and injuries are all better than him because they actually try to defend. The only games where this guy gets praised is when he doesn't have to do much defending, says it all really. The guy is afraid to head a ball, constantly backing off opponents instead of challenging for the ball and always panics when he has a chance to clear it.

Why was he giving a new contract and why was our best defender since Fergie retired (not saying much) sent out on loan. Smalling's passing may be bad at times but he is a thousand times better defender than this guy.
Because people who knows football, paid professionals, basically says Smalling sucks and Lindelöf is better. Simple as...

thepolice123

TBF it seems like the right pass, AWB was under pressure from two City players and if he passed to DDG, he will hoof it forward anyway. Lingard just stopped there after making the pass and the passing angle was blocked. He should have moved infront to give Lindelof the passing angle.

Our build up from the back is pathetic. Lingard’s bad first touch and pass to Lindelof which he had to stretch to receive put everyone under pressure.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Worst player on the pitch for me. I honestly don't think this guy is any better than Smalling.
Smalling is one of the best CBs in the serie A. He is an excellent defender. Not great at building up from the back, but as a CB, he is far ahead of Lindelof. Would be a good partner to Maguire tbh.

Fussmeister

Smalling is one of the best CBs in the serie A. He is an excellent defender. Not great at building up from the back, but as a CB, he is far ahead of Lindelof. Would be a good partner to Maguire tbh.
tbh Lindelof would shine in serie A aswell. Serie A is so much slower the epl, no pressing etc.

romufc

tbh Lindelof would shine in serie A aswell. Serie A is so much slower the epl, no pressing etc.
Fans with short memory.

Smalling might have been a good defender but when a manager wants to play football from the back, he does not work. We can talk about Lindelof being bad or whatever but he is just a scapegoat for fans.

Fussmeister

Actually thought he and maguire had a good game. Even won couple of headers in the wolves pen area in the end.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Didn’t like the time he got spun and got a deserved booking which he found hilarious. Then from the resulting free kick he lost his man, and then ducked out of a header that Saiss should have scored from
He played decent, then very good, then he did this and a few other things that is just unbearable to watch from a United CB.

Like when he has the ball with his arms out, it just screams of panic, "anyone I don't know what I'm doing and neither do you" Pass the blame mentality and worst of all is that it gives a signal to the other team that they are doing something right. It gives the other team confidence and your own teammates doubt.

When we managed to sustain some sort of attacking pressure on Wolves, first thing they do is give the ball to their striker or winger and we almost never win the long ball 1vs1. We then have to defend in numbers as Wolves establish their possession play and we use a scattered press to defend from deep. We are so close to throwing a team off balance after a couple of waves of attack. Would be awesome to have a physical and dominant CB who could win the ball out wide at least 6/10 instead of 3/15. It would help our attacking tremendously. We're stuck in the build up phase. Not everything is on Lindelof but this specific point is something that contributes to our lack of possession domination.

Last edited:

arthurka

Didn’t like the time he got spun and got a deserved booking which he found hilarious. Then from the resulting free kick he lost his man, and then ducked out of a header that Saiss should have scored from
You forgot when he tried to win the ball high up the pitch in the first half only to pass it straight to Wolves and leave acres of space behind him while he did that..

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
You forgot when he tried to win the ball high up the pitch in the first half only to pass it straight to Wolves and leave acres of space behind him while he did that..
Yeah that too. Think I used to be oblivious to this sort of stuff with him but now that it’s in my head and I watch him more closely it’s unbelievable the nonsense he gets up to during a game. He’s been very lucky this last while too that some of his feckups havnt cost us. He had atleast 3 against city the other night that they completely wasted

arthurka

Yeah that too. Think I used to be oblivious to this sort of stuff with him but now that it’s in my head and I watch him more closely it’s unbelievable the nonsense he gets up to during a game. He’s been very lucky this last while too that some of his feckups havnt cost us. He had atleast 3 against city the other night that they completely wasted
It's scary to think he plays every game and has zero pressure on his position. I couldn't stop tearing my hair out Vs Liverpool in the beginning of second half he gave the ball away at least 5 times with terrible passing and decision making. Lost count of the times he played the ball to a teammate who is under pressure only to make them kick it out or lose the ball. He ain't a baller and he is soft as feck.

Anders80

He had a good game, but people here really need to nitpick and find something to complain about, don't they? Anything? Oh of course, he smiled when he got booked, yeah better rate him a 1 because we surely didn't like that! Also, he sucked in that other game earlier in the season, yep, definitely sucks! Don't forget that he waves his arms sometimes, because we can't have any of that!

No goals conceded in the last two matches yet he gets roasted.

And that waving the arms thing. Did it ever occur to you that the team often has no movement at all? Many in our team are quite terrible when they don't have the ball because they just stand there waiting for something to happen instead of moving around, pulling the opposing team apart, creating space and passing opportunities. While some matches are better than others, this has been a problem for us for a long time, and is one reason why we sometimes easily get pressured. Lindelöf clearly gets frustrated with this at times.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He had a good game, but people here really need to nitpick and find something to complain about, don't they? Anything?
Hang on a minute - their best chance of the entire game came from him fecking about for a free kick, and then not bothering to challenge for a header.

That isn't something anything... thats the actual shit that can cost you a goal. I mean we all know our set-piece defending is crap, and it actions like that from our team as to why.

romufc

Hang on a minute - their best chance of the entire game came from him fecking about for a free kick, and then not bothering to challenge for a header.

That isn't something anything... thats the actual shit that can cost you a goal. I mean we all know our set-piece defending is crap, and it actions like that from our team as to why.
Yep, he is the sole and only reason we didn't win the game.

Also, he conceded a chance where the opponent could have scored from. Poor defender.

Status
Not open for further replies.