Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Pretty sure Maguire ran into Matic. You probably were not watching the good things though.
The slide clearance where no one was really attacking the box and made it look like Bailly vs Chelsea?

Man-United

Never been one for accusing people of agendas but this thread is unreal.

1. He's being accused of something Maguire did
2. He's being faulted for not having superhuman reactions after the player just in front of him headed the ball
And Ekeke ignore that he was wrong both times.

mu4c_20le

How the feck did he miss that header for the Watford goal? Seriously he isn't even a ball playing defender. Wasted 35m when we already had Blind.
After watching the replay it looks to have glanced off Bruno's head. But yeah his passing was atrocious especially in the first half, put us under pressure and gave Watford their best chances.

Ekeke

And yes my bad, it was Maguire and Matic. So that was his partner not Lindelof.

Still jumped under the ball on the Watford goal that was chalked off

mu4c_20le

That was Maguire with Matic and Fernandes got a nick just in front of him for the disallowed Watford goal

Had a good game today
If we ignore the two or three big chances that Watford could've scored from, yeah he was decent, especially in the second half when we had complete control

Based Adnan

And yes my bad, it was Maguire and Matic. So that was his partner not Lindelof.

Still jumped under the ball on the Watford goal that was chalked off
Are you disputing the fact that Fernandes headed the ball?

izec

2. He's being faulted for not having superhuman reactions after the player just in front of him headed the ball
His shit pass lead to the situation though. If we feck up defensively, likelihood is high Lindelöf was involved in some way. Losing the ball with a shit pass without much pressure is a trademark

izec

He is just as average as they come for a CB at United. Some good and bad moments, he does the minimum.

Bobski

He is a front runner. Team in control he can look the part, but his edginess in tight games is concerning.

Based Adnan

Are you disputing the fact that he jumped under the ball?
He jumped for the ball and the player in front of him flicked it over him. Not sure what you're struggling to understand?

Not even the love of your life Chris Smalling does anything different there.

Ekeke

He jumped for the ball and the player in front of him flicked it over him. Not sure what you're struggling to understand?

Not even the love of your life Chris Smalling does anything different there.
I'm struggling to understand the dramatically flawed logic of a CB not calling for the ball and winning a header instead of jumping under the ball.

Unless you're suggesting that Fernandes heard Lindelof call for the ball and ignored him, which is a weird argument to make. And yes like any CB Smalling calls for the ball there

mu4c_20le

He is just as average as they come for a CB at United. Some good and bad moments, he does the minimum.
I wouldn't be confident with him as first choice if we were to play CL football next season. He's around Bailly's level, a good squad option. If he's not satisfied with that, tough

Based Adnan

I'm struggling to understand the dramatically flawed logic of a CB not calling for the ball and winning a header instead of jumping under the ball.

Unless you're suggesting that Fernandes heard Lindelof call for the ball and ignored him, which is a weird argument to make
Do you have proof he didn't call for the ball? Or is that just something you made up as it suits your argument?

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Do you have proof he didn't call for the ball? Or is that just something you made up as it suits your argument?
Answer me. Why did he turn his back for the cross that led to the corner. The crosser literally miss kicked it and it trickled across our defence. Why does he always do that?

Teffe

Unless you're suggesting that Fernandes heard Lindelof call for the ball and ignored him, which is a weird argument to make. And yes like any CB Smalling calls for the ball there
Youve had an agenda against Lindelof as long as i can remember. So funny that the 2 things you highlight wasnt even his at all

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He's just a run of the mill CB and that to me is the issue when we judge him for a big club. There's literally dime a dozen CBs at midtable clubs around Europe who could replicate his regulation performances.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
He's just a run of the mill CB and that to me is the issue when we judge him for a big club. There's literally dime a dozen CBs at midtable clubs around Europe who could replicate his regulation performances.
Sorry but that's absolute trash.

thepolice123

His shit pass lead to the situation though. If we feck up defensively, likelihood is high Lindelöf was involved in some way. Losing the ball with a shit pass without much pressure is a trademark
It was James who lost the ball on the edge of the pen area and Shaw cleared it out for a corner.

spiriticon

Shaw should take his place at CB.

Shaw is better in defense, is also better on the ball and can't be any worse in the air!!

pss

Not a huge fan of Lindelöf. With that said, blaming him for the disallowed goal isn't fair. It's obvious that Bruno flicks the ball over his head. No one can react to a ball changing direction like it did fast enough. Watch the replay.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
If we ignore the two or three big chances that Watford could've scored from, yeah he was decent, especially in the second half when we had complete control
That's the problem when we have the control everything is alright. It's when we are under pressure he just crumbles.

Halftrack

He's making it up to support his ludicrous argument :lol:
You're talking about the guy who applied his own definition to OPTA/WhoScored stats that didn't match the definitions used by OTPA/WhoScored to gather said stats.

Also, his definition of what constitutes a clearance is laughable.

Teffe

Yes. He’s not been consistent enough in my eyes either and will probably be a squadplayer next year. But he gets so much stick for stuff that isn’t his fault... Its a bit frustrating to read

Berbaclass

Tell me why i'm wrong first, because it's not difficult to pluck players out from the likes of Even Brighton who are just as good if not better than him
I'm not really interested in debating that because you have an agenda so whatever I say will be wrong. I'm more interested in seeing who you think are better defenders than him at 'mid-table clubs all over Europe' :lol:

Raven

I love the fact that people are so keen to discredit Lindelof that they're actually lying about things that we all watched within the last 3 hours. How sad can you get?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I'm not really interested in debating that because you have an agenda so whatever I say will be wrong. I'm more interested in seeing who you think are better defenders than him at 'mid-table clubs all over Europe' :lol:
That's not a problem if you don't want to debate. I just wanted you to point out the stand out attributes of Lindelof which make you think my opinion off him is incorrect. I can also argue my point just by using players from the likes of Wolves and Brighton without having the need to look at La Liga, Bundesliga, or Serie A.

Berbaclass

That's not a problem if you don't want to debate. I just wanted you to point out the stand out attributes of Lindelof which make you think my opinion off him is incorrect. I can also argue my point just by using players from the likes of Wolves and Brighton without having the need to look at La Liga, Bundesliga, or Serie A.
Brighton aren't a mid-table team and neither are Wolves, the fact that you don't even understand those basic things makes me cynical about your actual footballing opinion.

As for as Lindelof is concerned. Aside from his aerial ability which is questionable, he is very solid in most areas. We obviously understood that flaw in his game and brought in Maguire who has good aerial ability. The two have combined to create a good defensive pairing that is right up there with the best in the league statistically.

kiristao

Spot on. Yes he has made his share of mistakes in the past but recently he has been doing pretty well but people just want to blame him for everything.
They will not notice how Deenay didn't manage to bully him even once all game or the fact that he made a few good blocks and won quite a few headers as well

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
For someone who has a real eye for talent, you're miles off here.

For me, he is an Evans or O'Shea level of defender. Very capable 1st XI player when on form and otherwise an excellent squad player. Certainly has a place in our squad for next few years.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Brighton aren't a mid-table team and neither are Wolves, the fact that you don't even understand those basic things makes me cynical about your actual footballing opinion.

As for as Lindelof is concerned. Aside from his aerial ability which is questionable, he is very solid in most areas. We obviously understood that flaw in his game and brought in Maguire who has good aerial ability. The two have combined to create a good defensive pairing that is right up there with the best in the league statistically.
But you agree Brighton and Wolves have at least one CB that is as good or better than Lindelof that plays for a much bigger club?

I think the defense being decent is more of a collective effort and the midfielders deserve alot of credit too. I don't have a agenda against Lindelof but I do recognise that we can do better than him.

Status
Not open for further replies.