Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Gash-o-rama tonight. Weak defensively, shit aerially and poor positionally. Needs replacing.

A-man

He doesn’t have maguire, let’s see if that means he was deferring previously. Poor show if he was. He’s got a decent long pass on him that’s the best I can say about him
You made the claim that he makes many passes that put his team mates in trouble. Do you think he did that tonight?

RRCE

Lindelof, in my opinion, is not nearly good enough. He’s such a frustrating player. Sure, he’ll have a good game once in a while. Once in a long while he may actually play an insightful pass. Overall, though, he’s such a meek defender. He’s quite slow and incredibly weak physically. The regularity with which he gets bullied off the ball is stunning. He‘s not good enough positionally or in reading the game to overcome his shortcomings. He’s a very poor one on one defender, which really hurts our ability to fully commit to the attack (for instance, having to play McFred). I can’t imagine there’s a forward in the league who is fearful of going up against him. I find it troubling that our scouts (or whoever made the decision) identified him as a suitable target to begin with.

We absolutely need a new CB. Personally, I’d rather keep Bailly and Tuanzebe and move Lindelof on. He’s just smacks of mediocrity. The other two are far from perfect, but at least they’re not as soft as warm butter.

The United

He does not even look intimidating as a CB! He looks like a ball boy sometimes.

Should look more like a nasty Cu*t!

krentz

He's such a Daisy, good enough for some midtable clubs in Italy or spain but completely out of depth in English football (not even good enough for Championship). Is Jorge Mendes his agent?? Also what have our fitness coaches been doing with this guy? He's still look as lanky and as skinny as his first year in England. why cant they bulk him up?

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
Christ the "defending" for the Carvalho chance was utter piss poor. I can't believe Lindelof let him in there. Well, actually I can, and that's the scary part.

You just know that Maguire, even slower than Lindelof, would somehow get his fridge body in front of Calvalho, blocking him completely off.

Ekeke

Christ the "defending" for the Carvalho chance was utter piss poor. I can't believe Lindelof let him in there. Well, actually I can, and that's the scary part.

You just know that Maguire, even slower than Lindelof, would somehow get his fridge body in front of Calvalho, blocking him completely off.
There was also the pass in behind Lindelof where Lookman received the ball in the box and Fred hadnt been able to stop him and De Gea needed to make a save from the near post and then the follow up header. AWB was already with the player with the ball, Lindelof came out far too wide and left a huge hole for the pass to be played into. And he was nowhere close to the attacker in the box when the goal was scored. The cross went to the back post but if it had been pulled back towards the central player that caught AWB's attention then Lindelof had backed off way too much and wouldnt have been able to get to it

Poor defensive performance

Idxomer

The worst regular CB we've had post-Fergie and that list includes Rojo and Jones.

Ekeke

The worst regular CB we've had post-Fergie and that list includes Rojo and Jones.
In terms of at their best I'd agree. I'd take Rojo and Jones from 14/15 over him easily. But they've also had very low points so I'd say they're about the same overall

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The best thing about him is staying healthy, and the odd long ball over the top.

Apart from that there's probably a CB in every team in the league i'd rather have instead.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I was thinking that even in Fergies teams when you looked past Bruce-Pallister, Stam-Johnsen, Vidic-Ferdinand who were all brilliant, we had backups who could defend. May, Berg, O’Shea, etc.
How our standards have fallen if Lindelof is considered a reliable defender, even good by some people, first team regular.

Zlatan Ibrahomovic

Commonly referred to on the Caf as "shit" "Needs upgrade" "Weak in the air"- Lindelöf is featured in "Team of the year" according to statistics giant CIES Football Observatory:

"With the five major European leagues ended, issue number 339 of the CIES Football Observatory Weekly Post presents the best line-ups for each championship. Players were selected according to the CIES performance index developed using data from OptaPro. Only footballers fielded for at least two thirds of domestic league minutes were included in the line-ups."

https://football-observatory.com/IMG/sites/b5wp/2020/wp339/en/

Good luck in todays final Victor!

Last edited:

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Lindelöf featured in "Team of the year" according to statistics giant CIES Football Observatory

"With the five major European leagues ended, issue number 339 of the CIES Football Observatory Weekly Post presents the best line-ups for each championship. Players were selected according to the CIES performance index developed using data from OptaPro. Only footballers fielded for at least two thirds of domestic league minutes were included in the line-ups."

Thoughts on this @golden_blunder @Ekeke ? :)

Commonly referred to on the Caf as "shit" "Needs upgrade" "Weak in the air"- Lindelöf is featured in "Team of the year" according to statistics giant CIES Football Observatory:

You’ve demonstrated the problem with using stats. They can catch some elements of what happens on the pitch, but is clearly imprecise when used exclusively.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Up against 2 big physical guys in Bacca and Moreno tonight, he's going to need to be at his best.

Ekeke

Torpedoed their own index. Place random CB in team of the year with no explaination behind it

???

Not that this explains why those rankings are anymore accurate than other ratings systems, or even the random Lindelof inclusion in their team of the year, but they seem to disagree with themselves on their own website?

He's #36 out of CBs from the past 6 months when you include all competitions

SamVimes

Tonight is a test of his organisational and leadership skills. It will be interesting to see how he handles the extra responsibility.

United in sin

CIES has always been a joke

Villareal 1:1 Man Utd

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Even after Sevilla last season people still insisted Lindelof does his job on crosses. Do people still trust him when the ball's in the air?

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Can we really blame him though? I genuinely believe he has no talent.

It's not a mentality problem. He just does not have talent as a top level footballer.

Dinghy

The one player that need replacement more than anyone. Pure shite.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
That's his career as a starter here. Not a horrible mistake but he is incapable of a perfect performance. Sounds harsh, but a high class defender should produce 10/10 performances quite often.

Zoo

Am sure some will say that it wasn’t his man and he had to react late but it’s pretty simple in my eyes - a strong, dominant centre back just might have been able to prevent that goal.

A-man

Poor for the goal and both him and Bailly were too slow on the ball in first half. Better in second half but there was never any attacks on his side really. Close to assist with the long ball to Rashford.

Eugenius

What sums him up is a) the goal and b) that he was hiding 10th in the penalty queue behind the inexperienced Tuanzebe.

criticalanalysis

Most rested, senior defender, who's meant to be intelligent and ball playing.

Reality: piss poor for the goal, defers to Bailly or back to De Gea every single time an opposition player is infront of him. Pathetic and cowardly performance.

Bailly was rash and lucky to get away with that miskick in the 2nd half but he passed with purpose and between the lines. He got the ball back from Lindelof so many fecking times, he had no choice but to try to pass it forward.

Lindelof is an overrated and passive piece of piss.

The biggest praise is that 'he wasn't bad'. Wrong. The issue is that he isn't good. Not making mistakes or not standing out is not something to praise.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
I take comfort in that he will soon be replaced as a first choice CB. Mediocre.
He's not mediocre. He really is shite. Why are people so nice, he makes such mistakes every second game, he wouldn't start for any fecking team in the premier league let alone for a club like ours, wait a moment...

Status
Not open for further replies.